Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2017 - 2018 Draft Discussion

2»

Comments

  • Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

    I was going to go for Winslow in a hope and pray type pick

  • baller7037baller7037 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 59
    edited September 20

    per lilstinky i am listing the top 6 teams so far given we are only at the end of the 6th round of our draft.

    1st: Bricks or Dasein will be between both these teams
    2nd Bricks or Dasein
    3rd: PhiloPastry
    4th: Jasonoft
    5th: Baller
    6th: Lilstinky

    this is if no major injuries to any of the top players for the team

  • DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 563

    Baller: hmmm... interesting. Would you care to place a wager on me making top 6 teams?

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @DaRuhl said:
    Baller: hmmm... interesting. Would you care to place a wager on me making top 6 teams?

    He is one interesting guy. I would be real happy if I made top 6 but have me no where in the conversation. Easily, @DaRuhl @Tek and @wesbaedke should be in the convo for that spot and @baller7037 as well for that matter. LOL

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @DaRuhl I'm actually more interested to see where you think you stand and then see if we can set up a wager...

  • DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 563

    Hahahaha... you got me last year - I wanted to bet top 6 - and you countered top 5. I took it... and finished 6th. TBH though last season I had some family health stuff (resolved positively, fortunately) that resulted in me being MIA for most of the year. I didn't make any add/drops until mid-March - not a winning formula!

    This year I've learned my lesson and won't bet more than me being top 6.

    But my best guess is 3rd-5th. Depends though.

    -DR

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @DaRuhl said:
    Hahahaha... you got me last year - I wanted to bet top 6 - and you countered top 5. I took it... and finished 6th. TBH though last season I had some family health stuff (resolved positively, fortunately) that resulted in me being MIA for most of the year. I didn't make any add/drops until mid-March - not a winning formula!

    This year I've learned my lesson and won't bet more than me being top 6.

    But my best guess is 3rd-5th. Depends though.

    -DR

    Glad to hear that family health stuff resolved on the positive end.

    @lilstinkylynx said:
    Draft thread is fully updated up until this point. I took the top keeper listed for the 5th spot. If any changes are made before the due date, I will update accordingly. Please go ahead and start your draft preps and lets move this thing along when it is time.

    General Thoughts on Teams as they are listed so far:

    Top Of The Class Keeper Core (Ranked IMO from Top to Bottom)

    1. @bricks
    2. @dasein

    Contenders (Close but missing a piece or two or too many unknowns)

    1. @Tek
    2. @DaRuhl
    3. @jasonuoft

    Dark Horses (Could swing based on Draft)

    1. @Phil_OPastry
    2. @wesbaedke
    3. @ddomrow

    Still Got Some HOLES to fill (All these teams are on equal footing for me but I don't see them competing this season)

    @lilstinkylynx @tonym @naveen @baller7037

    Just my personal thoughts. Care to agree or disagree. I'd love to hear it. And yes... I've fallen @baller7037

    I had wrote up tiers in regards to keepers and I still feel it stands in regards to final standings even after the draft. @Phil_OPastry probably jumped into that contender group because of his value gained with all those early picks but I had you between 3-5 as well.

    Now... If I can crack the top 6... I think that be a huge accomplishment.

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @DaRuhl NOw if you want to go out on a limb and say you'll be top 3... then I would love to place a wager on that. I like people who are willing to go out on a limb and I am willing to reward them if they follow through. That goes for @jasonuoft and @Tek and @Phil_OPastry if you guys want to step up and claim that top 3 finish.

  • DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 563

    Thanks man, much appreciated!

    No dice on the top 3 though. Similar to your analysis, I show bricks and dasein way ahead of everyone else - order unclear there. Then there's a big group of around 3-7 teams (or possibly two groups of 3-4 each) that I think I'm in and towards the upper half. And then in my mind a bottom 3-4.

    I think you're at least 50-50 to make top 6!

