Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

General Discussion

124»

Comments

• lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

Tentative Keepers have been added to draft thread with me choosing the 5th keeper as the first one listed if you are currently undecided and will be updated once Keepers are finalized. Keeper due date as a reminder is is September 3 by Midnight PST. Draft to kick off right after I'm assuming but due to season starting on Oct. 16th, I hope all managers will be on top of their picks.

• jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125

@lilstinkylynx Because this NBA season starts a week earlier than usual this year, I suggest we officially move our draft day earlier to say Sep 4?
    Since you have already spent time listing the keepers in the draft thread(thank you!), we should be able to start the draft as soon as the keepers are set on Sep 3.
    Otherwise I feel ppl have the natural tendency to wait till Sep8 to start, waiting for that perfect trade that may never fall.
    Thoughts?

Personally I'm ok with that. Anyone else have any thoughts? I just want to make sure everyone in the league actually reads this and is on the same page. That's the only reason I have been hesitant to moving anything.

• bricksbricks Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Heroes Keeper League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 127

is anyone else having issues with messages? I've noticed a couple of messages sent the past few days not showing up

@bricks as far as I can tell, I haven't had any issues but it seems like others are.

For the league, besides sending message alerting the next manager a pick is made. It might be helpful to do this as well.

1.1 Kevin Durant
    @lilstinkylynx is up.

Keepers due on Sept 3rd. Please finalize keepers ASAP. It would be nice if I could update the draft thread with the correct Keepers before the draft. Draft to start immediately after Keepers are due but managers are not obligated to the time requisite. But please don't drag out your picks if possible. @wesbaedke or I still have to enter the rosters on Yahoo after we complete our draft.

Draft thread is fully updated up until this point. I took the top keeper listed for the 5th spot. If any changes are made before the due date, I will update accordingly. Please go ahead and start your draft preps and lets move this thing along when it is time.

General Thoughts on Teams as they are listed so far:

Top Of The Class Keeper Core (Ranked IMO from Top to Bottom)

1. @bricks
    2. @dasein

Contenders (Close but missing a piece or two or too many unknowns)

1. @Tek
    2. @DaRuhl
    3. @jasonuoft

Dark Horses (Could swing based on Draft)

1. @Phil_OPastry
    2. @wesbaedke
    3. @ddomrow

Still Got Some HOLES to fill (All these teams are on equal footing for me but I don't see them competing this season)

@lilstinkylynx @tonym @naveen @baller7037

Just my personal thoughts. Care to agree or disagree. I'd love to hear it. And yes... I've fallen pretty far.

• wesbaedkewesbaedke Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 140

@lilstinkylynx Not giving yourself enough credit and giving me too much credit. :)

I do need to have a good draft. Excited to get this going! Good luck all!

• bricksbricks Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Heroes Keeper League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 127

I would go with Tek as my top team, it is a younger and more balance keeper list. I kept the same keepers as last year but that didn't translate to a championship

edited September 2

@lilstinkylynx I more or less agree with your evaluation of the KEEPERS. Strength of keeper core is probably only 1/3 of championship, 1/3 is a good draft to round out the team, the other 1/3 comes from brave quality trade to address your teams needs. Case in point was dasein's trade last year giving up 1st round pick this year for Klay, which was just perfect for his team. That sealed the deal. Kudos to dasein. Before that it was a four teams race to the end.
    Don't give up even if don't have the best keeper core. This year is setting up to be a very competitive year as a few lesser keeper core teams have draft picks advantage (@Phil_OPastry 3 first round picks!), and also of course @lilstinkylynx big challenge for himself. I predict a tight 5 team race all the way to the end.
    Let's get the draft started!

@jasonuoft said:
    @lilstinkylynx I more or less agree with your evaluation of the KEEPERS. Strength of keeper core is probably only 1/3 of championship, 1/3 is a good draft to round out the team, the other 1/3 comes from brave quality trade to address your teams needs. Case in point was dasein's trade last year giving up 1st round pick this year for Klay, which was just perfect for his team. That sealed the deal. Kudos to dasein. Before that it was a four teams race to the end.
    Don't give up even if don't have the best keeper core. This year is setting up to be a very competitive year as a few lesser keeper core teams have draft picks advantage (@Phil_OPastry 3 first round picks!), and also of course @lilstinkylynx big challenge for himself. I predict a tight 5 team race all the way to the end.
    Let's get the draft started!

Which 5 teams?

