Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2015/16 Discussion

12346»

Comments

• SoTexSoTex Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 158

I find it interesting that I have James Harden on the block at 21M this season...

...and Whiteside just went to 19M for this season...that's like, what, a million per every three slots up the ranking list? :p

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................................... :s

Ok...I'm done grieving...let's move on shall we...[sniff, sniff] :'(

• CapCap Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 733

Sorry buddy, that sucks. Hopefully he comes back soon.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 422

Ya, definitely sux... tough break for SoTex and the Sixers....

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 937

Hey guys,

Remember to use quote when you are matching bids and confirming trades. It's not hard to do and it can make a big difference should we need to go back in time to check something.

• rockchalkrockchalk Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 148

Can "matched" offers still be bid on if the auction hasn't been closed?

• RocketDWMRocketDWM Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 189

RFA's - No Bird rights - Yes

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 937

Ok so there's 2 types of matching.
    RFA: you sit out the auction and choose to match when it's finished.

Bird rights: you can lead the bidding by posting match while the auction is still live. So you don't have to raise the previous bid to lead.

Got it. Thanks!

• nyacenyace Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 98

@dasein said:
    Ok so there's 2 types of matching.
    RFA: you sit out the auction and choose to match when it's finished.

Bird rights: you can lead the bidding by posting match while the auction is still live. So you don't have to raise the previous bid to lead.

Good info.

Regarding the edit on my last bid for Gordon Hayward...

I had a brain fart, and didn't pay attention to Cap's .1 after the 20 in his bid, I originally bid 21M (7, 7, 7), which I realized after the fact was .1M less than the required 1M bid increase. I've now changed it to read 21.3M (7.1, 7.1, 7.1), which NOW meets the minimum 1M bid increase.

Sorry for my confusion. :p

That's fine, but in future just post a new bid. Editing bids is a bit dodgy for I hope obvious reasons.

Tyler Johnson needs to be added to RocketsDWM roster, 0.85, 0.85.

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 774

@rockchalk said:
    Tyler Johnson needs to be added to RocketsDWM roster, 0.85, 0.85.

done.

• KiireKiire Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 88
    edited October 2016

I don't think the Noel salary structure is valid. From the Hassan Whiteside topic;

Salvador and Kiire, on four year contracts, the minimum salary per year has to be at least 10M, so both the last two bids are illegal. If N is 4, the annual salary must be at least 10M in each year

His first year is under 10M

• hichihichi Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 136

Good catch. I totally missed that. I will restructure. Also needs to be 10% not 15%.

And as a result Hichi is over the cap
    From the rules;
    Note: A manager may never place a bid that puts him over the Salary Cap, even if it would be under the cap following the subsequent drop of a player currently on the roster.

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 774

@hichi said:
    Good catch. I totally missed that. I will restructure. Also needs to be 10% not 15%.

15% is fine. You have bird rights on both Noel and Oladipo.

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 517 mod

@DVauthrin said:

@hichi said:

15% is fine. You have bird rights on both Noel and Oladipo.

I don't think that's right @DVauthrin. @hichi said the same thing. Should only have 10% increases

Bird rights apply to rookie deals?

Can I can get a double check on the bird rights? If so, I'll stick with the original bids. As for being over, I don't think that is the case as the Oladapio bid is invalid.

3.3 BIRD RIGHTS

1. Offer an annual salary increase/decrease of up to 15% of the BYS.

Yes, but does an RFA qualify for bird rights I think is the question.

I see Batum and Milsap already yellow in the spreadsheet, but I don't se their topics. Am I too quick to ask? Am I not looking straight? Or something else ;)

@hichi said:

I think the problem will be that it looks like you will be over the cap. Not sure exactly but that will mean you can not match both (not sure which one you matched earlier).

edited October 2016

@hichi said:

Straight From the rules,

Restricted Free Agents are auctioned in the same way as regular Free Agents.

Bird rights apply to anyone that has a 2 year or longer contract and was never waived, so Oladipo and Noel qualify. So 15% raises are fine for the owner of RFA's.

@Kiire said:
    I see Batum and Milsap already yellow in the spreadsheet, but I don't se their topics. Am I too quick to ask? Am I not looking straight? Or something else ;)

They are coming next after resolving Oladipo and Noel.

I would have dropped Randle or possibly Barnes prior to matching Noel, but didn't because I thought that Oladapio was invalid. Allowing me to match Noel. Restructure Oladapio and then figure out who to drop to fit him in. So am I screwed on Noel then or is there room for a redo? I was under the impression that both original matches were invalid when I rematch Noel.

@hichi said:
    I would have dropped Randle or possibly Barnes prior to matching Noel, but didn't because I thought that Oladapio was invalid. Allowing me to match Noel. Restructure Oladapio and then figure out who to drop to fit him in. So am I screwed on Noel then or is there room for a redo? I was under the impression that both original matches were invalid when I rematch Noel.

