Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online1

Kiire
Kiire
The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2017 Rules, Discussion and Notices

2»

Comments

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,042

Also just added Milos Teodosic to the sheet.

• KiireKiire Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 180

Somehow I like to rethink about this adding players to the free agent list for next year. Earlier so-tex had a small issue with a player moving backwards. Even now I can drop a player, that might be interested for some to bid on. So when do we stop. In this case it is a player that was not dropped. What if some player in preseason makes a name for himself, will he be added as well? I am mainly looking for some borders of this. And I am aware that you can never sneak by a player because we have to auction him anyway.

• SoTexSoTex Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 198

I'm OK with adding players at the end of the auctions as long as they're deemed worthy to add.

One thing we could do is use the "Vote Up" feature on our posts to vote whether to add a player at the end of the auctions.

Take Teodosic for example...instead of adding him to the end of the auctions automatically, simply post his name for consideration to add at the end. Everyone who wants to add him clicks "Vote Up". Those who don't, or don't care, don't click at all. If a simple majority comes in and votes "Up", then he's added.

And make it a 12 hour or 24 hour time limit to vote. Pretty simple, and doesn't make any more work for anyone other than posting and keeping an eye on the time limit for voting "Up".

And the posts can be put in their own thread, so as to not confuse them for actual auctions...maybe something like "Players for Auction Consideration" or thereabouts.

Something to consider for the future...

Agree. And for the record, I am not against freewheeling these names. But I am wondering where we put the limit. Like I said what if a player suddenly plays great in preseason, do we just add him to the roster or not. And who decides the addition.
    I like your idea that as a league we can help decide if a player should be in the regular auction.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 553

I'm good with So-Tex's idea.

That said, if my memory serves, once the scheduled auctions finish, anyone can start their own auctions (even before the start of the season). Which will happen if someone breaks out in the preseason. And will likely happen if even a few people vote yes in SoTex's idea. So I'm not sure how much difference it makes...

-DR

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,042

I hear what you guys are saying but Lee and Teodosic should have been on the list from the start, that's why I put them there. Lee because I just screwed up and didn't see he was a free agent, and Teodosic slipped my mind until I saw he was auctioned in the roto version of the league.

There won't be anymore additions to the sheet like this, I can assure you.

Mistakes are made, but I rather see the player not to be added then to add them. Llike DaRuhl says the auction will start whenever someone starts an auction anyway. Or really be free like adding players to the auction roster whenever the league or a GM thinks that the player should be on the roster. There are a few more I think should be on there instead of some that were. but that remains my personal opinion.

• TheRobSaysTheRobSays Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 388

@DaRuhl said:
    I'm good with So-Tex's idea.

That said, if my memory serves, once the scheduled auctions finish, anyone can start their own auctions (even before the start of the season). Which will happen if someone breaks out in the preseason. And will likely happen if even a few people vote yes in SoTex's idea. So I'm not sure how much difference it makes...

-DR

This was what I expected anyways so whether they are posted on a list or not they will be on the board for auction. I can only suggest that we begin an auction within a certain time frame (say max 48 hours after the last player is put up) as these late matches have led to a much more drawn out processes than needed.

We are now through with the auction schedule, so you can start nominating players on your own.

• CapCap Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 894

Can everyone please pick up your players in Yahoo that you've already won so we don't end up nominating someone who's not available.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 553

Hi - when do we need to cut down to 16 players by? The rules say within 24 hours during the season, but don't say anything about the preseason. My memory is that we have until the season starts to cut down, but I'm not sure I'm right? Thanks!

You have until the first NBA game begins

You're welcome.

Yeah, on behalf of all of us I'd like to thank you and everyone else involved for all the time and effort you've put in to set up this league. Appreciate it! Have a good season guys, see you in the playoffs.

• salvadorsalvador Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 106

Yup, many thanks to those involved in the setup of the league on its nth year. How long have we been running? Anyway, Let us do our part guys and do below:

@Cap said:
    Can everyone please pick up your players in Yahoo that you've already won so we don't end up nominating someone who's not available.

Trades and drops also. Good luck have fun!

• rockchalkrockchalk Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 251

When is the deadline to be at 16 players max?

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,001

@rockchalk said:
    When is the deadline to be at 16 players max?

when games start.

• jb510jb510 Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 178

Tuesday October 17 8pm ET is tip off for the first game of season (Celtics@Cavs).

Assume Team Options are picked up and Partial Guarantees are fully guaranteed at tip-off of first game as well.

Looks like there are still a good few players with > 16 on roster. Hopefully they cut down in time so nobody needs to figure out what to do if they don't....

-DR

@DaRuhl said:
    Assume Team Options are picked up and Partial Guarantees are fully guaranteed at tip-off of first game as well.

Looks like there are still a good few players with > 16 on roster. Hopefully they cut down in time so nobody needs to figure out what to do if they don't....

-DR

Yes. Rookie options and team options are void once the Cavs/Celtics kicks off on Tuesday night.

Some teams need to pick up their free agent wins, maybe have a deadline ;)

edited October 16

@Kiire said:
    Some teams need to pick up their free agent wins, maybe have a deadline ;)

The teams that haven't claimed players don't have the roster space on Yahoo to do so (ie they have more than 16 players still). In season they have 24 hours to claim players they win.

I'd like to put a bid on Bobby Portis's fist...

...seems like that's the toughest thing Chicago has going for them... :p

Not sure if this is right or not, but I believe that any auctions that are still open as of now should have a 24 hour clock, correct?

&+#@(!!!!

First game of the year and I lose a key cog for the season, what luck! I guess I should apply for an injury exemption for Gordon Hayward ASAP. Let me know if/when I can gain some cap!

It's early, but it's being diagnosed as a broken ankle...I'm pretty sure you're getting the exemption my friend...and I feel for you brother! Just seeing the reactions from the players is hard enough.

Good luck to you going forward!

edited 1:15AM

@Cap said:
    &+#@(!!!!

First game of the year and I lose a key cog for the season, what luck! I guess I should apply for an injury exemption for Gordon Hayward ASAP. Let me know if/when I can gain some cap!

Your exemption is granted for Hayward, worth 1.78M.

@Cap said:
    Not sure if this is right or not, but I believe that any auctions that are still open as of now should have a 24 hour clock, correct?

Any active auctions as of cavs-celtics tipoff require 48 hours for leading bids as do any auctions moving forward.