Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2016 - 2017 Draft Discussion

13»

Comments

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,006
  • baller7037baller7037 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 59

fine by me as well. anyone want to bet me my 1st pick next season for their 1st I do not finish last place. if I lose i will give them my 1st pick for their 3rd pick and if I win i get their 1st pick for my 2nd pick. any takers?

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 368

Hmm... I'd love to, however, as there are always teams tanking, playing a fraction of the games for each position it's a hard bet to win.

• lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 461

Doesn't seem like anyone will really object so I'll just wait for @DaRuhl to respond to my minor tweak of the proposal.

edited September 2016

@baller7037 said:
    fine by me as well. anyone want to bet me my 1st pick next season for their 1st I do not finish last place. if I lose i will give them my 1st pick for their 3rd pick and if I win i get their 1st pick for my 2nd pick. any takers?

ok i will tweek offer, I will not finish bottom 3(10th -12th place). anyone want to take bet. how about you lilstinkylynx? I am open to suggestions of what you will take as a bet

@baller7037 said:

@baller7037 said:

ok i will tweek offer, I will not finish bottom 3(10th -12th place). anyone want to take bet. how about you lilstinkylynx? I am open to suggestions of what you will take as a bet

Haha. I'd take that bet but I guess we'd have to work out the details.

• TekTek Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 79

Ben Simmons fractured foot :(
    2 months min. recovery, not that bad but not great. Very happy I handcuffed Saric.

@Tek said:
    Ben Simmons fractured foot :(
    2 months min. recovery, not that bad but not great. Very happy I handcuffed Saric.

I'm counting on you to be among the top 5 to win my bet with @DaRuhl if we can come to an agreement. LOL

@lilstinkylynx said:

@baller7037 said:

@baller7037 said:

Hey, since my 1st and 2nd are kind of locked up with this possible bet with @DaRuhl , I'll simplify my bet with you... How about we swap 5th and 6th round picks. If you are bottom three I get your 5th for my 6th. If you are outside the bottom three then you get my 5th for your 6th. Let me know if that works @baller7037

• wesbaedkewesbaedke Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 140

Draft Recap:

@tonym >> Best Pick: Ryan Anderson [3.9] - New landing spot for Ryno on a team where he should be able to get 30+ minutes and thrive in the D'Antoni system. A top 60 season not out of the question. Worst Pick: Darren Collison [1.9] - Not sure if the suspension news had reached tonym but Collison definitely went a few rounds too early. Overall: No second round pick hurt and not a ton of upside players.

@DaRuhl >> Best Pick: Marc Gasol [1.11] - Yes a lot of mileage, not much upside but always a solid roto player and early indication is that the foot is healed. Worst Pick: Luol Deng [6.2] - Strange fit in LA with the youth movement in full force. Little upside and hard to see him keeping consistent minutes in the second half of the season. Overall: Bogut, Fournier solid in addition to Gasol but several other players trending down.

@bricks >> Best Pick: Robert Covington [4.6] - Big bump after the Simmons injury. Fills a big need for bricks with his elite 3's. Worst Pick: Plumlee [6.6] - He had some moments last year but the front court is stacked in Portland and seemed like better options available in rd 6. Overall: Solid draft with good mix of value and upside. TJ Warren is a tasty pick in round eight.

@boyet401 >> Best Pick: Justise Winslow [6.8] - Wanted him at 6.10 but he didn't quite make it to me. Bosh news came out soon after...Winslow should benefit the most. Worst Pick: Buddy Hield [1.5] - Opportunity? Yes...but seems like a really risky pick this early. I think the chance that he is a keeper next year is slim. Overall: I like the Jabari pick and Hollis-Jeff is intriguing but not much more to get excited about.

@ddomrow >> Best Pick: Rudy Gay [3.4] - Yes he's disgruntled but the talent is still there and if he can find his happy place (even if he doesn't) taking him in third round is great value. Worst Pick: Chris Bosh [5.4] - Feel bad for Bosh...it's hard to think that a team will want to bring in someone with his condition. Despite his comments about not being done, I think his career is over. Overall: I like the Dragic pick and solid value for Beal at 4.9. I'm higher on Knight and Rose then most.

@baller7037 >> Best Pick: Kris Dunn [7.1] - Love this kid's talent and owning Zach LaVine, this pick (later in the draft) makes a lot of sense to grab and stash. Worst Pick: Jo Noah [6.1] - Don't hate the pick but hard to believe he has anything left. Seems more like a late round flier as opposed to an early 6th rounder to me. Overall: Baller loves to focus on young upside players and this year was no different so he gets bonus points for sticking with his philosophy.

@dasein >> Best Pick: Harrison Barnes [4.3] - How good is HB? Was he marginalized in GS with Klay and Draymond? We will soon know but I think the breakout potential is there in Dallas. Worst Pick: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist [6.3] - Seems like we've been waiting forever for MKG to become relevant...I've given up hope but maybe I'm wrong. Overall: Solid picks that fit with his keepers. Will likely need to find more assists. Olynyk at 7.10 is a sneaky good pick.

