Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online3

jb510
jb510
lilstinkylynx
lilstinkylynx
Phil_OPastry
Phil_OPastry
The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2016 - 2017 Draft Discussion

Comments

• TekTek Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 72
    edited September 2016

LOL. Hilarious

LOL. Hilarious

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 347

:p

Actually a little surprised Beal was still available. What's the over/under for games played this season?

• jasonuoftjasonuoft Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 107

I bind assumed Bradley Beal was taken too .. Damn .. Geat value in round 9

• lilstinkylynxlilstinkylynx Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 437

@jasonuoft said:
    I bind assumed Bradley Beal was taken too .. Damn .. Geat value in round 9

But more importantly, how do you feel about your 10 man roster?

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 449

@dasein said:
    Bradley Beal - so good you gotta draft him twice :p

lol

edited September 2016

A wild CB4 appears from the bushes. B)

• DaRuhlDaRuhl Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 449

I really like the Jrue pick - perfect for somebody who has already filled up their team.

Bosh is definitely high risk, high reward - but about the right time for him to be taken...

ROUND 2
    2.1 Jasonuoft [acquired Via Trade] - Rajon Rondo

I'm guessing when this pick was made, @jasonuoft was hoping for Rondo to have solid FG% at the PG position to make up for his teams weak FG core or not hurt it at least. Scoring is already a strong suit on this team so Rondo's lack of is no issue. Steals is where I think this pick makes the most sense since Lillard and the rest of this team is deficient in this cat. Obviously the TO from Rondo adds to an already budding problem for this team but the A/TO ratio makes it palpable.

2.2 DaRuhl - Evan Fournier

Efficiency, efficiency, efficiency. Man, Good percentages from the Sg position is hard but Fournier is able to do it. This fits very well with @DaRuhl team build already. Low TOs are already built into this squad so that cat is almost a complete ignore going forward because it will never be a concern. Add the increased scoring and out of position assists from increased opportunity due to lack of ball handling on the Magic team and this is a wonderful pick.

2.3 Dasein - Nikola Mirotic

I like this pick. I totally get it but I'm not sure what will actually happen on this bulls team. He should have great open looks from all the good passers on the team and the ability for Rose and Jimmy to drive and kick. Not to mention Rondo is great at finding the open man. With that said, will he stay on the court enough due to his lack of D? Guess we will see.

2.4 Phil O'Pastry [Acquired Via Trade] - Jae Crowder

Big fan of Jae and I don't see why he can't repeat what he did. Sure the scoring will drop a bit but that's not what you drafted him for. Those across the board roto friendly stats is what you want and get with Jae. With that said, seems like there are a plethora of guys who do this now that can be drafted later. Then again, getting a guy who produces top 30 in the 7th round is win win win.

2.5 Lilstinkylynx [Acquired Via Trade] - Danilo Gallinari

I just need him to make it through a season. Lol

2.6 Bricks - Steven Adams

Personally a bit early for my taste. But it's a keeper league and youth and opportunity should always play a factor and Adams fits the bill. I prefer Kanter over Adams but team build wise this makes more sense for @Bricks so no qualms there. He needed rebounds and Blocks while building on FG and lowering the TOs on the team. His FT% was already strong enough to take Adams hit so solid pick.

2.7 Phil O'Pastry - Enes Kanter

Man I think he's going to be huge this season. Again, upside galore. You don't get the blocks you want out of the C position but man those points, rebounds, and wonderful percentages are going to come in the boatloads. Think LaMarcus Aldridge light. Well maybe Medium.

2.8 Boyet401 - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Another Jae Crowder type player with less scoring ability at the moment. The big difference here is how bad Brooklyn is and the mad amount of playtime opportunity this kid has. His summer league and FT uppage is what I liked the most. I see no downside to this pick and only upside. Love!!! Keeper in the making for this team.

2.9 Ddomrow - Brandon Knight

Probably my least fave pick of this round. Knight seems like the odd man out. Bledsoe has to play and get his. Barring any injury to Bledsoe (but that seems unlikely) I don't see how much run Knight gets. It's not like he's efficient anyways. Booker is the one this team wants to develop and it will come at the expense of Knight. Maybe @ddomrow can let me in on his thoughts for this pick.

