Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

General Discussion

Comments

• lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 460

Please declare keepers on time. Still in the process of finding a replacement manager. Looking forward to this coming season.

So a few prospects for replacement managers fell through. Anyone in the league know of a friend who may want to join? Send them my way

• TekTek Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 79

I plan on waiting until we have a full compliment of managers before we begin draft.

It would be great if we could also pick a day & time where everyone is available to draft quickly through the first few rounds.

Agreed. Draft will need to be placed on hold till I find a replacement manager. Assistance appreciated. Keepers are still due by tomorrow for all active managers though.

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

Haven't found a replacement yet - asked around other leagues I'm in.

Tentatively I think I found a replacement. Will keep everyone posted. Please don't forget that keepers are due for everyone else today.

Found a replacement. Waiting for the cafe admin to give him access to our league. I think it is only fair that he get some time to think over his keepers if he desires but I don't see any reason the draft won't be able to proceed on Sept. 9 as planned. If he ends up not needing the time, @Tek can feel free to start the draft early as usual but no one will be held to the 24 hour limit till the draft officially starts. I believe this will end up being the most tight and competitive season to date. I legitimately seeing 6 teams whose core is set up well for this season. @baller7037 still has no chance but it seems yet again that he's looking to finish bottom 3.

Keepers are locked in. Draft thread is fully updated w/ Keeper List to help with search on first page and draft picks will be updated as they go. STill waiting on admin response to add our newest member @bricks . Other than that we are good to go. I'm a daddy this time around so I'll try to be active and prompt where I can but I got priorities with a newborn so hope everyone is patient. I also hope I can eek out a win again this year.

• jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125

I have a veteran manager ready to join if a spot opens up. Thx

Please welcome @bricks to our league and let's get this season started.

• wesbaedkewesbaedke Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 140

Nice to have you in the league Bricks...congrats on inheriting a ridiculous team. :)

Excited to get this draft started!

• bricksbricks Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Heroes Keeper League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 127

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Team looks good but I need to start thinking look term as well :)

@bricks said:
    Thanks all for the warm welcome. Team looks good but I need to start thinking look term as well :)

Allow me to assist you. I'll take that bum Durant off your hands.

@Phil_OPastry said:

@bricks said:

Allow me to assist you. I'll take that bum Durant off your hands.

Yep...and I'll give you the youthful, high upside Dennis Schroeder for the old and declining CP3. #longtermthinking

Just a reminder that the draft has officially started. Everyone has 24 hours to make their pick but please try not to use that entire time and plan ahead accordingly so we can get this draft done and entered into Yahoo. @bricks is on the clock. Please make sure you private message the next manager as well once you've made your pick. Please don't post on their wall that the next manager is up since they will likely not receive a notification in hat case. Make sure it's a private message.

• bricksbricks Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Heroes Keeper League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 127

copy that. still mulling over a few trade offers coming my way

Good luck guys!

@Phil_OPastry said:
    Good luck guys!

I'll need it!!!

FML... I had slim to no chance of winning so I decided to trade away what little picks I have again to make a run. With that said, I still had @jasonuoft or @dasein comingout on top. Now I have no chance. LOL

Hey everyone, so I can't seem to get a hold of all the managers to see if they are returning. When season ended I had a confirmation all would. I'm pretty busy these days so I'm doing my best to keep everything up to date with this league but if anyone knows a way to contact the missing managers or some managers that wouldn't mind being on standby as replacements... I'd appreciate the help.

I have 1 or 2 active guys for standby

Thanks @jasonuoft

@DaRuhl I actually sent a mass Yahoo league email. Not sure if some of us use a junk email for that and never got it. Figured that would be best way to reach everyone since that's how we register to renew after our offline draft.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 558

Ah cool. Ya I don't really use Yahoo e-mail, clued in when you posted your "can't find everyone" message above on this board and got the e-mail alert.

Neways,all good and I'm here!

-DR

Two Managers unaccounted for: @bricks and @boyet401
    I believe both are friends and in the another cafe league together. I see that @bricks has checked the website recently but no response yet from him.

Keep those stand by at the ready @jasonuoft

Please post your tentative keepers early so I don't have to go hunting anyone down. Draft will be on us soon.

@boyet401 and @bricks will have till August 18th to reply to me. If I do not receive a response by then, I will be opening their spots to the replacements to all them a few weeks to look over their rosters and make some moves before declaring their keepers and draft. Since the replacements will be coming from you @jasonuoft , I'll coordinate with you as the time gets closer.

Team 1 Pick (1.09 to start draft)
    Ricky Rubio
    Tim Hardaway Jr.
    Chris Paul
    Jimmy Butler
    Alan Williams
    T.J. Warren
    Steven Adams
    Nikola Vucevic
    Avery Bradley
    Kevin Durant
    Lebron James
    Tristan Thompson
    Danny Green
    Robert Covington
    Will Barton

Team 2 (Pick 1.2 to start draft)
    Tyler Johnson
    Buddy Hield
    Jeremy Lin
    Chandler Parsons
    Al-Farouq Aminu
    Marvin Williams
    Hassan Whiteside
    Robin Lopez
    Channing Frye
    Terrence Ross
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
    Bismack Biyombo
    Austin Rivers
    Jabari Parker
    Dwight Powell

Available rosters if I don't here back from the managers in time. Please let me know if you guys know of anyone who might want to join our league.

