Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online3

jasonuoft
jasonuoft
Kiire
Kiire
TheRobSays
TheRobSays
The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2017 - 2018 Draft Discussion

lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 452

Please post draft discussion here.

Comments

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 356
    edited September 5
  • DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 481

Guys, I'll be travelling a fair bit over the next 48 hours so unlikely to be able to make my pick before tomorrow evening (if it comes up before then, which is iffy)...

Sorry in advance!

-DR

• TekTek Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 77

Message your pick and backup picks to Stinky or Wes

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 481

Turns out it will just be a day trip tomorrow, so no worries!

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 973

Pretty happy Jrue was there for me.

• lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 452

@dasein said:

I'm not particularly happy.

• jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 120
    edited September 6

@lilstinkylynx said:

@dasein said:

I'm not particularly happy.

I was torn between Jrue and Schroder. For sure Jrue is more efficient. Not sure how Rondo will affect Jrue. It's unfortunate Thibs is set on starting the washed up Rondo, and moving Jrue to the 2. Also noticed Jrue didn't shoot as well after Boogie joined the team.
    But it's for sure a value pick this late.

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 973

Don't think what Thibs wants will have much to do with it :D

Not too worried about Rondo. He probably wont play that many minutes due to being injured/sucking/grumping his way off the team.

@dasein said:
    Don't think what Thibs wants will have much to do with it :D

Not too worried about Rondo. He probably wont play that many minutes due to being injured/sucking/grumping his way off the team.

Lol wrong coach sorry, I better go study up lol.
    I would have grabbed Jrue if he falls to me 2 picks after you.

I liked both Jrue and Schroeder. My team wouldn't be able to handle the T/Os from Schroeder and I don't know how Jrue will fare as a SG. Rondo, despite his deficiencies can pass so that might bode well.

How long is the clock between picks??

@Phil_OPastry said:
    How long is the clock between picks??

24 hours. Again managers are encouraged not to use the entire time and to plan accordingly. If you are busy and may be out of pocket, feel free to message myself or @wesbaedke your list rankings of a few players and we stay active enough to make the pick for you and keep our draft going. At the rate we are going we should finish in time but the sooner we finish the more time it would give me nd @wesbaedke to enter rosters.

Did my write up disappear?

It would seem that way. Weird.

I voted it up and everything.

@Phil_OPastry said:
    I voted it up and everything.

Thanks. Not sure but site has been a bit fritzy. Oh well. I'll do another round in the future. Whoever did get a chance to read it, hope it was enjoyable. Basically I said @baller7037 be messing up constantly but has a few good moments in a while. LOL

First round (my thoughts):

Lonzo Ball - Strong choice, Top 100 rookie year (maybe top 50?) with big upside.
    Markelle Fultz - Logical pick, but I'm not that sold on him. I'm probably wrong though.
    Nicolas Batum - Don't like this one - think there are better established players and good upside players.
    Nikola Vucevic - No upside, but among the top of the value players list. Should be solid.
    Robert Covington - Good established value with some upside. Like this pick.
    Jayson Tatum - Maybe, not sold on this one. We'll see. Logical though.
    Aaron Gordon - I was gonna hate on this, but actually like it. Solid after Ibaka trade and still only 22.
    Dennis Smith - I like this. I'm pretty high on him for the long term.
    LaMarcus Aldridge - Solid pick at this spot. Not much upside but established production.
    Dennis Schroder - I'm not convinced on him. Obviously could have upside but I think overhyped/rated.
    Harrison Barnes - Very surprising to me, not a pick I would have made here. Maybe he makes a leap this year?
    Tobias Harris - A good pick here. Could have been a 5th keeper on some teams.

Just my 2c!

-DR

@DaRuhl said:
    First round (my thoughts):

Lonzo Ball - Strong choice, Top 100 rookie year (maybe top 50?) with big upside.
    Markelle Fultz - Logical pick, but I'm not that sold on him. I'm probably wrong though.
    Nicolas Batum - Don't like this one - think there are better established players and good upside players.
    Nikola Vucevic - No upside, but among the top of the value players list. Should be solid.
    Robert Covington - Good established value with some upside. Like this pick.
    Jayson Tatum - Maybe, not sold on this one. We'll see. Logical though.
    Aaron Gordon - I was gonna hate on this, but actually like it. Solid after Ibaka trade and still only 22.
    Dennis Smith - I like this. I'm pretty high on him for the long term.
    LaMarcus Aldridge - Solid pick at this spot. Not much upside but established production.
    Dennis Schroder - I'm not convinced on him. Obviously could have upside but I think overhyped/rated.
    Harrison Barnes - Very surprising to me, not a pick I would have made here. Maybe he makes a leap this year?
    Tobias Harris - A good pick here. Could have been a 5th keeper on some teams.