2.10 Wesbaedke - Andre Drummond

Man, if @wesbaedke goes Ft punt build then the value here is out of control. Per my argument for @baller7037 and keeping DeAndre, I feel if you draft Drummond then you should really consider punting. If not, I just don't see how you can compete realistically with the negative that these guys carry in one cat.

2.11 TekOpp - Dirk Nowitzki

I believe @Tek is in win now mode after a nice rebuild last season so picking Dirk who has at least one more decent season out of him as shown by his production last season is alright as a pick by me. With that said, he's going to be rested more this season so you have to draft later knowing you need to sub someone to make up for that lost of production that comes with total games played.

2.12 Baller7037 - Otto Porter

I know people seem to love Otto and his opportunity but tbh, this is a meh pick for me. I'm betting against any real growth and any chance he ends up a keeper. Felt other guys should have been drafted ahead of him but I'd like to say I think @baller7037 has made some great picks this season. Baller just really needs to hopefully consolidate his assets, build a team strategy (team for that matter... 10 PGs!!!), and try to compete for once. Being bottom of the barrel season in and season out must be taxing.

• bricksbricks Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Heroes Keeper League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 119

Danny Green for the bounce back hehehe

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 956

Good pick. I gotta say, bricks' drafting makes his team much more threatening than his predecessor's did. Never understood why that guy insisted on drafting rookies continuously when he was starting off with like 4 first rounders.

@dasein said:
    Good pick. I gotta say, bricks' drafting makes his team much more threatening than his predecessor's did. Never understood why that guy insisted on drafting rookies continuously when he was starting off with like 4 first rounders.

totally agree!

Looks like @Phil_OPastry and @jasonuoft will be doing some write ups. Anyone else planning chiming in. Always nice to read and look back and see how right or wrong we all were. I was extremely off last season but some trades and pick ups + Curry helped make up for my horrendous draft and analysis.

• bricksbricks Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Heroes Keeper League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 119

To add to the round 2 commentary above, here is my take (different spin) on the round. Normally at the start of the fantasy season I would make my own projections on where the player will end up in the rankings at the end of the season. I would give the player a HIGH (potential ceiling) and LOW (probable floor under normal circumstances) number on where they could end up. My highly analytical (or not, in other words a ‘guess’ LOL) model is based on the players past rankings, role this coming season, and effect of teammates (new or old). Some players would have a highly divergent high-low projection which would likely indicate the volatility of the player or the team he is in.

Round 2 projections with some of my quick notes:

2.1 Rajon Rondo – projected rank 100-120
    Notes: new team; last season’s resurgence likely one off.

2.2 Evan Fournier – 50-70
    Notes: Oladipo gone

2.3 Nikola Mirotic – 80-100
    Notes: contract yr however cap by gibson and portis

2.4 Jae Crowder – 40-50
    Notes: likely not to last years’ high; horford added

2.5 Danilo Gallinari – 70-85
    Notes: no complete seasons, drop 10-20 spots

2.6 Steven Adams – 60-80
    Notes: last 2mos-103; Ibaka now gone

2.7 Enes Kanter – 60-75
    Notes: Ibaka now gone; low blocks for big

2.8 Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 55-80
    Notes: now starter; JJ and ellington gone; potential

2.9 Brandon Knight – 100-130
    Notes: high TO

2.10 Andre Drummond – 80-120
    Notes: FT killer

2.11 Dirk Nowitzki – 55-70
    Notes: 38years old; solid but likely slow down inevitable

2.12 Otto Porter – 50-70
    Notes: contract year

Note this does not factor in long term potential or projection more than the end of the one season. Thus a player could still be developing this season and have a low projection but could be a stud the year after.

Please do rub it in my face at the end of the season on how far out my projections are =)

agree with most of bricks predictions.

minor quibbles would be that I think hollis-Jefferson is a bit optimistic (worse best case, much worse worst case) and I'd give some of the younger / just entering their prime guys a bit better best cases.

still, it made me wonder if I should have taken crowder. if a good case for Fournier is a bad case for crowder, maybe I made the wrong pick....

