Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2017 Waives, Buyouts, etc.

13»

Comments

• jb510jb510 Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 194

My cap room total is messed up on the spreadsheet but believe I have 0.22 remaining.

Buyout Ilyasova. Taking full cap hit this year.
    0.5 x 75% + 0.5 x 50% = .63 cap hold this year.

Buyout reduces remaining cap room to .09 (0.22 - 0.13 = .09)

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,145

@jb510 said:
    My cap room total is messed up on the spreadsheet but believe I have 0.22 remaining.

Buyout Ilyasova. Taking full cap hit this year.
    0.5 x 75% + 0.5 x 50% = .63 cap hold this year.

Buyout reduces remaining cap room to .09 (0.22 - 0.13 = .09)

You are correct. Sorry about the spreadsheet mistake.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 587

Buyout:

Andre Iguodala 1.7 * 75% + 1.86 * 50% = 2.21 Taking full cap hit this year
    Marvin Williams 2.6 * 75% + 2.88 * 50% = 3.39 Taking full cap hit this year
    Frank Kaminsky 0.5 * 75% + 0.5 * 50% = 0.63 Taking full cap hit this year

Buyouts reduce remaining cap room to 2.06 (3.49 -0.51 - 0.79 - 0.13 = 2.06)

Note: In accordance with discussions from last year, I am a) posting this before the first game on the last day b) sitting all the players I am waiving for today's game (including players I might have otherwise played)

Thanks!

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 587

Just to further avoid any confusion, I have dropped the 3 players ahead of today's games as well.

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,145

@DaRuhl said:
    Buyout:

Andre Iguodala 1.7 * 75% + 1.86 * 50% = 2.21 Taking full cap hit this year
    Marvin Williams 2.6 * 75% + 2.88 * 50% = 3.39 Taking full cap hit this year
    Frank Kaminsky 0.5 * 75% + 0.5 * 50% = 0.63 Taking full cap hit this year

Buyouts reduce remaining cap room to 2.06 (3.49 -0.51 - 0.79 - 0.13 = 2.06)

Note: In accordance with discussions from last year, I am a) posting this before the first game on the last day b) sitting all the players I am waiving for today's game (including players I might have otherwise played)

Thanks!

What you are doing is fine and the changes are reflected on the spreadsheet.

Excellent, thanks for the verification! Wanted to make sure I got it right this year!

• nykosnykos Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 462

Just in case? What is the rule?
    Waiving before the end of last game of today or before the 1st day?
    Dont know if I need to waive someone lol.... but just in case...
    Thanks !

@nykos said:
    Just in case? What is the rule?
    Waiving before the end of last game of today or before the 1st day?
    Dont know if I need to waive someone lol.... but just in case...
    Thanks !

The rule for our league is you waive guys today and eat a multi year cap hit this year. For the teams in the championship game, they can’t have the players in their lineup today and still waive them.