Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2017 Rules, Discussion and Notices

13»

Comments

• CapCap Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 935

Is it 0.001-0.005 rounds down, and 0.006-0.009 rounds up? Or shouldn't it be 0.001-0.004 rounds down and 0.005-0.009 rounds up?

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,106
    edited December 2017

@Cap said:
    I wasn't implying having one set of rules for contract, and another for cap holds, just curious why we don't use three decimals for everything, since that would essentially eliminate all overage/underage. I'm happy to set my spreadsheet to two decimals, but I'm curious why some of my cap holds were rounded down to 0.37 instead of up to 0.38, whereas it seems like others were rounded up, (Noah's 0.63 for example). Just want to understand the method so my spreadsheet matches.

The method is if it’s .005 or higher it rounds up and if it’s .001-.004 it rounds down. As for why the cap holds this year are all at .37, it’s because I messed up and rounded .375(.125 x 3) down on waived players with minimum contracts and decided not to change my mistake midstream this season. Therefore, everyone gets a slight benefit for this year only.

• KiireKiire Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 183

Do we have rules about tanking? And I mean the tanking like not playing stars when they are healthy.

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,106
    edited January 7

@Kiire said:
    Do we have rules about tanking? And I mean the tanking like not playing stars when they are healthy.

No, we do not. It’s never been a real issue that people have taken advantage of in the league, so there hasn’t been a need. As to the owner I believe you are referring to, it’s a case of inactivity not blatant tanking. He’s never been one to be active addressing roster needs, but has typically maintained his lineup in the past.