@phil_opastry >> Best Pick: Jrue Holiday [4.7] - Was mentioned earlier...definitely one of the best grabs in the draft. Unsure how his family situation will work out but he's not injured and my guess is he's back sooner rather then later. Worst Pick: Devin Booker [1.10] - Love the kid and think his future is really bright...just taken a little early (and all of his other picks are hard to nitpick). Overall: Best in class. Very well constructed draft from top to bottom.

@jasonuoft >> Best Pick: Pau Gasol [1.12] - New digs for Paul but should be well liked by Pop and a good fit in SA. Not a sexy pick but he's always a solid roto play. Worst Pick: Dwyane Wade [3.8] - Clearly his best days are long past and I don't see him making much of an impact (especially fantasy-wise) in Chicago. Overall: Will likely need either Okafor or Capela to breakout and help those big man stats. Big question mark on how Rondo will fit with Butler & Wade.

@lilstinkylynx >> Best Pick: Marcus Smart [5.8] - Haven't been a big fan of Smart but all signs point to a breakout year and the price was right. Worst Pick: Danilo Gallinari [2.5] - Steep price to pay for FT%. From an efficiency standpoint it makes sense but seems like injuries are always a certainty for Gallo. Overall: Nobody had a tougher draft situation with no first rounder and only one pick in the first 35. Despite that small issue (ha!) I think he did a good job grabbing the necessary fits to his keepers.

@Tek >> Best Pick: Dirk Nowitzki [2.11] - Although he's another year older, Dirk will still produce solid roto numbers and should is a lock for top 75 value...much better then where he was drafted. Worst Pick: Matt Barnes [7.2] - I know Tek mentioned his justification for the pick but the fact of the matter is that Barnes wasn't going to be on anybody's radar until the last round. Overall: Pretty thin at SG and C...the injury to Simmons definitely hurts.

Me >> Having Drummond slide to me at 2:10 was a nice benefit with Blake and Noel as keepers. Also was very happy getting Harris at 3.3 and Payton at 5.3. Not as confident with my Heat selections...Josh Richardson and Tyler Johnson...I will definitely be interested to see how things shake out there.

@lilstinkylynx said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

@baller7037 said:

@baller7037 said:

Hey, since my 1st and 2nd are kind of locked up with this possible bet with @DaRuhl , I'll simplify my bet with you... How about we swap 5th and 6th round picks. If you are bottom three I get your 5th for my 6th. If you are outside the bottom three then you get my 5th for your 6th. Let me know if that works @baller7037

i'll take that bet with you. anyone want to wager their 1st round pick

• jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 125

What a great way to spice up the season by betting on finishing position with picks!
    Since most envision me finishing out of top 5, I would like to wager my 2nd round for someone's 4th and vice versa, for finishing top 4.
    First taker gets it!

I'll pretty much bet on anything (except winning the league) regarding my team and am open to offers

edited October 2016

I would take your offer @jasonuoft if I had a second round to wager. Lol

edited October 2016

@jasonuoft said:
    What a great way to spice up the season by betting on finishing position with picks!
    Since most envision me finishing out of top 5, I would like to wager my 2nd round for someone's 4th and vice versa, for finishing top 4.
    First taker gets it!

If I don't get a response from @DaRuhl today... I'll take your offer buddy. Lol. Not that I don't believe you can finish top 4, but 4-6 has the most variance imo

@lilstinkylynx said:

@jasonuoft said:
    First taker gets it!

If I don't get a response from @DaRuhl today... I'll take your offer buddy. Lol. Not that I don't believe you can finish top 4, but 4-6 has the most variance imo

Let's do 3rd for 5th then. Deal?

@jasonuoft said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

@jasonuoft said:
    First taker gets it!

Let's do 3rd for 5th then. Deal?

Haha. Deal. I'm sure I can alter my bet with @baller7037 to a 4th and 6th round swap.

So... basically you have to finish top 4 correct? I'm all in on that. Should make the league more competitive and interesting. Everyone has something to play for.

Updated the trades/wagers portion to have a log that I can more easily search through when setting up the draft thread next season. Man, can't believe my picks 3-6 all locked up in wagers and #1 and #2 might be added to that list. Crazy!!! I either dominate next season or fall real flat... LOL

@dasein Any insights or prognostications for this season and the draft?

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,006

Maybe when the rosters are loaded into Yahoo. I can't tell much from eyeballing the rosters on here.

@dasein said:
    Maybe when the rosters are loaded into Yahoo. I can't tell much from eyeballing the rosters on here.

Ask and you shall receive. Rosters entered and waivers edited. Please let me know if there are any mistakes.

@lilstinkylynx said:

@dasein said:

Ask and you shall receive. Rosters entered and waivers edited. Please let me know if there are any mistakes.

Pretty sure I should have harden, Westbrook, Whiteside, Curry and Durant on my team....

@Phil_OPastry said:

@lilstinkylynx said:

@dasein said:

Pretty sure I should have harden, Westbrook, Whiteside, Curry and Durant on my team....

LOL. You may by seasons end...

This discussion has been closed.