@DaRuhl said:

still, it made me wonder if I should have taken crowder. if a good case for Fournier is a bad case for crowder, maybe I made the wrong pick....

If it makes you feel better, I had Fournier ever so slightly ahead of Crowder on my board. You drafting Fournier sealed my choice of Crowder for me.

edited September 2016

Round 3...

3.1 Baller7037 - Jordan Clarkson
    @baller7037 not a terrible pick. I was a little surprised to see you draft another guard. Have you considered just calling your team "The Young Lakers"? Joking aside I expect Clarkson to out perform this draft slot (with the caveat:) so long as Russell doesn't go full out Kobe. I think Clarkson will probably be the most roto friendly Laker this year.

3.2 TekOpp - Kent Bazemore
    @Tek This is probably my least favorite pick this round - pretty much for the same reason as @lilstinkylynx spoke about my Crowder selection. I think there were better players on the board. I like his across the board production and see how he fits with your team - I do wonder if he would have been available later.

3.3 Wesbaedke - Gary Harris
    @wesbaedke not much to say. I LOVE Gary Harris and was fortunate enough to have him last year - the kid improved across the board in his sophmore season and is criminally underrated. I think he's going to solidify himself as a great roto SG this season and will easily out perform his ADP. Huge keeper potential. 3's, steals, great percentages and I expect more assists.

3.4 Ddomrow - Rudy Gay
    @ddomrow I am negatively biased. I am a Raptor fan and saw the very worst of Gay. He is forever on my DND list. Great upside and a premier forward. Should live up to this spot no problem and brings top 45 upside.

3.5 Boyet401 - Jabari Parker
    @boyet401 I like this pick a lot. Parker killed it at the end of last season and built a great chemistry with Giannis. Parker's FG% is stupid good and I expect him to take a giant leap forward. If he starts nailing 3's congrats - you've just got yourself a top 30 player.

3.6 Phil O'Pastry - George Hill
    Was a safe pick for me and gives me another point guard. I'm not expecting a top 50 return, but I am expecting him to thrive in Snyder's system - top 70-85 is what I expect.

3.7 Bricks - Avery Bradley
    @bricks point guard scarcity and a defined role on the Celtics. A great source of 3's and steals. The Celtic media have being reporting he's been working on his play making which would be a nice addition to his game.

3.8 Jasonuoft - Dwyane Wade
    @jasonuoft I'll be honest, I have no idea what to expect from Wade this season. The pairing with Rondo is awkward at best, due to their contentious play-off history/fights and the fact that both of them, along with Butler are ball dominant players. I am not sure how that wing and guard play will work out. Drafting at 92... this could be a pretty damn good pick - the risk is worth it.

3.9 Tonym - Ryan Anderson
    @tonym this is my favorite pick this round easily. Ryno and D'Antoni are made for each other. If he can stay healthy I think this could be a throw back top 20 player. 3's on that offense and rebounds will be abundant. Plus I expect him to get minutes at the 5. I think 70 is his floor this season and I expect big things from him.

3.10 Dasein - Rodney Hood
    @tonym like the pick and the kid a lot. He has keeper written all over him. My only concern is the additions of Hill, Joe Johnson and the return of Burks from injury. On any other team Hood would be "the man". I love this kid's upside.

3.11 DaRuhl - Thaddeus Young
    @DaRuhl this is in line with yout team building. I like Thad, I just don't know what to expect on a very deep Pacers team. I expect Jefferson and Turner to start. Thad was dynamite last season down the stretch. I see low floor and low ceiling. A safe pick.

3.12 Lilstinkylynx - Jeremy Lin
    @lilstinkylynx I like Lin for this year as he's expected to be the man with Lopez. His stats have been great when stars have been injured around him. I expect him to have a career year and put up top 50 value. My concerns with him are 3 fold.
    1. Turnovers.... eek.
    2. FG% - I wonder how he will do on such a bad team when he's getting double and triple teamed.
    3. Ouch... even more turnovers - refer to #2.
    He might be much better suited for head to head than roto. A great gamble for a team as loaded as yours.

edited September 2016

@Phil_OPastry said:
    Round 3...