    -DR

  • jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125
    edited September 20

    3.1 TekOpp - James Johnson -- one of the 5 guys that got 1/1/1 last season, great value here if he can repeat. Winslow and others are healthy this year. Probably production dips slightly but still beats this draft position
    3.2 Naveen - Dwight Howard -- I think naveen is more used to H2H hence this pick. Even a perfectly executed punting draft is hard to win it all. @lilstinkylynx came really close last yr tho..
    3.3 Baller7037 - Willie Cauley-Stein -- should continue to improve but ceiling is not high, due to low blocks.
    3.4 Wesbaedke - George Hill -- he provided fantastic sleeper value for a few years straight. Unfortunately he is seen as roadblock for hyped rookie Fox. Should still produce as long as on the floor.
    3.5 TekOpp [Acquired Via Trade] - Trevor Ariza -- perennially underrated due to poor FG%, but low volume. Should be another beneciary of the first ever backcourt in history to each average 7+ assists.
    3.6 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Trade] - Tim Hardaway Jr. -- everyone knows he got the most aweful contract ever. But I see it as a positive for his fantasy value. Lost in the shuffle is also his nice average of 47%/83%/2.1/18/4/3/1 post break. I bet improvement across the board this year.
    3.7 DaRuhl - Malcolm Brogdon -- boring, mature, steady. Hard to find a rookie boring and steady like him. Great value for roto. Did I say boring?
    3.8 Phil O'Pastry - Nikola Mirotic -- so much potential that makes us all drool, will he ever show up? Will Markanen make him expendable? Big reason why Bulls haven't signed him is because Bulls' big cap space itself is a big trade asset for them.
    3.9 Bricks - Willy Hernangomez -- Sure free Willy, but until he can get some blocks or steals or 3s, fantasy ceiling not elite. But he gives bricks what his team needs. Damn it
    3.10 Jasonuoft - Jonas Valanciunas -- feel so bad for him. He actually plays with a lot of heart, which shows in playoff. He would have become a monster already if we were in the NBA 10 years ago. I need some boards at this point, so his 9 boards in only 24mins help.
    3.11 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Wager] - Josh Richardson -- @lilstinkylynx if u really love him that much you would not have been so cheap to wait till 4th round. :p He is a difference maker on both ends of the floor , both in real life and fantas. Can he become 1.5/1.5/1.5? Probably not this year but it gives me a boner to have him on my team. Just to rival @lilstinkylynx 's man crush lol
    3.12 Dasein - Thaddeus Young -- injury last year hurt his stats, should get back to the Thad Young we come to know with elite FG% and steals with low TOs. Great fit for dasein. Damn.

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461
    edited September 20

    @jasonuoft said:
    3.1 TekOpp - James Johnson -- one of the 5 guys that got 1/1/1 last season, great value here if he can repeat. Winslow and others are healthy this year. Probably production dips slightly but still beats this draft position
    3.2 Naveen - Dwight Howard -- I think naveen is more used to H2H hence this pick. Even a perfectly executed punting draft is hard to win it all. @lilstinkylynx came really close last yr tho..
    3.3 Baller7037 - Willie Cauley-Stein -- should continue to improve but ceiling is not high, due to low blocks.
    3.4 Wesbaedke - George Hill -- he provided fantastic sleeper value for a few years straight. Unfortunately he is seen as roadblock for hyped rookie Fox. Should still produce as long as on the floor.
    3.5 TekOpp [Acquired Via Trade] - Trevor Ariza -- perennially underrated due to poor FG%, but low volume. Should be another beneciary of the first ever backcourt in history to each average 7+ assists.
    3.6 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Trade] - Tim Hardaway Jr. -- everyone knows he got the most aweful contract ever. But I see it as a positive for his fantasy value. Lost in the shuffle is also his nice average of 47%/83%/2.1/18/4/3/1. I bet improvement across the board this year.
    3.7 DaRuhl - Malcolm Brogdon -- boring, mature, steady. Hard to find a rookie boring and steady like him. Great value for roto. Did I say boring?
    3.8 Phil O'Pastry - Nikola Mirotic -- so much potential that makes us all drool, will he ever show up? Will Markanen make him expendable? Big reason why Bulls haven't signed him is because Bulls' big cap space is a big trade asset.
    3.9 Bricks - Willy Hernangomez -- Sure free Willy, but until he can get some blocks or steals or 3s, fantasy ceiling not elite. But he gives bricks what his team needs. Damn it
    3.10 Jasonuoft - Jonas Valanciunas -- feel so bad for him. He actually plays with a lot of heart, which shows in playoff. He would have become a monster already if we were in the NBA 10 years ago. I need some boards at this point, so his 9 boards in only 24mins help.
    3.11 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Wager] - Josh Richardson -- @lilstinkylynx if u really love him that much you would not have been so cheap to wait till 4th round. :p He is a difference maker on both ends of the floor , both in real life and fantas. Can he become 1.5/1.5/1.5? Probably not this year but it gives me a boner to have him on my team. Just to rival @lilstinkylynx 's man crush lol
    3.12 Dasein - Thaddeus Young -- injury last year hurt his stats, should get back to the Thad Young we come to know with elite FG% and steals with low TOs. Great fit for dasein. Damn.

