Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2017 Rules, Discussion and Notices

13»

Comments

• CapCap Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 948

Is it 0.001-0.005 rounds down, and 0.006-0.009 rounds up? Or shouldn't it be 0.001-0.004 rounds down and 0.005-0.009 rounds up?

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,145
    edited December 2017

@Cap said:
    I wasn't implying having one set of rules for contract, and another for cap holds, just curious why we don't use three decimals for everything, since that would essentially eliminate all overage/underage. I'm happy to set my spreadsheet to two decimals, but I'm curious why some of my cap holds were rounded down to 0.37 instead of up to 0.38, whereas it seems like others were rounded up, (Noah's 0.63 for example). Just want to understand the method so my spreadsheet matches.

The method is if it’s .005 or higher it rounds up and if it’s .001-.004 it rounds down. As for why the cap holds this year are all at .37, it’s because I messed up and rounded .375(.125 x 3) down on waived players with minimum contracts and decided not to change my mistake midstream this season. Therefore, everyone gets a slight benefit for this year only.

• KiireKiire Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 186

Do we have rules about tanking? And I mean the tanking like not playing stars when they are healthy.

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,145
    edited January 7

@Kiire said:
    Do we have rules about tanking? And I mean the tanking like not playing stars when they are healthy.

No, we do not. It’s never been a real issue that people have taken advantage of in the league, so there hasn’t been a need. As to the owner I believe you are referring to, it’s a case of inactivity not blatant tanking. He’s never been one to be active addressing roster needs, but has typically maintained his lineup in the past.

• TheRobSaysTheRobSays Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 425

Man I feel bad for DV. He gets Jabari back and then loses KP to the same thing. Crazy ...

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 587

Hmmm, been MIA for a good bit.

Realized I won Shabazz Napier for 1.0M (0.5, 0.5) back in late January.

I'd like to add him now and waive Andre Roberson (I have cap space).

That said, given that it's waaaaay late, I'd also be fine if folks feel:

• Shabazz should go back into the free agent pool
    • I need to take a cap hit as if I bought Shabazz out at 0.5 * 0.75 + 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.63

Please let me know so I can proceed with my team ahead of the trade deadline.

Sorry for my absence and oversight!

Thanks!

DR

edited March 4

@DaRuhl said:
    Hmmm, been MIA for a good bit.

Realized I won Shabazz Napier for 1.0M (0.5, 0.5) back in late January.

I'd like to add him now and waive Andre Roberson (I have cap space).

That said, given that it's waaaaay late, I'd also be fine if folks feel:

• Shabazz should go back into the free agent pool
    • I need to take a cap hit as if I bought Shabazz out at 0.5 * 0.75 + 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.63

Please let me know so I can proceed with my team ahead of the trade deadline.

Sorry for my absence and oversight!

Thanks!

DR

Edited: My mistake, but Cap is right, our rules state you have to add the player within 24 hours of a winning bid, so you can’t add Napier, and you incur the cap hit you mentioned above. While there’s some flexibility in the rules, if we don’t follow them as we’ve discussed in the past, why have them?

Hang on, why is he allowed to add Napier still? The rules clearly state that if you don't pick up a player within 48 hours of winning a bid the auction is deemed void and the players goes back to the FA pool, and the team incurs the cap hit. Normally I wouldn't care, but I happen to be playing DaRuhl in the final week trying to push for a playoff spot, so not sure why this would be allowed.

@Cap said:
    Hang on, why is he allowed to add Napier still? The rules clearly state that if you don't pick up a player within 48 hours of winning a bid the auction is deemed void and the players goes back to the FA pool, and the team incurs the cap hit. Normally I wouldn't care, but I happen to be playing DaRuhl in the final week trying to push for a playoff spot, so not sure why this would be allowed.

By the rules you are correct, so DaRuhl won’t be adding Napier even though nobody else started a second Napier auction after he won him. My mistake.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 587

Sorry again for my (double) oversight. In fact the rules do clearly state what happens in this situation, which I hadn't realized. I will post the waive in the waivers section for clarity. My apologies!

No worries, and probably not going to make a difference either way, but might as well do it right.

Agreed. I should have read the rules before I asked.

• Altered_EvolutionAltered_Evolution Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 52

Goodluck in the finals guys. I was allready a bit lucky beating so-Tex in the first round due his key players injuries.

I knew it would be hard. But in the semi's i had 6 players injuried. Just to Much.