Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2017 Check-In Thread

CapCap Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 755

Not sure who is taking charge here, but we need to start the offseason process ASAP if we want to finish our auctions before the start of the season. Everyone who is still interested in participating in this league please check in here, by the end of this week if possible.

Comments

• rockchalkrockchalk Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 187
  • DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 461
  • TheRobSaysTheRobSays Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 331

In for sure ...

• SoTexSoTex Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 175

Yes, I am in...

• neocacheneocache Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 16
  • DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 829

@Cap said:
    Not sure who is taking charge here, but we need to start the offseason process ASAP if we want to finish our auctions before the start of the season. Everyone who is still interested in participating in this league please check in here, by the end of this week if possible.

Thank you for starting the check in thread. Jim, dasein and I are still running the league. It's just been hectic between Hurricane Harvey in Houston and I'm driving back from a Labor Day Weekend vacation today.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 461

Didn't realize you're in Houston, hope everything's ok!!

• KiireKiire Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 106

Agree, hope you are ok with Harvey making a mess there.
    And yes I am in

• jb510jb510 Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 131

Hope things are ok and safe travels. Checking in.

• SoTexSoTex Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 175

@DVauthrin said:

@Cap said:

Thank you for starting the check in thread. Jim, dasein and I are still running the league. It's just been hectic between Hurricane Harvey in Houston and I'm driving back from a Labor Day Weekend vacation today.

I'm SO SORRY DV...I meant to check in with you because I KNOW you're from that area! Hope your house is ok...I've already seen several people I know (via facebook) from there, and even though they are already in cleaning phase, the flooding took quite a toll.

I'll try to keep in touch more often, just to see how things are going. :)

• nyacenyace Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 104
  • daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 963

I'll play, but as with last year not sure how much admin I'll be able to do.

• RocketDWMRocketDWM Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 214

Who we missing?

• DVauthrinDVauthrin Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 829

Nykos, hichi, salvador(don't expect him back) and silentjim. If anyone knows someone who would be interested in playing, feel free to ask them.

edited September 6

@SoTex said:

@DVauthrin said:

@Cap said:

I'm SO SORRY DV...I meant to check in with you because I KNOW you're from that area! Hope your house is ok...I've already seen several people I know (via facebook) from there, and even though they are already in cleaning phase, the flooding took quite a toll.

I'll try to keep in touch more often, just to see how things are going. :)

All things considered, we are doing much better than most of Houston. Though my house and my parents house are located in the reservoirs currently being discharged to relieve stress from Buffalo Bayou, neither flooded. We are staying at my parents for the time being because all major roads from our house to freeways are impassable with high water, and will be that way for a month or two, depending on how much more rain the city gets in that timeframe. My younger sister's house didn't flood, and my older sister who lives in the Woodlands only has minor water damage in her house and was able to go back to her house a few days after Harvey left Houston.

Despite many roads being impassable, my wife, daughter and I were able to drive out of Houston, enjoy our Labor Day weekend in Fort Walton Beach, and make it back. Just got home about an hour ago. It was a much needed vacation.

• salvadorsalvador Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 80
    edited September 9

In. I promise I'd be more active this year than last year

Hope all are well!

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 519 mod

@salvador said:
    In. I promise I'd be more active this year than last year

Hope all are well!

Thanks and no worries, glad to have you back.

Only waiting on hichi and nykos, now.

Any leads on replacements?

• nykosnykos Member, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 334
    edited September 10

Hello Folks, looks like I'm (little but not too) late....
    2 years in a row where I had little time.... :-/ but hey, if you need me, I'm in with pleasure, I'll try my best.

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 963

Does anyone know hichi personally? He's holding up two leagues at the moment?

I'm at the point that if someone in the league knows someone interested in playing that I think we allow them to take over hichi's team unless he responds first. I've reached out on slack, here, email and yahoo PM's this week with no response.

I also think we should go ahead and run the draft lottery, while working on resolving the hichi situation. We have a month and 7 days to complete the draft and auctions.

So, if anyone knows someone that would be interested in playing in the league, feel free to invite them.

Also, if my team is more appealing than hichi, willing to take on his and replacement can take mine. Anything I can do to help league get started.

Can we not start the draft lottery/rookie draft while we wait for hi hi/new owner? Worst case scenario is that we pause the rookie draft until hi chi/new owner joins.

Yes we can. Can somebody check the link in the rules and see when the next powerball will be drawn? That can be the lottery.

Sorry I haven't done much but I'm working during the day and am largely on my own with the kids in the evening. Just don't have much time for this.

@dasein said:
    Yes we can. Can somebody check the link in the rules and see when the next powerball will be drawn? That can be the lottery.

Sorry I haven't done much but I'm working during the day and am largely on my own with the kids in the evening. Just don't have much time for this.

No need to apologize. I appreciate you doing what you can to help run the league and as a parent too, I completely understand your time constraints.

Anyways, here's the link from the rules: https://www.ozlotteries.com/powerball/results. The next powerball will take place on Thursday, Sept 14.

Sweet, so the lottery is tomorrow. We'll get there everyone, don't worry.

I've developed the FA schedule for the league. It can be found on the salary spreadsheet.

What's the plan with @hichi ? Is he joining or are we replacing him?

Nobody has found a replacement yet(I posted an ad here, in dasein's roto version, and on realGM's fantasy basketball forums), so if hichi responds first, he'll have his team. But right now it's literally a whichever happens first situation. And everyone in the league should be trying to help find someone that would want to play.

Also on the table is having the rules committee make hichi's two draft picks, getting him to the minimum of 11 players, and as commissioner I'll simply set his lineup during the season(no add/drops). Then we would still search for his replacement all season.

I have someone interested in Hichi team.

He is experienced player bit not in salary cap (yet) but he wants to take over Hichi's team. Is there an rules document?

Sorry for the delay guys, discussing a trade offer....

I have alerted @nykos 3 times to draft.

calm down... you alerted me during sleep time & then I work a little bit...
    On top of that, I had Malik Monk on my radar, so I needed to find a back-up plan...
    it's done now

Wasn't knocking you, just letting the league know that I had reached out to inform you. No worries.

no worries :-)