    In my defense... I had no 3rd round picks and couldn't waste a 2nd on Josh because that Miami team is so deep... 4th Round seem like great value and that was what I thought for sure would happen.

  • jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125

    ah I see, ok ur reasoning is accepted, u can still love him

  • jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125

    I can wager myself top 4 finish if anyone interested.

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @jasonuoft said:
    I can wager myself top 4 finish if anyone interested.

    I'd be a tad disappointed if you didn't finish top 4

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    Btw... does no one want to claim that 3rd spot. Common gentleman... go out on a limb.

    @bricks and @dasein any of you care to declare yourself top dog?

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @DaRuhl said:
    Thanks man, much appreciated!

    No dice on the top 3 though. Similar to your analysis, I show bricks and dasein way ahead of everyone else - order unclear there. Then there's a big group of around 3-7 teams (or possibly two groups of 3-4 each) that I think I'm in and towards the upper half. And then in my mind a bottom 3-4.

    I think you're at least 50-50 to make top 6!

    -DR

    Well... to make it interesting for myself since I have myself under 50% chance of making top 6. I'll wager that I will finish in the top 6. A 5th round for 10th round swap. Will wager against the first taker.

  • daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,006

    @lilstinkylynx said:
    Btw... does no one want to claim that 3rd spot. Common gentleman... go out on a limb.

    @bricks and @dasein any of you care to declare yourself top dog?

    Not really. It's likely gonna come down to health. Boring, but thats the reality.

  • bricksbricks Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Heroes Keeper League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 127

    @dasein said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:
    Btw... does no one want to claim that 3rd spot. Common gentleman... go out on a limb.

    @bricks and @dasein any of you care to declare yourself top dog?

    Not really. It's likely gonna come down to health. Boring, but thats the reality.

    @dasein how about the chance to swap 3rd picks for the winner, if you still have a 3rd pick next year? should likely be only a one spot move as it could be a close race

  • jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125

    @Phil_OPastry do you want to do the same wager? 3rd pick swap. Winner gets the higher pick in the 3rd round between you and me. You and me looking likely to finish the season in same neighbourhood.

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @jasonuoft said:
    @Phil_OPastry do you want to do the same wager? 3rd pick swap. Winner gets the higher pick in the 3rd round between you and me. You and me looking likely to finish the season in same neighbourhood.

    Common guys... at least a 3rd for 4th wager to keep it intreresting and force you guys to stay even more active and fight for something.

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @bricks said:

    @dasein said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:
    Btw... does no one want to claim that 3rd spot. Common gentleman... go out on a limb.

    @bricks and @dasein any of you care to declare yourself top dog?

    Not really. It's likely gonna come down to health. Boring, but thats the reality.

    @dasein how about the chance to swap 3rd picks for the winner, if you still have a 3rd pick next year? should likely be only a one spot move as it could be a close race

    Health is for every team. But I just thought with how stacked both your teams have become it be interesting to see who would be confident enough with their draft to go out on a limb.

    A one pick swap is almost pointless. Lol

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @DaRuhl said:
    Thanks man, much appreciated!

    No dice on the top 3 though. Similar to your analysis, I show bricks and dasein way ahead of everyone else - order unclear there. Then there's a big group of around 3-7 teams (or possibly two groups of 3-4 each) that I think I'm in and towards the upper half. And then in my mind a bottom 3-4.

