Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

General Discussion

Comments

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 413

I'm fine with that.

• wesbaedkewesbaedke Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 119

Sounds like a good idea.

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 413

Stupid question, but can we assume keepers are frozen end of day on 8/31? Assuming we'd use Yahoo fantasy end-of-day which is effectively 3AM 9/1 Eastern time? In other words, about 28.5 hours left?

Thanks!

• lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 361

@DaRuhl said:
    Stupid question, but can we assume keepers are frozen end of day on 8/31? Assuming we'd use Yahoo fantasy end-of-day which is effectively 3AM 9/1 Eastern time? In other words, about 28.5 hours left?

Thanks!

Yup. Great question btw.

Also, as it stands, the 2015-2016 Draft Thread has a list of all keepers posted and I'll finalize on Tuesday morning. Makes searching for players easier. The draft will be updated by myself and Wes as regularly as we can to make it easier for all managers.

I'm still debating my last keeper...might change tomorrow. :)

@wesbaedke said:
    I'm still debating my last keeper...might change tomorrow. :)

Lol. It's lucky to have that luxury. I don't have another player worth considering.

@lilstinkylynx said:
    Lol. It's lucky to have that luxury. I don't have another player worth considering.

Right...you wish you had a couple mediocre keepers to decide between.

@wesbaedke said:
    Right...you wish you had a couple mediocre keepers to decide between.

:D ;)

@boyet401 said:
    is bosh going to be a keeper?

Doesn't look like it. I think (Well I know) he had plans to make a big trade and either Bosh was a part of those plans or a part of the after plans but I'm guessing it never came to fruition. With that said, he still has the best keeper core so I'm happy it didn't work out for @sald0gg . LOL

• boyet401boyet401 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Philippine All-Star League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 262

@lilstinkylynx said:
    Doesn't look like it. I think (Well I know) he had plans to make a big trade and either Bosh was a part of those plans or a part of the after plans but I'm guessing it never came to fruition. With that said, he still has the best keeper core so I'm happy it didn't work out for sald0gg . LOL

agree he has the best keeper core. good thing bosh got left out.

anyways, looking forward to the draft. please excuse me if i take a bit of time to make my picks. i am halfway around the globe from the US (12 hours ahead of ET) so i may be asleep or at work when you make your picks.

@boyet401 said:
    anyways, looking forward to the draft. please excuse me if i take a bit of time to make my picks. i am halfway around the globe from the US (12 hours ahead of ET) so i may be asleep or at work when you make your picks.

No worries. You'll still be held to the 24 hour time limit though

Keepers locked. Draft thread is updated. @Tek is free to kick off the draft if he likes, but draft becomes official on Sept. 8. Good luck gentleman. The road for three begins...

Remember to send a message to the next manager in line so we can keep things moving forward. Good luck all!

@wesbaedke said:
    Remember to send a message to the next manager in line so we can keep things moving forward. Good luck all!

Make sure it's a private message guys and not a wall message since most of us don't have it set up to receive a notification for wall messages.

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 937

Looks like momentum is building for a new salary cap root league. If you are familiar with the SCL, it would operate in a similar manner. Multiyear contracts decided by auction. Not sure how big the league will be but I would aim for 12-16 teams. Let me know if you're interested.

Rosters have been loaded and waiver order is updated on Yahoo. In case you want to make some early roster changes, the first round of waivers will process on Oct 2nd.

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 937

@wesbaedke said:
    Rosters have been loaded and waiver order is updated on Yahoo. In case you want to make some early roster changes, the first round of waivers will process on Oct 2nd.

hmmm...all the rosters were empty when I looked just now.

nevermind. i moved the day forward by one and I can see mine now. weird

@dasein Yeah it messed me up for a little while too. Weird indeed.

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 317

Prognostications anyone??

I finish top 3 for the fourth straight season.
    Eric Gordon plays 80 games and finishes top 75.
    @baller7037 nabs a Keeper quality of Waivers.
    @Phil_OPastry trades away two of the players he picked in the first round before season end.
    @wesbaedke surprisingly will go into rebuild mode this season.

• baller7037baller7037 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 39

baller7037 finishes in last place this year

@lilstinkylynx said:
    Phil_OPastry trades away two of the players he picked in the first round before season end.

I can see that happening. For first round picks next year, of course and middling talent.

@lilstinkylynx said:

One of the players I drafted will end up in the top 25 in cumulative value.
    Khris Middleton won't crack top 50 in cumulative value.

So...still holding onto that betting slip?

@dasein said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

One of the players I drafted will end up in the top 25 in cumulative value.
    Khris Middleton won't crack top 50 in cumulative value.

So...still holding onto that betting slip?

Yup. Can't get them all right but got to stick with them once you make them. Lol

In another keeper league I'm in- that used to have the same keeper system as here- we recently moved to having a "price" for each keeper. So each year everyone gets a "pick" for every roster spot (like a redraft) and every keeper costs you one pick. You can choose to keep the maximum number of keepers, but you don't have to. We've found that this has been a change for the better as it increases competitive balance by making it easier for teams with crappy rosters to improve quickly.

