Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online2

jasonuoft
jasonuoft
wesbaedke
wesbaedke
The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

Risers and Fallers of Week #24 (April 6th – April 12th)

silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 519 mod

Risers:

Danillo Gallinari is turning into a mini Stephen Curry (or bigger if we’re talking actual size). The injuries suck, but 29.3 points, 5.3 threes, 7.3 boards, 4 assists, .7 steals, and 1 block on 56%, 89%, and 1.3 TOs rank him just behind Curry for Week #24 as the second most valuable player. Makes you wonder where he’s been all season.

Kenneth Faried becomes the second Nugget on the Risers list and cracked the top 5 last week with his 24.3 points, 9 boards, .7 assists, 2 steals, .7 blocks, and 70% from the floor, 85% from the line, and 2 TOs. This is the line I think most were expecting more of after his summer performance, but it just seems to have taken more time than we thought. The blocks still don’t seem like they’ll ever really get high despite the athleticism, but if he can start scoring high and maintain a great FG% it won’t really matter especially since the steals are still there.

Khris Middleton was one of the better value guys for quite some time, but has been on a downward spiral for a while, but had a heck of a nice round last week. 18 points, 1.7 threes, 5 boards, 3.3 assists, 3.3 steals and zero blocks on 62% from the floor and 100% from the line and only 1.3 TOs per game. Those are the numbers that put Middleton on the list of the most found player on successful fantasy teams.

Honorable Mentions:
MCW: Top 15: 20.3 points, 2.3 boards, 6.7 assists, 2.7 steals and 61% from the floor.
Lavine: Top 25: 23.5 points, 2.3 threes, 6 boards, 6.3 assists and 54% and 85%. Much better than I ever thought possible even on a terrible team.
JJ Redick: First round value and 22.5 points, 3 threes, 1.5 steals, 57%, 88%, and zero TOs.

Fallers:

Tobias Harris has really struggled of late and it’s hard to say why. The Magic look like they should be better than they are, but I don’t watch them as close as maybe I should. 13 points, 5.3 boards, .7 steals and a 39% FG% are the highlights of his 3 game week. Not good when you’re getting 31+ minutes per game. Not cracking the top 175 with that.

Eric Bledsoe and the Suns really seemed to have miscalculated with their trade deadline moves. They’ve had 1 win in their last 11 games and that was against the Jazz. The West is rough don’t get me wrong, but they just seem to constantly be making moves and not getting much better. IE don’t bring in IT2 and then move him…. Anyways in 34.8 minutes per game Bledsoe averaged 15.5 points, .75 threes, 2.3 boards, 6.3 assists, .25 steals, and .25 blocks on 48%, 81% and 3 TOs per game. The Suns were 14 games over .500 last season and had an ORtg that was 4 points better with Dragic leading the way.

Hassan Whiteside is really a 4 cat player. Points, boards, blocks, and FG%. Everything else he either doesn’t contribute at all to (threes and assists) or his monstrously terrible (26% from the line…). If he can’t block close to 4 a game or score close to 20 then his value will peak out in the 75-125 range. He needs to add something to his game or he becomes a punt guy only.

Comments

• TheThrillTheThrill Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 267

Yea, Gallinari! o:) Great list. I'm also liking what Gortat, Clarkson and CJ Miles have been doing lately as well.

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 519 mod

@TheThrill said:
    Yea, Gallinari! o:) Great list. I'm also liking what Gortat, Clarkson and CJ Miles have been doing lately as well.

Yeah for studs and duds I tried to focus on early rounders and big name guys where for risers and fallers I tried to focus on the sleeper speculative picks. There were quite a few guys who did good this week hence the honorable mentions!