Just my 2c!

-DR

Does anyone ever think @baller7037 makes a good pick. Lol. Just messing.

Ya, I felt a little bad on that. I would have been happy with Batum at 11 tho!

• TekTek Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 77
    edited September 8

2nd round thoughts:
    This was a full round of strong picks, no busts here, just a few with question marks.

2.1 Jrue Holiday -Solid, can't go wrong even with Rondo and a position switch.
    2.2 TJ Warren - good efficiency/scoring, should remain the starter despite Jackson
    2.3 Andrew Wiggins - Some say breakout year, some say down year ? Is now the #3 offensive option
    2.4 Gorgui Dieng - Solid pick, should be consistent but Gibson will eat quite a few minutes in the rotation
    2.5 Derrick Favors - Bounce back year after a bad one last year ? I say ya
    2.6 Carmelo Anthony - They Don’t Think Hoodie Melo Be Like He Is, But He Do
    2.7 Dario Saric - Like this kid a lot but he may lose touches with the all new roster in Philly ?
    2.8 Andre Drummond - Meh, ok pick if you are Tanking FT's ...
    2.9 Zach LaVine - High upside pick, clear path to minutes... ACL injuries typically take 8-18 months to fully recover from - only been 7 so far
    2.10 Avery Bradley - maybe the best pick of the round
    2.11 Jeremy Lin - Should be alright but D.Russel is going to dominate the ball
    2.12 Marquess Chriss - Kind of a gamble/longshot - possible high upside, more likely inconsistent

My thoughts on the second round
    2.1 Jrue Holiday - I really like him - not sure how he does as a SG.
    2.2 TJ Warren - love his efficiency. Great percentages. Hope he stays healthy.
    2.3 Andrew Wiggins - As the owner of him since drafting him... his efficiency sucks. He scores a lot. That's about it. He needs to improve across the board - not sure if he does as a third option.
    2.4 Gorgui Dieng - Every year I say "this is the year he gets replaced" with Gibson coming on board am I finally right or a sucker for passing on him again?
    2.5 Derrick Favors - Maybe taken to early? I felt I had to. Contract year and the addition of Rubio should make for easy buckets and hopefully a return of great stocks. Please have a healthy knee!
    2.6 Carmelo Anthony - Health? Trade? Knicks tanking early? Lots of questions.
    2.7 Dario Saric - I like thiskid a few seasons from now. Too in efficient for my liking. Stuffs stats though.
    2.8 Andre Drummond - Good for one build and one build only.
    2.9 Zach LaVine - crap! I really wanted him next round. If the Bulls tank, will he get burn? When does he return?
    2.10 Avery Bradley - crap! I really wanted him and would have grabbed him this round if I didn't have a fantasy boner for Favors this year.
    2.11 Jeremy Lin - Flew under my radar (again). When he played last year he was great. How does he coexist with DLO?
    2.12 Marquess Chriss - Not on my radar. He did well last year, can he improve? yes. Will he improve? Don't know.

Wishful thinking that I get to my pick tonight? LOL

2nd Round Thoughts

2.1 Dasein - Jrue Holiday

I don't actually think Rondo hurts him really. I feel like Rondo is great at setting up people (It really is the only thing he is good at...). Jrue should benefit overall. Sure some stats will drop but I see overall value staying the same and at pick #73... where is the downside?

2.2 DaRuhl [Acquired Via Wager] - TJ Warren

Ahhh... If you are taking TJ then you better have 3's covered in some way since he is slim to none in that department. Not sure whether Gasol continues hitting at that great clip but if he does then this pick makes sense.

2.3 Jasonuoft - Andrew Wiggins

Agreed with @Phil_OPastry about his lack of anything but scoring. He isn't efficient at scoring either. Hopefully that all changes. If it doesn't, points are pretty scarce and he still has room to grow.