@lilstinkylynx hard to say until after the draft. The draft makes a big difference IMO. Let's do this after the draft.
    Keepers alone I mostly agree with you. But after the draft it could change. For example, Phil will climb up with his picks. I should climb up too, if I don't waste a top pick like last year on Rondo lol. And as always, I bet ur team will look better and better through the season lol.

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

Don't give me preemptive draft credit. I'll more than likely squander the picks!

edited September 2

@lilstinkylynx tonight 12am PST is deadline for keepers right? after that you don't own players other than the 5 keepers, ie. can't use those non-keepers for trades

@jasonuoft said:
    @lilstinkylynx tonight 12am PST is deadline for keepers right?

Tomorrow midnight pst. But tbh, if @Tek wanted and he wasn't planning on taking one of those possible keepers listed, he could feel free to post his pick now and let us all start planning accordingly. The original plan was to let people enjoy their weekend and then have the holiday Monday to get this draft going hopefully. Lol

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 558
    edited September 2

@lilstinkylynx said:

@jasonuoft said:

Tomorrow midnight pst. But tbh, if @Tek wanted and he wasn't planning on taking one of those possible keepers listed, he could feel free to post his pick now and let us all start planning accordingly. The original plan was to let people enjoy their weekend and then have the holiday Monday to get this draft going hopefully. Lol

Let's just move the official draft start to Sep4 if no one objects. I am sure we are all eager to snatch up players from the pool by now lol.
    On a personal note, I will be on vacation starting Sep7, so could be slower in responding.

@jasonuoft said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

@jasonuoft said:

Let's just move the official draft start to Sep4 if no one objects. I am sure we are all eager to snatch up players from the pool by now lol.
    On a personal note, I will be on vacation starting Sep7, so could be slower in responding.

Sound good to me. Any objections?

Nope. Let's start it up!

edited September 3

@baller7037 and I have been going back and forth for years now and I have always been right about how trashy his team is. This is the first year where our Keepers are relatively equal and he has 2 first round picks which equates to massive value gained. With that said... I'm calling you out @baller7037

If you have any balls whatsoever and are finally willing to back up your claim of this great rebuild of yours and your elite waiver skills and drafting skills... here is your chance. I got an injured Thomas who may only play half the season but who cares... I got you every season regardless.

I wager my 3rd next season for your 10th and vice versa in that I guarantee I will finish ahead of you.

Mic Drop...

I believe only @Phil_OPastry has an undecided 5th. Hopefully he locks that in soon.

@tek feel free to kick off this draft in style tonight.

@baller7037 it is cool if you don't want to accept the wager and admit defeat.

Seems like @Phil_OPastry has made his decision.

@tek hope you are getting the messages. I emailed justnin case as a reminder.

@ddomrow Haven't seen you check in since July. Hope this alerts you that our draft will be starting.

• baller7037baller7037 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 59

@lilstinkylynx said:
    @baller7037 and I have been going back and forth for years now and I have always been right about how trashy his team is. This is the first year where our Keepers are relatively equal and he has 2 first round picks which equates to massive value gained. With that said... I'm calling you out @baller7037

If you have any balls whatsoever and are finally willing to back up your claim of this great rebuild of yours and your elite waiver skills and drafting skills... here is your chance. I got an injured Thomas who may only play half the season but who cares... I got you every season regardless.

I wager my 3rd next season for your 10th and vice versa in that I guarantee I will finish ahead of you.

Mic Drop...

so if I lose I only have to give you my 10th pick, and if I win I get your 3rd pick. I'll take that bet all day. game on

@baller7037 said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

Mic Drop...

so if I lose I only have to give you my 10th pick, and if I win I get your 3rd pick. I'll take that bet all day. game on

That's insane. If I win I get your 3rd for my 10th. If I lose, I lose my 3rd for your 10th.

@lilstinkylynx said:

@baller7037 said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

Mic Drop...

That's insane. If I win I get your 3rd for my 10th. If I lose, I lose my 3rd for your 10th.

no bet your team is still better, I don't have a steph curry or top 5 on my team yet. how about if my team finishes top 5 then we make the wager 3rd pick for 10th pick and vice versa

@baller7037 said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

@baller7037 said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

Mic Drop...

no bet your team is still better, I don't have a steph curry or top 5 on my team yet. how about if my team finishes top 5 then we make the wager 3rd pick for 10th pick and vice versa

Wouldn't even ponder that bet until after the draft to see what the draft breaks down like. Guess you don't have much faith in your team. I thought that after I watered down my team and loss one of my top guys for a good amount of the season and some questionable keepers you'd be all over trying to prove you finally built your monster team but I guess not. Only bet I'm willing to do right now is who will finish higher. A 3rd for 10th makes the bet more interesting and forces both of us to not tank.