Wondering if this might be a good idea for this league. Basically, you could choose to keep 5 players, in which case your 1st pick would be in round 6 the same as it is now. Or you could choose to only keep 4 (or less), and have your first pick in round 5 (or higher)- before the guys who keep 5 players. Make sense?

Generally, I think keeper leagues work best when there is some form of cost for keeping a player. Just putting this out there.

2016 -2017 Draft thread has been updated. Sal beat out Jason and Tek Beat out Wes in randomized pick selection to get higher pick in draft.

Man, i suck at tanking! Never again!! :)

@wesbaedke said:
    Man, i suck at tanking! Never again!! :)

Haha. Tanking has its place. I just wish we could somehow enact a mandatory player played minimum. It sucks for other managers who factored in To's as a CAT (since it is) and be sunk by players not actually being played.

Haha. Tanking has its place. I just wish we could somehow enact a mandatory player played minimum. It sucks for other managers who factored in To's as a CAT (since it is) and be sunk by players not actually being played.

True. So why not, you know, enact a games played minimum. It's not like it difficult to use up your games when we have no real restrictions on add-drops.

Easy enough to have a penalty whereby your draft spot drops or you loose lottery balls or something for not making the threshold.

I'd set an 800 game minimum I think.

5 keepers gentleman. Any 5 you desire from your squad.

edited June 2016

@baller7037 said:
    1. emmanuel mudiay
    2. D'Angelo Russel
    3. zach lavine
    4. victor olidipo
    5. Mirza Teletovic/Brandon Knight/Evan Fournier/Deandre Jordan

Mirza? Fournier? You must be kidding right?

nope those are my options for 5th keeper unless i get a trade

Can all managers who are planning on staying please post there tentative keepers. That would give me an idea how managers I might need to replace. I'll work on sending out reminder emails but I'm awfully busy these days w/ a six month old so any help would be appreciated.

Paul George
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Klay Thompson
    Jokic/Wiggins/Gobert/Isaiah Thomas/Gallo/Thad/Harris/Nurkic.

Everyone is available. Seeking pick upgrades. Send offers as these players are better than most being kept!

Can I just say the Westbrook will be an absolute beast this coming season.

My estime for KD just plummeted. Go play in the Chinese league if you want guaranteed titles. Super lame.

All managers will be returning so that is wonderful. I wanted to throw out some dates in regards to the draft. What does everyone think about the official draft date being Friday Sept 9 at 12am Eastern. That would give us the weekend to really get a lot of picks going. Keepers will be due by Sunday Sept. 4th at 11:59pm. Similar to last season, managers can make their picks prior to the official start date as they please without any time constraints till the original draft date starts. Thoughts? Any other date preferred?

With a message board draft, time/date is not critical so that's fine by me.

Agree...the date/time works. Glad to have everyone back. Good luck!

Any thoughts on the Myles for Lillard trade. For me I saw too much redundancy on my team and having Lillard only post top 20 due to efficiency issues made me shoot for the moon with Myles. Having no picks and gaining one back also helped but I feel like I took a loss on the trade personally for the next two seasons at least.

edited August 2016

I also know I gave up a grip to get Westbrook but I'm feeling like I made out on that trade now... >:)

Yeah, I was pretty surprised you let Lillard go that cheaply, especially after the multiple picks you were asking from me. Turner isn't really a keeper for a win now team imo. Maybe a 50-50 chance he ends up as a top 60 player this season? Also there was no real need to rush a trade through now. That trade would have still been there come the draft and I think you could have easily done better had you shopped harder/waited till after the keeper deadline.

All good points. Unfortunately, when you're at the top it's hard to make moves. Also, people seem to value their picks a lot this season for some reason. I just really thought was overkill on my team. Westbrook's efficiency is going to drop a grip and I really couldn't handle both guys. But I did sell cheap. I agree. Then again, I go hard after players I really want and I really wanted Myles.

Plus you didn't counter. Lol. So I had no way to even come to some middle ground.

Yeah. but I thought what you were asking for was reasonable. It just didn't make sense for me at that time. Had I known a prospect who couldn't crack the top 80 last year and a 2 round pick swap would get it done, I would have taken it more seriously. :)

Haha. Personally a second pick was the best I thought I could do since no one was letting go of their first. There were only a handful of guys that I saw long term potential in a keeper league I was willing to reach for. After all, no risk no reward. Plus I didn't expect to repeat this season so I just wanted to get players I wanted to follow during the season. Just goes to show that it doesn't hurt to counter. Lol. Got to keep it interesting for myself somehow.

@sald0gg will need to forgo our league this year. Another original member bites the dust. Anyone know of any friends who might want to take over his monstrous team. Let me know ASAP. Will be posting in the classifieds to find a replacement as well.

• baller7037baller7037 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 39

not available sept 4 through the 9th so i drafted now.

@baller7037 said:
    not available sept 4 through the 9th so i drafted now.

Lol.

You love your Lakers.