2.4 Bricks - Gorgui Dieng

Boring and fantasy steady. His value is really all dependent upon how minutes he plays since he produces with playtime.

2.5 Phil O'Pastry - Derrick Favors

Huge Upside??? Hell Yes. Risky... Way to risky for my blood. Would have waited a round at least but then again, others probably would have swiped him.

2.6 DaRuhl - Carmelo Anthony

Scorers going off the board like hotcakes. But when will he play and where?

2.7 Ddomrow - Dario Saric

Not a fan of this pick. Not saying kid can't play but I feel with all the new players being inserted... how much will he be playing?

2.8 Tonym - Andre Drummond

I like this pick. Having DeAndre means you're already hurting in FTs so why fight it. Maximize player value and PUNT a cat already.

2.9 Wesbaedke - Zach LaVine

When he plays... he'll be monster. I wouldn't be willing to wait since I am always in win now mode, but he could become a great Keeper.

2.10 Baller7037 - Avery Bradley

I was debating heavily between Bradley and Lin. I hadn't really made up my mind on who I would take but Baller made this easy on me. Did Baller just swipe a player from me??? What is the world coming to.

2.11 Lilstinkylynx [Acquired Via Trade] - Jeremy Lin

When Lin played, he was great. End of season... played great. I like that trend. Does Russel worry me. Not really. Lin likes to slash and is a great 3pt shooter. Russel being a good shooter opens lanes for Lin to do what he does best. When Russel does decide to drive then Lin will be there to hit that open shot. Having better players on a horrible team can only help all the players around right???

2.12 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Trade] - Marquese Chriss

Ahhh... kid is nuts. But someone very smart told me that you don't need to be sane to produce fantasy numbers. He will get every chance this season to do just that.

edited September 10

Pick Mirotic. Let's hope a contract is worked out. If so, after a Wade buyout he becomes the defacto first option.

Seriously... There was no way I thought Josh would be taken. Totally thought he was easily in my sights come my pick. That swipe really hurts.

How does it feel out there to have your starting roster filled up. Some of us over here don't have that luxury.

I'm up for a pick swap if someone who is picking soon is interested.

@lilstinkylynx said:
    How does it feel out there to have your starting roster filled up. Some of us over here don't have that luxury.

It feels nice if you have had a nice draft to be ahead of the game.
    If you don't like the team now then you say crap I have gone the wrong way too far, there is no return now! -----> me

Round 3 write up...
    3.1 TekOpp - James Johnson - the man played very well last year, filled the stat sheet and then got paid. Probably starts at PF.
    3.2 Naveen - Dwight Howard - meh. Not quite the player he was 10 years ago. Also, only good for one build.
    3.3 Baller7037 - Willie Cauley-Stein - I like WCS and hope he gets the starting 5 role. Sacramento is a weird one and I hope he doesn't get pushed aside for a vet.
    3.4 Wesbaedke - George Hill should do well to start the season and trail off as the play-offs become a drunk kings' fan dream. Hopefully healthier this year - he could easily put up top 50 stats.
    3.5 TekOpp [Acquired Via Trade] - Trevor Ariza good value here - steals and threes baby!
    3.6 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Trade] - Tim Hardaway Jr. The Knicks braintrust clearly smoked meth and then paid this guy $17mil. He will get minutes. Not sure what his ceiling is. Might try to out inefficient shoot Melo this year.
    3.7 DaRuhl - Malcolm Brogdon - love the pick. The kid is steady and provides balance across the board. (I wanted him)
    3.8 Phil O'Pastry - Nikola Mirotic - no contract... no problem? Well, maybe. If he is signed he suddenly becomes the first option on a Bulls teams looking to suck more than a Dyson Vacuum.
    3.9 Bricks - Willy Hernangomez - Like the pick. Should start and out perform this spot. His competition is missing the first 12 games do to a PED ban.
    3.10 Jasonuoft - Jonas Valanciunas - I like him way more than his coach does... great percentages and rebounds.
    3.11 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Wager] - Josh Richardson, high upside and the man just got paid... A sneaky great pick.
    3.12 Dasein - Thaddeus Young - Thad does what he does. Rebounds, steals, shoots great FG can't shoot a FT,

edited September 15

@Phil_OPastry nice write up man. Will add my thoughts later. Are we still in the 5th round?... let's speed this up guys.