    I think you're at least 50-50 to make top 6!

    -DR

    Well... to make it interesting for myself since I have myself under 50% chance of making top 6. I'll wager that I will finish in the top 6. A 5th round for 10th round swap. Will wager against the first taker.

    Just waiting on you @DaRuhl to accept. Lol. Figured I stepped up last season so giving you a chance this season. Especially since I'm only 50/50 in your eyes and in my own eyes I'm less than 50/50 ... it really gives me something to play for. Lol.

  • jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125
    edited September 20

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @jasonuoft said:
    @Phil_OPastry do you want to do the same wager? 3rd pick swap. Winner gets the higher pick in the 3rd round between you and me. You and me looking likely to finish the season in same neighbourhood.

    Common guys... at least a 3rd for 4th wager to keep it intreresting and force you guys to stay even more active and fight for something.

    I can do 3rd for 4th if @Phil_OPastry is up for it. Or 4th for 5th

  • Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

    @jasonuoft said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @jasonuoft said:
    @Phil_OPastry do you want to do the same wager? 3rd pick swap. Winner gets the higher pick in the 3rd round between you and me. You and me looking likely to finish the season in same neighbourhood.

    Common guys... at least a 3rd for 4th wager to keep it intreresting and force you guys to stay even more active and fight for something.

    I can do 3rd for 4th if @Phil_OPastry is up for it. Or 4th for 5th

    Damn... this would mean I'd have to be as active as @lilstinkylynx and wouldn't be able to tank when all seemed lost. Hmm.

    Let's see how many of my targets you grab with your last few picks and then talk.

  • jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125

    @Phil_OPastry said:

    @jasonuoft said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @jasonuoft said:
    @Phil_OPastry do you want to do the same wager? 3rd pick swap. Winner gets the higher pick in the 3rd round between you and me. You and me looking likely to finish the season in same neighbourhood.

    Common guys... at least a 3rd for 4th wager to keep it intreresting and force you guys to stay even more active and fight for something.

    I can do 3rd for 4th if @Phil_OPastry is up for it. Or 4th for 5th

    Damn... this would mean I'd have to be as active as @lilstinkylynx and wouldn't be able to tank when all seemed lost. Hmm.

    Let's see how many of my targets you grab with your last few picks and then talk.

    Lol u only have ur last pick after mine, don't think that one pick will make a difference. But sure, we can talk then

  • daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,006

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @bricks said:

    @dasein said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:
    Btw... does no one want to claim that 3rd spot. Common gentleman... go out on a limb.

    @bricks and @dasein any of you care to declare yourself top dog?

    Not really. It's likely gonna come down to health. Boring, but thats the reality.

    @dasein how about the chance to swap 3rd picks for the winner, if you still have a 3rd pick next year? should likely be only a one spot move as it could be a close race

    Health is for every team. But I just thought with how stacked both your teams have become it be interesting to see who would be confident enough with their draft to go out on a limb.

    A one pick swap is almost pointless. Lol

    That wouldn't be confidence. That would be hubris.

    And pick swaps is not any more motivating then winning. Not for me anyway. If I do have some injuries I'd rather not double down on the bad luck.

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @dasein said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @bricks said:

    @dasein said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:
    Btw... does no one want to claim that 3rd spot. Common gentleman... go out on a limb.

    @bricks and @dasein any of you care to declare yourself top dog?

    Not really. It's likely gonna come down to health. Boring, but thats the reality.

    @dasein how about the chance to swap 3rd picks for the winner, if you still have a 3rd pick next year? should likely be only a one spot move as it could be a close race

    Health is for every team. But I just thought with how stacked both your teams have become it be interesting to see who would be confident enough with their draft to go out on a limb.

    A one pick swap is almost pointless. Lol

    That wouldn't be confidence. That would be hubris.

    And pick swaps is not any more motivating then winning. Not for me anyway. If I do have some injuries I'd rather not double down on the bad luck.

    Haha... I definitely got to much hubris...

  • DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 563

    sorry man, not gonna bet you on top 6... I don't have a clear view there.

    a touch surprised Nance lasted this long tbh...

