Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

Who's Online3

jb510
jb510
markpion
markpion
+1 Guest
The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

Studs and Duds of Week #19 (March 2nd - March 8th)

silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 517 mod

Studs:

When healthy Anthony Davis can probably be on the weekly studs list week in and week out. The number one overall fantasy player somehow manages to produce per game value that is almost unheard of. Even with missing 11 games so far this season AD still manages to rank second overall in cumulative stats (for reference KD is top 5 per game, but outside the top 50 cumulative) and somehow seems to be improving. 30.3 points, 12.3 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1.3 steals, 5.3 blocks, 2.0 TOs and .542 and .813 are almost godlike. A roto-monster to say the least and clear consensus number one in all formats.

Everyone has been saying “Westbrook is averaging a triple double. He’s unstoppable. He’s better than Durant!”. News flash Victor Oladipo’s Week #19 numbers trump even Westbrook’s triple double average. Efficiency being the huge differentiator. Oladipo averaged 30.7 points, 2.7 threes, 4.7 boards, 6.0 assists, 3.3 steals, zero blocks, 3.7 TOs and .554 and 1.000. Compared to his overall season value that’s an increase in value of 5000+%. If you’re looking at dynasty players or keepers I like players who put up that kind of value increase clearly.

Tony Parker slipped into mid first round value this past week and San Antonio has clearly played better because of it. There seemed to be some concern about injury vs mentally being ready to go, but scoring 25 points per game over three at a clip of .646 netted owners the best positive FG% of any player and that’s from the PG position. Add in 2 steals per game and only 1 TO and you’ve got a player who won’t give you typical PG stats, but that will help your team in the playoffs where typical we see the Spurs players starting to tail off as the season comes to a close.

Duds

Klay Thompson really struggled last week. He was done in all categories except assists were he averaged 3.5 vs his 3.0 on the season. When you shoot .367 over 4 games and shoot the rock 15 times per game, you might single handedly lose FG% for teams. It’s no coincidence that Klay’s drop off directly correlates to other GSW players starting to rise.

I don’t want to kick a guy when he’s down, but Tim Duncan who was having another nice season despite being insanely old has been slowly declining over the season with every other Spur going the other direction. The biggest indicator for me was the win over the Bulls where Duncan failed to make a FG for this first time in an eternity and yet the Spurs still won. Duncan producing borderline 15th-16th round value isn’t helping down the stretch.

Aldridge and Lillard (and even Wes Matthews). Matthews only got to play 1-ish of the three games Portland played last week and they did go 2-1, but the bad news is after Thompson and Duncan, Matthews, Aldridge, and Lillard had the largest drop of production compared to their overall season stats. Not something you typically like to see from players who are borderline first rounders. Aldridge managed to not have a single assist in three straight games which almost seems impossible and took 30 shots against the Clippers, but only scored 29 points. It was a win, but that’s not ideal scoring efficiency. Lillard’s shooting slumps have been ongoing but they were punctuated by that 1 for 13 game, even if the 18 boards seems impossible.

Comments

• JoshShep50JoshShep50 Moderator Posts: 75 mod

I am so glad i own Brow in a huge keeper league. He's a monster. There is no one like him in the game. It's scary to think he might not have maxed his potential out yet.

Oladipo has been so good, as you said. It will be interesting to see how he and Payton play together down the stretch. I'm certainly not mentioning them in the same sentence to suggest they're similar players. I am interested to see if Payton can improve his FG% during the stretch run. His rebounding skills for a guard, his AST:TO numbers are something to dream on a little bit, and I love the steals. Back to Oladipo, though, I'm glad he's too expensive to keep in my keeper league because I'll have some serious coin to spend on players next year.

Keep up the great work, @silentjim. Your posts are an enjoyable read.