3rd Round Thoughts

3.1 TekOpp - James Johnson

I have no doubt he starts. I also have no doubt that he is the only one who can do what he did last season on this team. But they added a few pieces and players are healthy. His time will drop and with that so does production. Luckily, he produces in the limited time he does play.

3.2 Naveen - Dwight Howard

Head scratcher here. Yes... he still doubles doubles and that trend should continue. But he kills you in one cat still and the decline is on. H2H this would make sense but in ROTO... I don't think it makes any sense - Especially for a team that didn't have a major FT drag yet.

3.3 Baller7037 - Willie Cauley-Stein

He will get playing time. He will produce. But god damn... he just ain't that good in real life. Won't that eventually catch up with him.

3.4 Wesbaedke - George Hill

Mentorship role. Will still produce. But never stays on the court enough to be worth the trouble. If he does happen to not get injured... its a great pick. No qualms even if he does get injured since it is still a quality pick... but man will it be frustrating.

3.5 TekOpp [Acquired Via Trade] - Trevor Ariza

2 great passers on a team now. Great spot up shooter... Money in the bank there. I am in the never draft Ariza club but we all have our biases.

3.6 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Trade] - Tim Hardaway Jr.

Ahhh... to reiterate @Phil_OPastry and his thoughts... do the Knicks ever give out a good contract to a player that is actually worth it. He is in no way worth 17. But does that matter for fantasy... Nope.

3.7 DaRuhl - Malcolm Brogdon

Safe and steady selection. Not much to get excited about. Do I see massive improvements?... Nah. But minor improvements will help regardless.

3.8 Phil O'Pastry - Nikola Mirotic

Boy ain't signed... Why is he not signed?!!! Team needs him... the team is that bad....

3.9 Bricks - Willy Hernangomez

My 3rd man crush this fantasy season. He is the undisputed starter. Just not sure that means massive minutes. He is in NY after all... things get all messed up there. A center that doesn't block though... sigh... it's the new trend.

3.10 Jasonuoft - Jonas Valanciunas

Why can't this kid get minutes. He really isn't that bad. Plus... running ISOs all the tie for Lowry and DeRozan have not worked out well come playoff time. Let the kid loose already. Not sure that will happen. Basically that puts him in safe zone with no upside unless the coach changes.

3.11 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Wager] - Josh Richardson

Man Crush #1 and by a long shot. Damn you!!! I really didn't have many targets this season but this was one of them and one that I was sure would land on my team. He is so sexy when he plays and is not injured. I need to stop talking... Crushing on him while not having him hurts... It hurts I tell you!!!

3.12 Dasein - Thaddeus Young

For a team already stacked with efficiency Thad makes a lot of sense. His production has been steady. He can't shoot a FT for ish but he doesn't shoot them anyways. His FG% is solid... and he steals. Plus... there is still upside on a shitty team... Just don't ruin my Myles breakout or I will be real upset... I mean more upset than losing Josh Richardson... Damn my man crush pains...

edited September 15

1.1 TekOpp - Lonzo Ball -- choice of consensus, very high floor with fantasy friendly skill set, may not have as high ceiling as DSJ and Fultz in the long term
    1.2 Naveen - Markelle Fultz -- probably best talent among rookies, but not as good situation as Ball or DSJ this year
    1.3 Baller7037 - Nicolas Batum -- Swiss Army knife, FG% dragger, overall stats dropping past prime
    1.4 Wesbaedke - Nikola Vucevic -- FG% and FT% dropped last year, so much more valuable if the % go back up, but the talk of more 3s probably doesn't help
    1.5 Phil O'Pastry [Acquired Via Trade] - Robert Covington -- 1/1/1 monster, FG% looks bad but affect value less than it seems because of low volumn
    1.6 Ddomrow - Jayson Tatum -- worst situation amongst top rookies for now, the departure of Crowder accelerates his development, Morris not big roadblock for major minutes
    1.7 Lilstinkylnx [Acquired Via Wager] - Aaron Gordon -- top 30 potential short term, top 12 potential long term? First healthy year entering season, hope only play 4 not 3
    1.8 Phil O'Pastry - Dennis Smith Jr. -- most exciting rookie this year, hype should be legit, however almost no rookie ever produced top 60 value in the first season
    1.9 Bricks - LaMarcus Aldridge -- boring as hell but great fit for brick's team, if this continues bricks should easily win the season as his keepers are leaps and bounds better than the rest
    1.10 Jasonuoft - Dennis Schroder -- inefficient, but I was too tempted by this 24old alpha dog for the aweful Hawks, a guy of his speed should find a way to get 1.5 steals, his% are actually better than perception, 44%/85%/1.4/24/4/7/1.2/0.3/3.6?
    1.11 Baller7037 [Acquired Via Trade] - Harrison Barnes -- huge improvement last year, efficient high volume scorer, can he improve on defensive stats?
    1.12 Phil O'Pastry [Acquired Via Trade] - Tobias Harris -- very roto friendly stats, so much talent not fully realized yet, SVG's rotation kills fantasy value