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @DaRuhl said:
    sorry man, not gonna bet you on top 6... I don't have a clear view there.

    a touch surprised Nance lasted this long tbh...

    Well, figured since you said I was only 50/50 to make it... I went out on a limb for the heck of it. Lol.

    Nance just needs minutes. Not sure he gets any more than last season considering he got way more run towards the end and I'm not sure that continues.

  • wesbaedkewesbaedke Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 140

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @DaRuhl said:
    sorry man, not gonna bet you on top 6... I don't have a clear view there.

    a touch surprised Nance lasted this long tbh...

    Well, figured since you said I was only 50/50 to make it... I went out on a limb for the heck of it. Lol.

    Nance just needs minutes. Not sure he gets any more than last season considering he got way more run towards the end and I'm not sure that continues.

    Was debating between Nance and Green, decided to go with Green due to the clearer path for playing time with ZBo gone. No question Nance has better talent.

    Now just need Green to get signed. :-/

  • Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

    I was considering Nance a while back - I was just too concerned with the minutes, specifically the lack thereof.

  • baller7037baller7037 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 59

    @DaRuhl said:
    Baller: hmmm... interesting. Would you care to place a wager on me making top 6 teams?

    I will pass, i think you and lilstinky will be close on 6th place, lol. lets see how the season plays out.

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @naveen We are coming close to filling out our rosters and since you and I had a mini draft to set ourselves on equal footing I was wondering if you wanted to spice up our fantasy season with a wager. I think our teams are pretty even especially with the injury to Thomas and the likelihood he plays half a season or not at all. I'm game of you have anything in mind.

  • jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125

    @bricks u know, despite having the far and away best keeper core which makes us all super jealous, we could really try to hate you less IF u don't freaking use up ur 24hr every single time, ok? That's not what the 24hr is meant for!
    Just kidding bro, we are a bunch of friendly folks here. Take ur time :*

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    5th Round Thoughts

    5.1 Lilstinkylynx [Acquired Via Trade] - Marcus Smart

    So after my two man crushes got swiped from me... I fell for a guy who I had a love hate relationship with last season and ended up trading away. Smart does many things well except shoot. If he could ever just up that efficiency in that department a bit we would see quite a leap in fantasy rankings. I'm betting for that to happen this season and even if he doesn't his value should fall right around this ballpark. He is positioned well in real life to get quality time and has a definite defined role that only gotten better with the departures and acquisitions this off season. But damn do I wish I had Ingles or Richardson and didn't need to take Smart.

    5.2 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Trade] - Patrick Beverley

    I love Beverley this season and we just have to hope that his starting partner isn't Rivers. I don't see Rivers as a particularly good fit but I'm not the coach and definitely I'm not the dad who wants to shove his son down everyone's throat. LOL. Solid pick with room to grow still and playing on this Clippers team should give us a good idea of where his Top Value really is or if he has peaked already.

    5.3 Lilstinkylynx [Acquired Via Trade] - John Collins

    So... the plan was to take Dedmon first and get that nice quality first half run from him and hoping that it would last post all star break. If Dedmon does happen to fall off in the second half, this is when I expect Collins to shine. I'm not battling for first anymore so planning a draft to stay competitive while also planning for the future was the focus this season. I would never touch a rookie this early normally and that tells you how far off the top I have fallen. With that said... Collins has a fantasy friendly game and if the Hawks no what is good for them, they will unleash him early rather than later.

    5.4 Lilstinkylynx [Acquired Via Trade] - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

    Mr. Every fantasy team wanted a piece of him last season only to be disappointed. Drafted him more for positional need and upside. Didn't have a back SF yet and didn't want to take two rookies back to back. Rondae did show some flashes playing at the 4 and all the buzz is that he will start there. Obviously Brooklyn wants to see if they have something here in this kid so I'm guessing he gets good run. Plus... he is one of their best defenders. Negative... can't shoot for ish...
    Damn... drafting horrible shooters left and right. Sigh

    5.5 Tonym - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

    Man did he get paid. And man did he land in a great spot to do well and get paid again. I'm not sure how I feel about Pope since I feel about him how I felt about Porter last season and then look at what happened.

