Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online4

jb510
jb510
lilstinkylynx
lilstinkylynx
Phil_OPastry
Phil_OPastry
+1 Guest
The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

KD Out 6-8 wks at least!

Fractured foot..
Looks as though he might slide 1 or 2 spots in draft though.

Jeremy Lamb prob gonna get more min.

Comments

• BigBossBigBoss Member Posts: 9

Anyone think Anthony Morrow will get big minutes?

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 347
  • RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

I would think Morrow or Jackson (maybe both) values will spike. Don't think Lamb is ready yet.

Am I panaking for thinking of trading Durant? I've been offered Carmelo from one person, and someone else offered me Kevin Love. Should I make the trade for either or hold tight?

edited October 2014

Andre Roberson is the guy I'll be targeting. He looks like a guy that will get way more run, probably moved to the 3, so Jackson can start beside Westbrook. Then will be playing the 2 upon KD's return much like Sefolosha did in order to provide some strong defense.

@BigBoss said:
    Am I panaking for thinking of trading Durant? I've been offered Carmelo from one person, and someone else offered me Kevin Love. Should I make the trade for either or hold tight?

It depends... is it a keeper, dynasty or annual redraft league?

edited October 2014

@Phil_OPastry said:
    It depends... is it a keeper, dynasty or annual redraft league?

Redraft league!

• Fenris_77Fenris_77 Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 215

I'm holding in HtH formats, and thinking hard about trades in roto. It would have to be pretty nice though.

• bjamesgalibjamesgali Member Posts: 217

@bigboss, try a counter by adding another later round player to that trade, say sullinger and melo for durant? Also, if your redraft was today, would you pick love or melo before durant? Or stick with durant? Because you have durant I imaginw your second pick is somewhere in the range of j.noah? You could use the talent to secure some early season wins.

I'd make it open that your getting offers and make it a bidding war within your league.

• deadshot11deadshot11 Member Posts: 19

This would certainly scare me if I owned him. I'd probably take both Carmelo or Love in return.

A foot fracture is not a good thing for a basketball player. It scares me more than any other type of fracture as a fantasy owner because there's a lot of weight and impact resting on that foot. NBA players are already running harder/faster/longer on frames that push the bounds of what the human body was made for. Every aspect of the game requires being able to push off your foot.

I'm seeing 6-8 week minimum time tables, and that doesn't take into account how long it takes him to get his game back at peak efficiency.

I have the 7th pick in an upcoming roto redraft, and I'm pretty sure I'm passing if he's available.

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

I'm seeing 6-8 week minimum time tables, and that doesn't take into account how long it takes him to get his game back at peak efficiency.

Bingo. I'm thinking around Xmas might be best case scenario.

• ggsggs Member, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 43

id be tempted to go KD after the top 4 are off the board in H2H.. that's just me though.. i could easily see him slipping to late 1st where pairing him with a early 2nd at the turn (big al, DMC, etc) could really pay dividends for a lucky owner.

• NumberCruncherNumberCruncher Member Posts: 80

@ggs said:
    id be tempted to go KD after the top 4 are off the board in H2H.. that's just me though.. i could easily see him slipping to late 1st where pairing him with a early 2nd at the turn (big al, DMC, etc) could really pay dividends for a lucky owner.

I grabbed him with my 6th pick in a H2H league recently but would've grabbed any of AD, LeBron, Paul, Harden or Curry if they were available. Maybe I should've let someone else deal with him and gone for Westbrook but I knew Durant wouldn't be there for my 2nd pick and didn't want to let someone pair KD with someone like Cousins.

It's a true gamble and will either make or break my team...I've never used a first round pick on such a gamble but it could end up winning me the league. It really all comes down to how long he ends up being out and whether or not he aggravates it down the road, causing him to miss even more time. Here's to Durant coming back early and strong!