I think there were no bad picks in the first round.

@jasonuoft said:
    1.1 TekOpp - Lonzo Ball -- choice of consensus, very high floor with fantasy friendly skill set, may not have as high ceiling as DSJ and Fultz in the long term
    1.2 Naveen - Markelle Fultz -- probably best talent among rookies, but not as good situation as Ball or DSJ this year
    1.3 Baller7037 - Nicolas Batum -- Swiss Army knife, FG% dragger, overall stats dropping past prime
    1.4 Wesbaedke - Nikola Vucevic -- FG% and FT% dropped last year, so much more valuable if the % go back up, but the talk of more 3s probably doesn't help
    1.5 Phil O'Pastry [Acquired Via Trade] - Robert Covington -- 1/1/1 monster, FG% looks bad but affect value less than it seems because of low volumn
    1.6 Ddomrow - Jayson Tatum -- worst situation amongst top rookies for now, the departure of Crowder accelerates his development, Morris not big roadblock for major minutes
    1.7 Lilstinkylnx [Acquired Via Wager] - Aaron Gordon -- top 30 potential short term, top 12 potential long term? First healthy year entering season, hope only play 4 not 3
    1.8 Phil O'Pastry - Dennis Smith Jr. -- most exciting rookie this year, hype should be legit, however almost no rookie ever produced top 60 value in the first season
    1.9 Bricks - LaMarcus Aldridge -- boring as hell but great fit for brick's team, if this continues bricks should easily win the season as his keepers are leaps and bounds better than the rest
    1.10 Jasonuoft - Dennis Schroder -- inefficient, but I was too tempted by this 24old alpha dog for the aweful Hawks, a guy of his speed should find a way to get 1.5 steals, his% are actually better than perception, 44%/85%/1.4/24/4/7/1.2/0.3/3.6?
    1.11 Baller7037 [Acquired Via Trade] - Harrison Barnes -- huge improvement last year, efficient high volume scorer, can he improve on defensive stats?
    1.12 Phil O'Pastry [Acquired Via Trade] - Tobias Harris -- very roto friendly stats, so much talent not fully realized yet, SVG's rotation kills fantasy value