    "2.12 Baller7037 - Otto Porter

    I know people seem to love Otto and his opportunity but tbh, this is a meh pick for me. I'm betting against any real growth and any chance he ends up a keeper. Felt other guys should have been drafted ahead of him but I'd like to say I think @baller7037 has made some great picks this season. Baller just really needs to hopefully consolidate his assets, build a team strategy (team for that matter... 10 PGs!!!), and try to compete for once. Being bottom of the barrel season in and season out must be taxing."

    5.6 Ddomrow - Reggie Jackson

    Bounce back season in the works? It all depends on health but at this late in the draft and filling up the final spot of your 10 man starting roster to gain a guy who can drop 8+ dimes seems like a no brainer. Risk and reward!!!

    5.7 DaRuhl - Dirk Nowitzki

    Ahhhh... say good bye to Dirk after this season. It will be sad but like my Fave player of all time Kobe... sometimes you really need to know when to say goodbye. PLenty of games will be missed due to rest and injury. Since athleticism was never his thing... Dirks game can still be helpful and should be helpful when he plays, but this roster is changing and his slow butt just doesn't belong anymore but the team will do right on him and let him shine one last time. Not loving the pick but can't hate on it either.

    5.8 Phil O'Pastry - Bogdan Bogdanovic

    Mr. Upside (I'm talking about you @Phil_OPastry and not Bogdan). Your eye for talent is superb. I think that is enough for Bogdan. Oh... he plays on Sacramento... they are trash so if you are semi decent... you will shine. BTW... Bogdan and Mirotic... if they both play like they should... you be making bank on those picks and would vault immensely to competing with Super Teams @dasein and @bricks

    5.9 Bricks - Michael Kidd Gilchrist

    Another good pick... boring pick but good. MKG does all the fantasy friendly things you want especially when your team is filled with stars. He is that glue guy that brings your team together and rounds it out. Lowers your TO a grip while not hurting you anywhere. Bricks already has a massive plus in points so adding MKG is pure genius. Damn you!!!

    5.10 Tonym [Acquired Via Trade] - Terrence Ross

    Ahhhh... kid was on fire toward the end. 2 3's and 1.4 steals this late is pure yumminess. Small sample size though so not sure if he keeps it up considering he has always had consistency issues.

    5.11 Naveen [Acquired Via Trade] - Dwayne Wade

    Buy-out is a preordained thing. Still can be impactful but where does he land and how much does he play. On a contender I can see him resting a lot and he isn't going to a team who isn't a contender.

    5.12 Dasein - Pau Gasol

    Repeat of last season. Not much else to write. Slow and steady is all @dasein needs to repeat and all of his picks so far have been of that variety.

  • daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,006

    None of my fantasy teams wanted RHJ last year. ;)

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @dasein said:
    None of my fantasy teams wanted RHJ last year. ;)

    Probably why you won. :D

  • bricksbricks Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Heroes Keeper League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 127

    @lilstinkylynx you are right, it seems boring is the theme of my picks this year, none of them have the sexiness and flash in them hehehe. just the usual work work work and get the numbers

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @bricks said:
    @lilstinkylynx you are right, it seems boring is the theme of my picks this year, none of them have the sexiness and flash in them hehehe. just the usual work work work and get the numbers

    I mean... it makes sense... all you and @dasein need are solid production because the value of your keepers is so massively ahead of everyone else. It will be interesting to see which of you come out on top.

    It will be more interesting to see if any shoot for the moon picks by @jasonuoft, @Tek, @DaRuhl or @Phil_OPastry vault them into contention.

    Standing wise... 1-2 are pretty set

    The four teams mentioned above should round out the top 6

    @wesbaedke @baller7037 @lilstinkylynx round out 7-9 I think but I can easily fall into the bottom 3.

  • Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368
  • jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125

    Nice! And your next pick is ..... >:) >:)

  • Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

    @jasonuoft said:

    Nice! And your next pick is ..... >:) >:)

    Sorry for the delay. Rolled the dice with Dunn. Not sure what to expect outside of elite steals - at this point in the draft I kinda draft players that I'll drop for something shinier in preseason.