3.12 Lilstinkylynx - Jeremy Lin
    @lilstinkylynx I like Lin for this year as he's expected to be the man with Lopez. His stats have been great when stars have been injured around him. I expect him to have a career year and put up top 50 value. My concerns with him are 3 fold.
    1. Turnovers.... eek.
    2. FG% - I wonder how he will do on such a bad team when he's getting double and triple teamed.
    3. Ouch... even more turnovers - refer to #2.
    He might be much better suited for head to head than roto. A great gamble for a team as loaded as yours.

I agree on all points here except the double and triple team portion. Common, no one is double or triple teaming a little Asian baller from Harvard. Think about the lost in bball Cred if that happened. ;)

edited September 2016

Gay is forever on my DND list

Also a Raps fan and can't agree more with you here, however 100% he's getting traded before deadline, which only hurts his value.

3.11 DaRuhl - Thaddeus Young
    @DaRuhl this is in line with yout team building. I like Thad, I just don't know what to expect on a very deep Pacers team. I expect Jefferson and Turner to start. Thad was dynamite last season down the stretch. I see low floor and low ceiling. A safe pick.

If you thought that was in line with my team building, check out Luol Deng! :smile:

I expect Young will start over Jefferson. Pacers want to be play small and Turner + Jefferson on the court simultaneously is tough I think. I think he's a safe top-100 guy with upside to top-50 (but not much more than that). Not too bad for this point in the draft.

generally agree with your analysis though, that's all picking nits...

edited September 2016

Safety Pick in the 12th round.
    Expecting Barnes to get around 30 mins even with Gay on the roster.
    If/when Gay is traded this pick could be even better and didn't want to wait another round.

@DaRuhl Man the Middleton thing is a tough blow to your squad. You seriously had a legit chance to win it all this year. It's just that much tougher now.

edited September 2016

Agreed, not so happy about that one... :-(

edit: after re-projecting my team, I basically think I'm screwed this season... will need to think some more, but perhaps time to move towards a rebuild/punt the season

• boyet401boyet401 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Philippine All-Star League, League - Philippine All-Star League Posts: 262

@tonym said:
    5.6 Michael Carter-Williams

@dasein said:
    5.7 Kelly Olynyk

we're back to round 5?

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 956

Yeah, lets keep this thing going forever

edited September 2016

ROUND 4

4.1 Lilstinkylynx - Cody Zeller

I had just taken Lin with my prior pick and as I knew his TOs would be a problem, I was looking to counter that with this pick. There's upside with this pick and the departure of Al Jefferson. His replacement in Hibbert makes this pick even more tasty because we all know Hibbert isn't stealing as much playtime as Al Jefferson did and that wasn't much towards the end. Cody is not a sexy player by any means but he doesn't hurt you and my team needs a bit of that with some risky players I've decided to draft and keep as my core.

4.2 DaRuhl - Patrick Beverley

Wondering if @DaRuhl should have gone with another player for team build respects. His team is uber deficient in points and uber efficient in TOs. Makes sense with the players he has roster. As the draft goes deeper, certain CATs are much harder to come by. Steals and points come to mind as the top two. Patricks real life defensive prowess has always overshadowed is actual box score. He doesn't give that much in assists which is a major concern for this team as well. His threes are alright but not elite by any means. For that reason alone, I feel maybe he should have focused on a better scorer seeing how scarce that CAT gets late. We all know their are plenty of 3 point specialists late and witht he game moving more towards the three point line, the numbers of players to draft for that CAT has continued to increase as well. I know this may sound crazy, but ROSE on your team makes a lot of sense. Not saying you should have drafted him here because you could have had him later but he does fill a few gaps in your team.

4.3 Dasein - Harrison Barnes

For a team built on efficiency, this pick makes a lot of sense and there a low risk at this point in the draft. Not sure Harrison has it in hiom to do anything special but the Brass in Dallas will make sure he has every opportunity to. Parsons was a much better player but they decided to go with the guy without a history of breaking down. With that said, I don't see him finishing much higher than where he is picked and not much lower either.

