Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

League rooms being private

Is there any reason why they are private? I know that I would always want to go through the drafts of competitive cafe leagues.

Comments

• MochaMocha Posts: 27 admin

Mostly because we don't want all of the discussions to flood the rest of the site… the platform works in a way where popular discussions rise up to the forefront and because leagues inherently have a lot of comments, it would artificially monopolize the site.

• DailyFantasyCafeDailyFantasyCafe Posts: 18 admin
    edited February 2015

Hey Grounded_Polo. My name is Sam and I'm running this site now. I wanted to revisit this as I'd like to facilitate as much interaction as possible and am not a big fan of Private league rooms unless absolutely necessary. Can you please advise what you were referencing so we make them public?

• silentjimsilentjim Posts: 517 mod

So right now @DailyFantasyCafe only members assigned to leagues can actually see their league discussions. So if I log out and check the cafe draft room category for example I don't see the Salary Cap League. When logged in I do.

Mocha didn't want league pages clogging up the recent discussions, but I think with your change to the home page broken down by categories this shouldn't be a problem. And just like @Grounded_Polo is saying I think having the leagues visible to all would make a better community.

• @silentjim - ok, great to know. I agree with you and @Grounded_Polo. Let's do it.