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    Hey guys. On vacation now. I'll try to update the draft thread when I can but if anyone feels like helping out... please do. Lol

  • jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125
    edited October 3

    @Phil_OPastry said:

    @jasonuoft said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @jasonuoft said:
    @Phil_OPastry do you want to do the same wager? 3rd pick swap. Winner gets the higher pick in the 3rd round between you and me. You and me looking likely to finish the season in same neighbourhood.

    Common guys... at least a 3rd for 4th wager to keep it intreresting and force you guys to stay even more active and fight for something.

    I can do 3rd for 4th if @Phil_OPastry is up for it. Or 4th for 5th

    Damn... this would mean I'd have to be as active as @lilstinkylynx and wouldn't be able to tank when all seemed lost. Hmm.

    Let's see how many of my targets you grab with your last few picks and then talk.

    Hey @Phil_OPastry , ready to proceed with our head to head wager? I even traded away my second round pick, my team was weakened slightly.

  • Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

    @jasonuoft said:

    @Phil_OPastry said:

    @jasonuoft said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @jasonuoft said:
    @Phil_OPastry do you want to do the same wager? 3rd pick swap. Winner gets the higher pick in the 3rd round between you and me. You and me looking likely to finish the season in same neighbourhood.

    Common guys... at least a 3rd for 4th wager to keep it intreresting and force you guys to stay even more active and fight for something.

    I can do 3rd for 4th if @Phil_OPastry is up for it. Or 4th for 5th

    Damn... this would mean I'd have to be as active as @lilstinkylynx and wouldn't be able to tank when all seemed lost. Hmm.

    Let's see how many of my targets you grab with your last few picks and then talk.

    Hey @Phil_OPastry , ready to proceed with our head to head wager? I even traded away my second round pick, my team was weakened slightly.

    What do you have in mind?

  • jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125

    @Phil_OPastry said:

    @jasonuoft said:

    @Phil_OPastry said:

    @jasonuoft said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @jasonuoft said:
    @Phil_OPastry do you want to do the same wager? 3rd pick swap. Winner gets the higher pick in the 3rd round between you and me. You and me looking likely to finish the season in same neighbourhood.

    Common guys... at least a 3rd for 4th wager to keep it intreresting and force you guys to stay even more active and fight for something.

    I can do 3rd for 4th if @Phil_OPastry is up for it. Or 4th for 5th

    Damn... this would mean I'd have to be as active as @lilstinkylynx and wouldn't be able to tank when all seemed lost. Hmm.

    Let's see how many of my targets you grab with your last few picks and then talk.

    Hey @Phil_OPastry , ready to proceed with our head to head wager? I even traded away my second round pick, my team was weakened slightly.

    What do you have in mind?

    3rd and 4th swap, or 4th and 5th swap, better pick goes to the team that has better season standing. Just a small bet to spice it up.

  • lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

    @jasonuoft said:

    @Phil_OPastry said:

    @jasonuoft said:

    @Phil_OPastry said:

    @jasonuoft said:

    @lilstinkylynx said:

    @jasonuoft said:
    @Phil_OPastry do you want to do the same wager? 3rd pick swap. Winner gets the higher pick in the 3rd round between you and me. You and me looking likely to finish the season in same neighbourhood.

    Common guys... at least a 3rd for 4th wager to keep it intreresting and force you guys to stay even more active and fight for something.

    I can do 3rd for 4th if @Phil_OPastry is up for it. Or 4th for 5th

    Damn... this would mean I'd have to be as active as @lilstinkylynx and wouldn't be able to tank when all seemed lost. Hmm.

    Let's see how many of my targets you grab with your last few picks and then talk.

    Hey @Phil_OPastry , ready to proceed with our head to head wager? I even traded away my second round pick, my team was weakened slightly.

    What do you have in mind?

    3rd and 4th swap, or 4th and 5th swap, better pick goes to the team that has better season standing. Just a small bet to spice it up.

    Make it official already gentleman. Season is about to start soon. I’m open to more wagers as well if any one wants to throw out some ideas.

Sign In or Register to comment.