Wondering if the managers would have any qualms about letting the two new managers (if it gets to that point) do a mini draft between the two teams to balance out the keepers and the league a bit. Let me know your thoughts.

Yes that is a great idea. Team2 is way too unfair to find a new manager.

Agree...that's a great idea.

• baller7037baller7037 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 58

just saw messages. I'm good and raring to go for this upcoming season

@bricks said:
    just saw messages. I'm good and raring to go for this upcoming season

Any idea if you can reach @boyet401 and see his status.

edited August 17

I still haven't heard anything about @boyet401

@jasonuoft I had a proposal that I'm pretty sure the league won't mind and would give some parity to the league and allow your friend to take over a more balanced team. I'm offering that if your friend takes over, I'm willing to do a mini draft with my current roster and the roster he takes over. I only ask that I get first pick in the redraft and in return draft at my same position while he would draft second and get pick 1.2 to start the draft. And since I'm watering down my team a bit. Maybe a swap of my 4th for his 2nd round pick. Let me know if he'd be interested. Also all managers are free to weigh in. Wouldn't mind a new challenge to be honest.

@lilstinkylynx that is a very generous offer, you will very likely lose 2 of ur top 4 keepers. If I understand correctly, u will only get a 2nd for 4th rounder in return? You are really challenging urself lol. Could you please post your final roster here? Thx

@jasonuoft said:
    @lilstinkylynx that is a very generous offer, you will very likely lose 2 of ur top 4 keepers. If I understand correctly, u will only get a 2nd for 4th rounder in return? You are really challenging urself lol. Could you please post your final roster here? Thx

So besides me drafting first in the redraft, I would only ask for a 4th round pick for 2nd round pick swap in my favor. Doesn't do much good in creating parity if I ask for too much and I already know I would be giving up a lot but it be a nice challenge.

My end of Season roster was:

Stephen Curry
    Larry Nance Junior
    Cody Zeller
    Willy Hernangomez
    Myles Turner
    Danilo Gallinari
    Evan Fournier
    Nerlens Noel
    Russel Westbrook
    Isaiah Thomas
    Taurean Prince
    Brandan Wright
    T.J . McConnell
    Trevor Booker
    Patty Mills

Knowing you @lilstinkylynx, you'll be back to the top in no time at all. :)

@wesbaedke said:
    Knowing you @lilstinkylynx, you'll be back to the top in no time at all. :)

You have way too much faith. LOL

With the earlier start to the season, do we want to bump our draft up a week or leave the start date in that second week of September?

I think we can keep it and should still finish in time as long as everyone is active. Plus, once keepers are declared, all managers are free to draft. They just aren't obligated to the 24 time period. The space was meant to allow for trades or movement if teams desired. But I'm open to moving it earlier if everyone else is cool with it.

@jasonuoft Hey buddy, @boyet401 has till the end of today to respond. If not, it's pretty safe to say we can move on. I've reached out on multiple avenues but have yet to get a response. Let your friend know I'll set the mini draft page up tomorrow morning and will be making my first pick. If he has any change requests in regards to the terms I layed out he can feel free to mention them on the board today. I don't want to drag this out any longer than it needs to be.

For everyone else in the league, please post those keepers even if the due date isn't here yet. You can always change it but it be nice for me to get a tentative list together on the draft board. I love fantasy but my wife and 19month old don't understand why I do. Lol.

@boyet401 did not check in and has officially been replaced. @jasonuoft should have his buddy checking in today and the mini draft will be on it's way.

Keepers are due Sept. 3. I'm hoping that gives all managers enough time to make and strategize all the moves they plan on making. @Tek feel free to start the draft off right after. Again, no one will be tied down to the 24hr clock till the official date but please keep in mind that the season is being moved up earlier this year and we need to finish this draft in a time manner and allow some time for me or @wesbaedke to enter the rosters. So please...

1. Don't use up the whole 24hr time.
    2. Send a list of picks to a manager to post if you know you'll be away for an extended period of time so we can move the draft along. As we all know, you can always send it to me and I'm pretty on top of everything.
    3. Have fun and let the wagers and trades flow. (I lost only one wager last ear so I'm pretty happy about that... need some solace for not winning the league last year.)
    4. Post comments and keep the league interesting. All write ups appreciated.
    5. @dasein You by far should be the favorite heading into this season, but I plan on taking you down.

@lilstinkylynx Confirmed new manager will only take ur 6th for his 2nd round pick, for ur generosity for the mini draft. Thanks.

@jasonuoft said:
    @lilstinkylynx Confirmed new manager will only take ur 6th for his 2nd round pick, for ur generosity for the mini draft. Thanks.

I don't have a 6th. My 5.11 will have to do. LOL

Draft has also been updated to reflect our new Manager who just got access to our league and should be checking in real soon. Welcome @naveen

Thanks @jasonuoft for your assistance in finding a manager and moving this mini draft along.

Mini draft done!!!

• naveennaveen Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 10

Looking forward to playing with everyone this year!

Just a reminder that keepers are due next Sunday. I will be updating the posted keepers onto our league draft page tonight or tomorrow and will finalize them at the deadline. NBA season is starting earlier so I am just hoping every stays on top of the draft so we can finish in time. @Tek Feel free to pick immediately if you like. I'm sure you have been as eager as myself to get this going.

@bricks Are you receiving the PMs I am sending you?

yes, I'm just Fielding/looking at offers from others. will post keepers in a day or two