@lilstinkylynx said:

@baller7037 said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

@baller7037 said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

Mic Drop...

Wouldn't even ponder that bet until after the draft to see what the draft breaks down like. Guess you don't have much faith in your team. I thought that after I watered down my team and loss one of my top guys for a good amount of the season and some questionable keepers you'd be all over trying to prove you finally built your monster team but I guess not. Only bet I'm willing to do right now is who will finish higher. A 3rd for 10th makes the bet more interesting and forces both of us to not tank.

I guess we wait untill after the draft to make that bet

Alright @baller7037 If you are still game. I have no faith in you finishing top 5. I will take that bet.

@baller7037 that also means that if you don't finish top 5 then I get your 3rd for my 10th

@lilstinkylynx said:
    @baller7037 that also means that if you don't finish top 5 then I get your 3rd for my 10th

Ok and if i finish top 5 i get your 3rd for my 10th

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,006

Anyone want to try out a salary cap league? We have a roto one and a H2H one. The same guy has a team in both and seems to have fallen off the planet.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 558

I'm in the leagues dasein is talking about as well.

They are quite competitive and active and pretty awesome (although like all salary cap leagues a touch on the more complex side). But if you've ever wanted to do a salary cap league, I highly recommend either/both!

@dasein @DaRuhl Can I have a link for the league to know more details? I am interested to sign up for one of them. Thanks!

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,006

@jasonuoft and anyone else interested. The H2H one is run here at fantasy cafe. You can find the message boards under Fantasy Basketball leagues up on the left side of this page. It's the Salary Cap League. You should be able to find a link to the rules and team lists there in the "Important Docs" thread.

The roto one is pretty similar in terms of organisation but we run it through slack.

Would love to join but wife says no more leagues. Lol

Is it a salary league dynasty set up or is it an auction redraft done every year?

hahaha @lilstinkylynx as soon as September hits I tell my misis it's the time of year now, the start of fantasy season, and she still doesn't get it hehehe

@bricks said:
    hahaha @lilstinkylynx as soon as September hits I tell my misis it's the time of year now, the start of fantasy season, and she still doesn't get it hehehe

I told my wife it's year round. Maybe that's why she said no more. Lol

@naveen where you at?!!!

@Phil_OPastry it's keeper. You bid contracts.

• naveennaveen Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 10

@lilstinkylynx haha i'm here, going to draft soon!

@naveen said:
    @lilstinkylynx haha i'm here, going to draft soon!

I think we may have differing ideas about what soon means

• naveennaveen Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 10

My apologies! Just drafted @dasein

If anyone wants another league, I've got a few spots to fill.

1. One spot in a 20 team H2H keeper that's been going for 10 years. Your likely keepers would be Kyrie and Love. Scoring is a little different - OR and DR instead of Rbd and A/TO instead of TO.

2. Four spots in what started out as my F&F league more than 10 years ago. Most originals have since grown up and stopped playing. Funnily enough, Matt Smith from BBM was a walk on in yr1 and is still there. This is a 12 team redraft H2H with std 9 cats and snake draft.

hi @dasein when is the draft for both leagues?

@bricks drafts for both will be the weekend before nba starts. I usually make a spreadheet to work out what time works for most people. But I'd say they're usually around 9pm US eastern time give or take a few hours either side.

Rosters all entered on yahoo. Please check to verify. Waiver priority also updated. Good luck. Some of you still owe me some write ups... LOL

edited October 18

Whay a crazy day. I thought Mirotic getting his face literally punched in was bad... but then Hayward. Whoa.

@Phil_OPastry said:
    Whay a crazy day. I thought Mirotic getting his face literally punched in was bad... but then Hayward. Whoa.

Yeah.. I feel bad for @wesbaedke and Hayward of course but it gives me a chance to increase my odds of winning the wager at least.

Don't feel bad for you at all though... since we have no wager and I see no gains for myself. LOL

Thanks for your sympathy @lilstinkylynx, it means a lot. :) Let’s just hope we don’t get too more days like yesterday in regards to injuries and drama. Brutal.

@wesbaedke said:
    Thanks for your sympathy @lilstinkylynx, it means a lot. :) Let’s just hope we don’t get too more days like yesterday in regards to injuries and drama. Brutal.

My sympathy has now led to a Lin injury and drop. LOL