You aren't screwed on Noel. The Oladipo match is valid, just waive whomever to free up room for Noel now and then match him.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 422

Up to the official league folks of course.

But my suggestion is that, under the rules, hi chi has 24 hours from when the winning bid was made in each of the two to decide whether to match and how to structure.

So, he has a bit of time to drop and then offer valid re-matches.

I do think he has to execute any drops/trades before the matches if necessary to stay under cap, though.

Just my 2c, don't feel strongly.

-DR

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 517 mod

RFAs are not Birds Rights eligible @DVauthrin. Birds rights give you options for bidding during the actual auction not after the fact. DURING would be the key word. Combining both has never been done and shouldn't be allowed to.

"The team holding bird rights on a player may do the following during that player’s FA auction:

2. Match the previous bid during an auction. The manager needs to post “Match” in the auction thread, at which point he will be deemed to lead the auction at the previous legal bid. That manager may also restructure the contract at this time by including his preferred alternate contract (of equal value) in the “match” post."

@hichi should be allowed to correct the mistakes and make valid bids

@silentjim said:
    RFAs are not Birds Rights eligible @DVauthrin. Birds rights give you options for bidding during the actual auction not after the fact. DURING would be the key word. Combining both has never been done and shouldn't be allowed to.

"The team holding bird rights on a player may do the following during that player’s FA auction:

2. Match the previous bid during an auction. The manager needs to post “Match” in the auction thread, at which point he will be deemed to lead the auction at the previous legal bid. That manager may also restructure the contract at this time by including his preferred alternate contract (of equal value) in the “match” post."

@hichi should be allowed to correct the mistakes and make valid bids

RFA's have bird rights in the NBA. When the Rockets wanted to sign Bosh to go with Harden and Howard a couple seasons ago, their plan was to sign Bosh with their max cap space 1st, then exceed the cap to resign Parsons who was a RFA at the time and ended up signing in Dallas.

In the interest of time and we have about 6 more columns to go, Millsap and Batum's auctions will proceed while the rules committee resolves the RFA bird rights issue with Noel and Oladipo.

For cap purposes, rockchalk leads for both Noel and Oladipo while we figure out what hichi must do to match.

edited October 2016

I just started the league on yahoo. Please pick up your players on the site, I'm not going to do it for you.

• TheRobSaysTheRobSays Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 322

If I waive someone now can I re-bid when he hits the FA pool (as it is not an in-season waive)?

Nope, not until next off season.

@Cap said:
    Nope, not until next off season.

This is correct.

• TheRobSaysTheRobSays Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 322

@DaRuhl said:
    To refresh my memory, if I buyout a second round pick during the season, I can assume the future TO years are at 0 cost, correct (i.e. I just need to pay 75% of this years contract)?

thanks!

-DR

Yeah that's right. Those team option years are fully non-guaranteed. Taking a 2016 option does not imply that you're taking the 2017 option too.

I've just noticed that Salvador hasn't checked in since the 1st Jan. He has checked in to the roto league in the last few days tough.

Cap's bid on Corey Joseph is illegal, as it puts him over the cap. So Joseph is free to auction by anyone.

My bad, sorry guys.

:/ Why is it that whenever you come up with a great trade idea, it's enevitably with the guy that has gone awol or never checks his messages? Looking at you Salvador

• RocketDWMRocketDWM Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 189

Send me a great trade idea

I did. You just didn't appreciate the greatness.

Just so everyone is aware, I just realized I accidentally set yahoo's trade deadline to the earliest one allowed(yesterday, March 2) instead of the later options (9th, 16th) With this being a true dynasty league, and the fact there's still interest in discussing and making deals in the league as evidenced by this thread, I've changed the deadline in yahoo to next wednesday March 9.

I did not move it to March 16 because that is in the middle of the during the first playoff week and I don't feel like trades should be allowed in the playoffs.

Have to say, changing the trade deadline date 'just because' doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If I'm not mistaken we have had the standard deadline date every year, so don't really understand why we made this rule change mid-season, and after the fact. Now we have a major trade after what should have been the deadline which could very well affect the playoff results. IMO the trade deadline is set to the standard date for a reason, and it's generally to prevent last minute deals between a bottom feeder and a contender, like the trade that just passed. Nobody asked the rest of us if we wanted to extend the deadline, so not sure why that was done.

Our rules say the deadline is the latest date allowed by Yahoo. This is the first year that the latest date allowed has overlapped with the playoffs. So not making it that is common sense I think, and the only thing that's different than usual.

The deadline date wasn't changed mid stream. It's simply that nobody realised it was set wrong until DV caught it recently.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying that.

GL in the playoffs everyone.