Top 30 Short... Top 12 Long??? Wowzers... I was just hoping for top 50. LOL

2.1 Dasein - Jrue Holiday -- good value pick. I almost picked him. How will he do as SG? FG% below average. Are last year's sneaky blocks a fluke? Many question marks.
    2.2 DaRuhl [Acquired Via Wager] - TJ Warren -- fantastic post break last year. Efficient high scorer. No 3s but who cares, 3s are easy to come by. Josh Jackson not ready to threaten.
    2.3 Jasonuoft - Andrew Wiggins [Traded to Naveen] --empty scorer, but talent hard to ignore. Almost no improvement at all across the board in 3 years. But having Butler as mentor could be instrrmental. Less offensive pressure this year could be good to improve efficiency and defence. 46%/77%/1.4/21/4/2/1.1/0.4/2.2?
    2.4 Bricks - Gorgui Dieng -- another boring but efficiency pick from bricks. Don't think Gibson can take mins from him. Dieng does not need time to do what he does anyway
    2.5 Phil O'Pastry - Derrick Favors -- not on my radar but should probably be. He keeps saying he is healthy this year but will believe when we see it. Still young. Curious to see how Jazz can run 2 traditional bigs in today's NBA.
    2.6 DaRuhl - Carmelo Anthony -- wherever he goes, still should produce his usual line. 1/0.9/0.8 steal dropping last 3 years. Yikes
    2.7 Ddomrow - Dario Saric -- I am gonna call this first bad pick of the draft. Not even that good even with starter mins. He was good for 5 game stretch and it seems to resonate.
    2.8 Tonym - Andre Drummond -- value much higher in H2H. But it could work for Tonym with DeAndre already. But 1.1 block only last year, how possible?
    2.9 Wesbaedke - Zach LaVine -- don't like him this early, returning from knee surgery. Wasn't even that good for fantasy even healthy, unless can improve defensive stats.
    2.10 Baller7037 - Avery Bradley -- board sure to revert back to 3-4 with Drummond. SVG uncertainty. Good value at this draft position though.
    2.11 Lilstinkylynx [Acquired Via Trade] - Jeremy Lin -- like him a lot this year. Was a monster post break last year. Can play 1 or 2 together with Russell. He will have as many mins as he can handle. Good fit in fast pace Nets. Linsanity is back.
    2.12 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Trade] - Marquese Chriss -- very surprised he is not on the radar in our league. His ADP is higher than this even in redraft league. He is a nuthead but who cares. Anyone remember Josh Smith? Suns will let these kids run. Last year postbreak 50%/62%/1.2/13/5.9/1/1/1.4 in 27 mins. I will gladly take that line even no improvement. First pick I am happy with myself so far.

@lilstinkylynx said:

@jasonuoft said:

Lol just to clarify, my short term is 3yr, long term is 5yr+, this year ya probably top 50 in basecase scenario.

@jasonuoft said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

@jasonuoft said:

Lol just to clarify, my short term is 3yr, long term is 5yr+, this year ya probably top 50 in basecase scenario.

Bubble bursted

4th round Thoughts

4.1 Dasein - Markieff Morris

At this point we know what Kieff brings and it isn't going to change. The team is basically the same team so it means he will be looking at doing what he did last season again. Posted 76 Per Game Value and 63 Total Game value based on BBM last season. Seeing that this is pick 97. Solid value and little risk. Seems like the right kind of pick for a team that just needs players to do waht they do since @dasein core is so over the top better than most of the league at this point.

4.2 Wesbaedke [Acquired Via Trade] - Rodney Hood

There was a lot of hype going in last season regarding Hood and that all kind of got derailed due to injury. Hayward is now gone and kid has been mentioned by management as likely taking that big leap this season. Hasn't been the greatest of shooter percentage wise so we all have to wonder what a higher usage rate will do there. That said... he will be given every opportunity to succeed so its on him. Per game value for 2015-2016 breakout was 96 so this seems like a good spot as any to take a flier on him.

4.3 Jasonuoft - Taurean Prince

Ahhhh... Mini Kawhi without the offensive game. He did show some offensive prowess during the playoffs but does that carry over? Does a little bit of all those things you want with a real life player but how does that translate to fantasy??? Again... he is the only player not named Schroeder who is assured minutes galore so he will have a chance to go buck wild based on playtime alone. Great steals guy and @jasonuoft just has to hope that the increased role doesn't cause him to run out of gas on the defensive end which is where he really shines and gets his fantasy value.

4.4 Bricks - Julius Randle

I'm very torn with this pick since I'm a Laker fan and really want to see him excel for the sake of my team. I know they are trying to MOLD him into Draymond but that just isn't his game... especially on the defensive end and that means he will be traded when it is all said and done or let go. But that has no fantasy impact so lets talk fantasy. He is a three cat guy and I don't see that changing. Does he fit @bricks needs... not really but maybe he knows something I don't. Can he take that leap this season... yes... but like I said... it will have to happen on the defensive end and it just isn't who he is.

4.5 Phil O'Pastry - Seth Curry

Ahhhh... efficicency. Seems like that is what @Phil_OPastry has predicated for this draft this season. Kid can shoot and he does it in a manner that doesn't hurt you. Will he be doing what he was doing during a stretch where he was putting on top 20 value... No... I don't think so. Can he put out top 50 value... I see that as a possibility. MOre than likely though... he'll be in the 60-80 range and that makes this a solid pick. @Phil_OPastry issue is that you are only allowed to accumulate stats for 10 players. So having depth won't do any good. Assets is always nice and Curry definitely is an asset I would want to have.

