Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

Who's Online1

baller7037
baller7037
The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

First NBA draft. Thoughts?

JuveJuve Member Posts: 26

This is my first basketball draft ive done. Thoughts? Any players i should look to trade? Any players i should maybe use for trade bait?
H2H. 11 teams. Blocks and rebounds score high. Shooting % is punted

John Wall
Wesley Matthews
Thad Young
Paul Millsap
Al Jefferson
Terrence Ross
JJ Hickson
Robin Lopez
Joe Johnson
G. Antekokounm
Jared Sullinger
JR Smith
Jrue Holiday
Tiago Splitter
D. Gallinari
Gorgui Dieng
Nate Robinson
Lou Williams

Comments

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 319

11 teams, H2H - do you guys take turns with a bye week or something?

• JuveJuve Member Posts: 26

Ya. We couldnt find a 12th. So instead of just dropping someone we worked with what we had

Any tips or actual thoughts on the roster? Lol

I think you can probably do better than Nate Robinson, Lou Williams, JR Smith and Tiago Splitter on your waiver wire.

Is it 8, 9 or more cats?

edited October 2014

9 cat. No Fg %. Blocks and reb score high
    Best names on waiver wire are Wroten, Mayo, M. Morris, Kendrick Perkins, Aaron Brooks and Jason Terry

I picked Amare up for Splitter. Thinking of maybe picking Mayo or Wroten up for Nate.

what is the 9th cat, if FG% isn't one of them? Wroten, Morris and Mayo are better than Nate and Smith IMO.

• PhilPartingtonPhilPartington Member Posts: 149

John Wall Wesley Matthews Thad Young Paul Millsap Al Jefferson Terrence Ross JJ Hickson Robin Lopez Joe Johnson G. Antekokounm Jared Sullinger JR Smith Jrue Holiday Tiago Splitter D. Gallinari Gorgui Dieng Nate Robinson Lou Williams

Yeah, @Phil_OPastry is right. You've got a pretty shallow roster, to be honest. J.R. Smith is capable of big fantasy numbers, but right now he hasn't really found his way into big minutes and it's not like you couldn't try picking him up later if/when he gets hot (he tends to be streaky). Splitter, Williams and Robinson have no business being on anyone's roster, and I pretty much mean for any league, even deep ones (deeper than yours). Who else is available on the wire?

Dieng is a stash and watch and see what Pekovic does and if he stays healthy.

edited October 2014

The waiver wire consists of Vince Carter, OJ Mayo, Dunleavy, Mike Miller, Ed Davis, Brandon Wright, Harkless, Perkins, Cody Zeller, Kirelinko, Humphries, Aaron brooks, Patrick Patterson, and Steve Blake. Just to name a few

Thanks for all the help so far though!
    @Phil_OPastry‌ @PhilPartington‌

I'd drop Splitter, Robinson and WIlliams and take fliers on Wroten, Mayo and Ed Davis.

Carter's old. He was decent in Dallas, but they've also got Tony Allen and it sounds like Quincy Pondexter won the starting job; Dunleavy's inconsistent and once Butler return it will effect what little production Dunleavy's had; Miller's on a loaded roster; Wright's good for blocks and not consistently; Zeller and Perkins? Psshhhh. Kirilenko's old, Humphries is hurt, Brooks, Patterson and Blake...none of those guys are even worth mentioning.

Thanks! I actually made some of those moves before reading yours so im glad we're on the same page @PhilPartington‌

@Juve Good luck! Hope it helped

• ShervASShervAS Member Posts: 1

Hey folks we just wrapped up our draft and I'm feeling light @ the 5 spot. What are your thoughts on Birdman Anderson down in Miami?

• PinotMoltisantiPinotMoltisanti Member Posts: 22

It's kind of hard to punt FG% when you're going for blocks and rebounds. I wouldn't advise it, as the players who do best in blocks and rebs tend to also be best in FG% (Al Jeff).