4.4 Tonym - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

KCP finished at 86 in PER and 69 in TOTAL value based on BBM. We already know Stan is cutting his minutes and I feel like unless he ups his steals or 3PT% he will be regressing this season. BTW, another one of those effciency guys whose value is buoyed by 3s and low TOs.

4.5 Phil O'Pastry [Acquired Via Trade] - Jusuf Nurkic

Handcuff time for MR I finish completeing my team every season before the 3rd round finishes. In all seriousness though, this is less a handcuff and more just a great pick. They experimented last season w/ the Jokic and Nurkic combo and I expect they try it more so this season. Manimal is a waste and I'm sure they are trying every combo that limits his playtime. The only question here is How much time will Nurkic get. I feel he's the more polished of the two players and if it weren't for the injury he had to work through last season, he'd would have shown as much. all signs point to him being healthy and I expect he'll get a ncie run... even moreso that Nokic but I know I'm in the minority in that respect.

4.6 Bricks - Robert Covington

4.7 Phil O'Pastry [Acquired Via Trade] - Jrue Holiday

There is no reason why Jrue should have lasted this long. I only say that because currently there are only a handful of teams that viably can compete for the top spot. Jrue is a legit keeper and stud and only health holds him back. For a team like @baller7037 who loves drafting PGs, it made no sense for him to draft the guys he did over a Keeper who could turn his team around much faster. @Phil_OPastry now has a guy who if he makes it back in the second half of the season will give him a major push towards winning this season. He already filled out his roster early so landing this pick like he did is just ridiculous. Worst case is that he has a guy he trades for a future pick that doesn't hurt his chances to win this season in any way but can only help. BEST PICK OF THE DRAFT PERIOD!!!

4.8 Boyet401 - Robin Lopez

BORING!!! That's just my opinon of ROLO and not the pick. Great value at this point of the draft and the only big left who doesn't hurt you anywhere. He is the guy that will do all the dirty work and there will be plenty of that to go around in Chicago. I'm still not sure how all the pieces fit in Chicago but ROLO shouldn't be affected by it in any way. He should easily post what he did last season and I guess that's a bit BORING. LOL

4.9 Ddomrow - Bradley Beal

Man, how little love Beal gets. I've never been a fan and the fact he fell this far must mean most aren't either. With that said, to get this kind of scoring this late is a huge win. also, given that he's gotten paid and all the talk about how he isn't worth it... I feel he comes out with a chip on his shoulder and does some better than past things. Also, Wall may not be back and that all helps in some nice early production. Just remember to sell high on the kid since he wont be making it through the whole season.

4.10 Jasonuoft [Acquired Via Trade] - DeMarre Carroll

Another one of those efficiency guys that seem to be a plenty these days. I expect a nice bounce back and I feel like he slipped a bit too far. Sometimes we go off last years ranking too much and that hurts. He obviously has his faults and his FT drag being one of them. With that said, it's not an issue for @jasonuoft up to this point and the rest of his stats fit his team build needs... especially them steals and low TOs. I mean he was brought in to defend and spread the floor right?

4.11 TekOpp - Dwight Howard

Baffled by this pick to say the least. Singlehandedly he drags your FT to a point that can't be made up by his other contributions. He's on the decline and I still hate him for ebing a punk and shunning my Lakers eventhough it turned out be a good thing. Clint for a team as young as @Tek and the upside he has plus he can do what Dwight does basically minus the points seems to be a better pick if you're going to take that hit in FT's anyways.

4.12 Lilstinkylynx [Acquired Via Trade] - Wesley Matthews

Another guy who fell based on last season stats. Just look back all the seasons prior and we had a nice top 50 guy. I know there are concerns that he will never return to that form and that is all legit but guy still played 34 minutes last season and still hit 2.4 treys. Obviously he couldn't do what he used to do and we could see that improved towards seasons end. Plus, he has a much more capable passer in Bogut and Barnes (both came from a team all about ball movement) so that should all work in his favor to find more open looks. Not expecting anything crazy here but the value will be good. Not to mention, he's a baller and I feel he wants to remind people as much.