4.6 DaRuhl - Rajon Rondo

See Jrue analysis from before and that pretty much covers it. Also... rondo does what he does and that isn't changing so not much to add after all these years.

4.7 Ddomrow - Josh Jackson

Hmmmmm... potential galore. Will he be any good this season... Don't see it happening. He is still too raw, but we are in a Keeper league and getting him in the 4th is a steal IMO.

4.8 Tonym - Joe Ingles

Damn you for stealing my man crush #2. I was so close I tell you. How could you do what @jasonuoft did and swipe him just right before I had my chacne to have my happy moment. More opportunity and doesn't hurt you anywhere. Those 3's, steals and assists will be extremely valuable when it is all said and done. No flash but fantasy isn't about the flash.

4.9 Wesbaedke - Ryan Anderson

Gamble pick here. Is Carmelo going to be moved and is Ryan going to be that piece that can be sent back. With that said... Ryan was suppose to be in an extremely good system and have a major chance to produce and still only finished in the 90-100 range in value. Will moving to NY and a depleted team up his value... Maybe... but it should be tempered. We won't be seeing that elite top 20 Ryno anytime soon.

4.10 Lilstinkylynx [Acquired Via Wager] - Dewayne Dedmon

Early... Yeah... HUge opportunity to crush this draft position... Yup. Dedmon is an efficient big. NOt much of an offensive game to speak of but he doesn't miss and that is always helpful. What he does with his opportunity is what matters. ATL is really that bad... and if he crushes it... then he will be gettign paid since he has a plyer option. Betting on him wanting to get paid and just being the beast we saw he could be during his limited time in San Antonio. I need some breakouts to have any chance of climbing into the top 5 so most of my picks have been consistent with that train of thought and this pick was no different.

4.11 Naveen - Ersan Ilyasova

He's temp guy holding a position for a guy I drafted in John Collins. Can he produce numbers... yup. But will he be doing taht all season. Nope... At somepoint, ATL will embrace a total rebuild and the young guns will be given a chance to shine. Think Taureen at the end of the season when he was given minutes galore.

4.12 TekOpp - Steven Adams

Man... was Stevens on a tear early last season but we all know the law of averages. He came back to earth and some. As long as we know his limits then no qualms about this pick.

@DaRuhl @ddomrow Any chance both picks are being made tonight? LOL

• ddomrowddomrow Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 52

I'm just waiting

@ddomrow said:
    I'm just waiting

LOL. So am I...

Zzzz...zzz...zzz

this is draining my will to live.

• wesbaedkewesbaedke Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 137

Whoa...are we still drafting? What round are we in?? :) It's been awhile since I've picked.

edited September 19

At the beginning of this draft my hair was brown and nut sac was taut.

Now; however, as this draft has gradually crept on my luxurious mane has thinned whilst turning silver and my once envied magic marble bag is now dilapidated and stretched like an old worn and haggard sock with two golf balls in the bottom swinging to and fro like a sad, sad pendulum. Where has the time gone?

@Phil_OPastry said:
    At the beginning of this draft my hair was brown and nut sac was taut.

Now; however, as this draft has gradually crept on my luxurious mane has thinned whilst turning silver and my once envied magic marble bag is now dilapidated and stretched like an old worn and haggard sock with two golf balls in the bottom swinging to and from like a sad, sad pendulum. Where has the time gone?

Did not need any of that vivid imagery in my mind... Must pick now and focus on other things.

Sorry guys, I'm just slow with this sort of stuff...

Fortunately as we are going at about a round every two days, we only have 3.x rounds left, and we have close to a month until the season starts, I think we'll be fine...

-DR

@DaRuhl said:
    Sorry guys, I'm just slow with this sort of stuff...

Fortunately as we are going at about a round every two days, we only have 3.x rounds left, and we have close to a month until the season starts, I think we'll be fine...

-DR

There's never been a worry regarding timing. I think we all just love fantasy way too much. @Phil_OPastry maybe a tad too much. Lol

@naveen phone is out of commission and he's still trying to get used to this format and getting the player lists together so I've been informed he won't be able to draft till tonight.

• naveennaveen Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 10

@lilstinkylynx temporary phone working now!

Was considering both A Crabbe and L Williams with my pick.. lilstinky post-sniping me!