Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

Rank my roster: 10 team H2H 8cat snake league

knickstape995knickstape995 Member Posts: 8
edited October 2014 in Rank My Roster

Just drafted yesterday (with 10th pick...). PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G, F, 3 Util, 3 Bench Keep in mind I'm about to trade Wall and Monroe for Steph Curry and Tyreke Evans. Thoughts?

John Wall (10), Blake Griffin (11), Dwight Howard (30), Nicolas Batum (31), Derrick Rose (50), Gordon Hayward (51), Zach Randolph (70), Lance Stephenson (71), Greg Monroe (90), Elfrid Payton (91), DeMare Carroll (110), Ersan Ilyasova (111), Gorgui Dieng (130).

I already dropped Dieng for Asik because I don't think Dieng will see a ton of playing time assuming Pek is healthy.

Comments

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

Assuming and betting on Pek being and staying healthy is on par with betting that Derrick Rose won't miss a game this season and will return to MVP form. I like Dieng a lot this year. Asik, as it happens may be a better fit for your team though.

• bjamesgalibjamesgali Member Posts: 217

asik is safer, but even playing 20-25 minutes a game dieng is putting up border line double double (8pts,7reb) and a block.... and when pek rests its a bonus.. I think i'd rather gamble on dieng..

• knickstape995knickstape995 Member Posts: 8

Since I believe Bennett is the only natural PF on Minnesota right now, is it possible that Dieng or Pek could play the 4 at any time?

They've experimented with it during preseason, and they're going to have to when they play teams like Memphis and Detroit. Dieng will be the primary backup for both PF and C positions.

Ok thank you. I think Dieng has more upside than Asik. Other than the Dieng/Asik transaction, anything else my team absolutely needs?

Keep an eye on the bucks rotation and what kidd decides to do in the first few regular season games.... imo sova is expendable... he's been one of the biggest fantasy headaches for the past 2 seasons, and asik might be worth grabbing over him... If asiks minutes > sova, I'd take asik

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

@bjamesgali said:
    Keep an eye on the bucks rotation and what kidd decides to do in the first few regular season games.... imo sova is expendable... he's been one of the biggest fantasy headaches for the past 2 seasons, and asik might be worth grabbing over him... If asiks minutes > sova, I'd take asik

Personally I'd move Carroll over Ilyasova for head to head.

• snickaboomsnickaboom Member Posts: 77

that's so true. for 3 straight years, never tried to pick him(ersan). i love dieng's ceiling, love the time i pick him in latter part of season, but with healthy pek, i don't think dieng will have the minutes he deserve (with flip on the bench)
    as for asik, his main role will be the "frontroom" diry stuff. id take him for rebs blks fg.

get rid of ilya, you can safely pick bet. asik and dieng,
    and don't grab the trade for wall&monroe. IMO

Already processed the trade. Oh well. Hopefully it works out. Curry is one of my favorite players in the league so that might've done it.

As for Dieng and Asik, I'm not crazy about having 2 centers on the team without a PF flexibility and D12. I'll see how Ilyasova goes but I'm not too confident. My watch list is loaded up with STAT (I'm a hopeful Knick fan...), Aaron Gordon, Hickson, Henson (he probably won't see enough playing time though), and Jason Smith. We'll see what happens when the season starts.

• Raptors7Raptors7 Member Posts: 6

I wouldn't do that deal.
    Very good draft Howard, Batum, Monroe dropping that low is grand theft. I'd drop Ilyasova, he's a ball of frustration. Was Draymond Green drafted, if not grab him.