Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

What do you expect from Kobe this year?

Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368
edited September 2014 in Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

I think the title says it all. Does anyone think he can play close to a full season?

Comments

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,006

I expect a lot of missed games, and even more disappointed/disillusioned fans.

• Fenris_77Fenris_77 Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 215

Yup. Missed games highlights my issues with him this year. He'll probably be pretty good when he does play, at least if he rolls with more of a facilitator approach, but I given how high I've seen him go I won;t be buying any shares in the Mamba this season.

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

Sure, some missed games, and I'll wager he'll play in around 60-65. He'll be better than his stint last season, but it'll be curious by how much as he tries to make himself effective with even less athleticism now. An assist or two more? An improved outside shot?

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

It's a HUGE gamble. I think he'll play more than Derrick Rose... It's the not playing back-to-backs and such that bother me. Plus, are the Lakers a threat for the play-offs? If not you know he and Boozer will probably be riding the pine the last month or so as the Lakers develop their youth and tank under the guise of resting their vets from their nagging injuries.

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

Lakers developing youth? Kobe voluntarily sitting out? Out of all the organizations, the Lakers are one of the least likely to pull a tank job. Their fans pay an enormous amount and fill the arena to see them compete. Their GM's almost always reload through FA rather than rebuilding through the draft. Kobe needs a fracture or something similar to miss games. And Byron Scott has a lot of pride and prefers veterans.

I do agree with the fact Kobe is more likely to play in more games than Rose though.

• ggsggs Member, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 43

goign way too early in mocks....

How many missed games are you guys thinking? 20-30 range?

@ggs said:
    going way too early in mocks....

What is his ADP so far?

@Phil_OPastry said:
    How many missed games are you guys thinking? 20-30 range?

15-20 range.

Hey, he made it through the preseason! >:)