Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2015 - 2016 Draft Discussion

lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 367

Please post draft discussion here.

Comments

• TekTek Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 64

1.1 KA Towns - Shrugs, he should be a legit fantasy favorite in the coming years. Not expecting much this year.

• wesbaedkewesbaedke Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 119

Tek is hoping his stud rookie will pan out better than his top pick last year.

• TekTek Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 64

lol all too true, please don't remind me.

• lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 367

@Tek said:
    1.1 KA Towns - Shrugs, he should be a legit fantasy favorite in the coming years. Not expecting much this year.

Solid percentages and we know blocks transfer well to the NBA. Thing with rookies is it takes time to develop. If you're willing to sit on him for a few years and if he shows signs of potential like summer league and in his first NBA season, I think you have a winner. Remember, bigs can't learn to shoot ft's these days so it's nice that he has that worked out. Lol

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 319

I'm not ready to draft. At work and simply not prepared. Will look at offers for the pick as I try to determine who is actually available aside from rookies.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 422

Carmelo paired with a promising rookie who may well be a star but only after Melo's prime is done??

Sounds familiar! :-)

@Phil_OPastry said:
    I'm not ready to draft. At work and simply not prepared. Will look at offers for the pick as I try to determine who is actually available aside from rookies.

What!!! This hasn't been the most important thing in your life. For shame. Lol.

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 937

You mean Melo's prime isn't done? :D

@lilstinkylynx said:
    What!!! This hasn't been the most important thing in your life. For shame. Lol.

He's got three first round picks...just wing it Phil, you'll be fine!

@wesbaedke said:
    He's got three first round picks...just wing it Phil, you'll be fine!

I winged it... Will probably regret bringing anyone back from last year's team; however, I need assists and am hopeful that Reggie's numbers in Detroit were not an aberration. Something feels very wrong and dirty in selecting Reggie Jackson with the second overall pick in any basketball draft though.

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 937

Given that we haven't officially started yet, I think I'll take a little time to talk trades. Everyone knows who they can get with the next pick now.

@Phil_OPastry said:
    I winged it... Will probably regret bringing anyone back from last year's team; however, I need assists and am hopeful that Reggie's numbers in Detroit were not an aberration. Something feels very wrong and dirty in selecting Reggie Jackson with the second overall pick in any basketball draft though.

Lol. Maybe I'm the only one super high on him but I don't see how he can't repeat those assist numbers with the extra weapons he now has. I think he has a slight uptick in efficiency personally. I'm super high on the kid and been trying hard to move up just to get a crack at him.

He fits your needs well and I feel we will all be playing catch up to you and @sald0gg this season.

@dasein said:
    Given that we haven't officially started yet, I think I'll take a little time to talk trades. Everyone knows who they can get with the next pick now.

Where are all those trades. Lol. Just being anxious.

I thought maybe @lilstinkylynx was the only one really high on RJax. I guess not. Can't call it a huge surprise but it does seem a little early for him. He does have some holes in his game but assist #s should be solid this season. Would need to see more consistency and less Brandon Jennings to see RJax hit his max potential.

@lilstinkylynx said:

Sounds like a stall tactic...lol

@lilstinkylynx said:

That's what I'd like to know.
    The guys I was talking to have (almost) all disappeared over the last 24hrs.
    I'm cognizant that people would like to keep this moving, so if I don't hear from anyone by the morning my time (in about 10hrs) I'll just make the pick.

• jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 80

You are probably not so thrilled about your 3rd overall pick lol.

@dasein said:
    I'm cognizant that people would like to keep this moving, so if I don't hear from anyone by the morning my time (in about 10hrs) I'll just make the pick.

Don't worry man. Take your time if you need to. Draft only gets serious come Sept. 8. I need to savior my first two picks anyways since I need to wait 36 picks after basically. Lol.

Oh, man. So I went through about 17 players I was "sure" I was going to draft or trade for in the last couple of days. Initially I really wanted to take a rook, as those guys are always brand new and exciting. But then I realised that with only 5 keepers, it's tough to justify holding onto a guy thats probably not going to sniff the top 60 for a couple of seasons.

With Mirotic, I believe I have a good dose of win now and win tomorrow. His per-game production should be in the ball park of the other available options this year, and that's with a conservative sub-30min projection. If he manages 30+ min (which wouldn't be a shock) he'll provide outstanding value. And those sort of minutes would be my expectation for next season given the geriatrics who share the front court with him. Add in further upside with the expected uptempo run-and-gun Hioberg system, and the possibility that he is through his Europe-NBA adjustment period, and this is one exciting pick.

I really like the pick. I was hoping to grab him in the latter part of the first round.

@Phil_OPastry said:
    I really like the pick. I was hoping to grab him in the latter part of the first round.

As do I. Thought for sure he would drop though.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 422

Very surprised to see him go that high, but I also think it is a good choice.

• boyet401boyet401 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Philippine All-Star League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 262

I was looking to shore up my front line stats and looking at the bigs available, I think Bosh is a safe pick at this point. I just hope he clicks with Dragic and Whiteside.

@boyet401 said:
    I was looking to shore up my front line stats and looking at the bigs available, I think Bosh is a safe pick at this point. I just hope he clicks with Dragic and Whiteside.

Agree he's the safe pick here. I was down to him and Mirotic and it was very close. Had this been a redraft league I would have taken Bosh and not thought twice. If I had 5 keepers I was completely satisfied with I might also have taken him.

@boyet401 said:

I forgot where I saw this but I remember seeing Bosh's numbers drop next to Whiteside but Whiteside's numbers increasing with Bosh. Anyone else remember seeing this. I'm too lazy to look it up.

• boyet401boyet401 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Philippine All-Star League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 262

@lilstinkylynx said:
    I forgot where I saw this but I remember seeing Bosh's numbers drop next to Whiteside but Whiteside's numbers increasing with Bosh. Anyone else remember seeing this. I'm too lazy to look it up.

bbm?

@lilstinkylynx said:

If you look at on-off splits, Bosh's rebound rate did drop a lot with Whiteside on the court. But his FT rate, eFG and scoring all went up. Either way, the sample size was pretty small so I don't know if we can really draw much from it. Bosh is a bigger part of Miami's plans than Whiteside anywho so I think all the hand wringing has been a bit overdone.

Agreeing w/ @dasein about the over doing of Bosh's numbers but I thought it was an interesting point. Personally I'm all about Whiteside so I want more Bosh on the court with him. More Wade and Dragic as well because more stars means more easy points and stuff for Whiteside.

@baller7037 please send message about draft turn and not wall post. I had mentioned this before. Please note all managers.

Sorry for the delay guys. Hoping to get a trade off. Will pick in the next few hours if not.

@DaRuhl said:
    Sorry for the delay guys. Hoping to get a trade off. Will pick in the next few hours if not.

Patiently waiting. It's almost my turn. Kind of...

@lilstinkylynx said:
    Patiently waiting. It's almost my turn. Kind of...

Me too...lezzzgoooo!

Sorry for the delay... we'll see how Khris turns out!

And just realized I forgot to message next - sorry!

@DaRuhl said:
    And just realized I forgot to message next - sorry!

No worries. I forgot for a few minutes too. Lol

@wesbaedke said:
    Me too...lezzzgoooo!

Where you at!!! Lol

@ football game. Sorry for holding you up. Easy choice for me to go Dragic...feel he's best available and expect a career year in Mia as he takes the reigns coming into the prime of his career.

I was hoping Russel or Dragic would make it back to me in the 2nd round :(

@boyet401 said:

Well, @sald0gg is a huge Laker fan and loves his rookies and @wesbaedke loves those efficiency players so I saw this coming. Lol

@boyet401 said:

Who knows where the rooks are goink to go, but Dragic was never going to last that long.

Damn. I was really torn between 2 players, but, I figured Payton really helps me with assists and steals and I did need another point guard.

Damn! I was looking at trying to land Turner in the 2nd round.

I was kinda hoping Danilo was gonna make it back to me! Nice get I think.

I wanted him cheaper too, but pretty sure he won't fall to my next pick.
    Playable stats this year, bosh with more blocks within 3 years??

edited September 2015

I was torn between him and Payton at 1.10 and simply hoped Danilo would still be there. I was probably taking Turner at 2.4.

And down goes another! Was hoping Terrence Jones would make it through to me...

wow lots of guys i was targeting gone in a jiffy! dragic, turner, galo

@boyet401 said:
    wow lots of guys i was targeting gone in a jiffy! dragic, turner, galo

Things got real serious real quick.

That's how things go bro, if you like someone you gotta reach. Nothing falls to your lap with sharks around LOL

Ty Lawson... Was that more a handcuff pick or do you see his value where you drafted him. I'm having a hard time determining what his exact value will be so any advice would be appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.