Interesting. Rose I think will be a mess though. And I feel quite fine about STL's.

PTS and AST looked a good bit better and TO a good bit worse when I made this pick (before Middleton injury)...

-DR

@DaRuhl said:
    Interesting. Rose I think will be a mess though. And I feel quite fine about STL's.

PTS and AST looked a good bit better and TO a good bit worse when I made this pick (before Middleton injury)...

-DR

I don't disagree with you about Rose being a mess but he will try to make it work. Contract year right? He wasn't brought over just to sit and watch others. I assume he'll do the right thing and slash and pass but I wouldn't take a risk on him LOL. I think relative to the other teams and the assists they had I thought you were a bit low and Beverley didn't seem to do much to help that. I know your team is almost built on assists by committee (I believe beyond the fact you though BOGUT was bes tplayer available... I'm sure his assists player a factor... or I could be totally off... LOL). The lost of Middleton definitely hurts and maybe a higher upside pick might have offset that a bit. I guess I feel Beverly was safe with little upside.

edited September 2016

I'm sure this is just oversight but @daruhl 24 hours is up and the next manager is free to draft. @dasein is on the clock now.

sorry for the slow pick. international travel, jet lag, work offsites, and after offsite drinks are toying with me right now....

all fair re: beverley. in the rankings I look at he finished ranked #80 for the season but 66/51/40 for the last 3 / 2 / 1 months of the season. I think that's a better measure since he had beaten out lawson by those points. So i can see him top 50 but not much beyond that.

generally i agree i've probably under-drafted upside players. I was more ok with that before. With effectively only 4 keepers and only one in the first two rounds I probably have the weakest keepers and need more upside.

good discussion - oh well!

-DSR

Finally got around to do a little writeup as promised to lilstinkylynx. I will share my drafting strategy for this year, why my pick each round, best and worst pick each round in terms of expected value in my opinion(not based on that particular team, too time consuming lol)

Everything changed when I accepted to trade Myles Turner for Lillard. I thought long and hard before pulling the trigger. I was super excited to draft Turner with my first pick last year as I firmly believed he will provide top 20 value for years to come, very likely top 5. But it will probably take at least 3years to reach his potential. On the other hand, Lillard probably peaked but will give me a chance to win this year, even though the efficiency of my keepers will nosedive. I will have glaring deficiency in FG% and TO, over abundance in 3s and FT%.  My hands are tied in the draft to have a shot at winning. Hey what the heck, I haven't won despite always finishing top 5, maybe this year! (hey lilstinkylynx, I am still open to reverse the trade and take Turner back, love that guy)

Round 1
    Best: Valanciaunas.  Can be boring at a glance but super efficient guy at age 24 only.  Really took over and dominated in playoff before getting injured. Everything pointing to finally getting the minutes he deserves this year. Possible 17/11/1.5/56%/79%

Worst: Darren Collison.  Effiicient stats but way too early for his low ceiling. Also personal issues could be distracting.  Almost not possible to become a keeper turning 30 year old. 
    I think Buddy Hield is too early too, But in a keeper league, hard to fault a first round pick given all the minutes he can handle.

My pick: Tobias Harris and Pau Gasol.  I try to strictly only use my first pick for keeper potential player.  Harris was returning top 30 value after the trade. At 24, I am hoping for further upside with this year 18pts/8reb/1.3/1stl/0.6blk/47%/85%
    I was really hoping to grab both Marc and Pau at the turn. That would put me in a great winning position. Seeing DuRul took Marc just before really made my heart sink.  I think Pau will regress a little but still return top 30 value, given how fantastic shape he had in Olympic and talking about joining next Olympic at 40 year old (??).   Losing Marc also led me to my worst pick in the whole draft for taking Rondo next, desperately hoping to boost some steals due to Lillard's inability in that department.

More to come, gotta get up real early tomorrow lol

edited September 2016

Round 2

Best: Mirotic.  He didn't have the breakout everyone expected and averaged only 25 mins. But it's gotta come. He averaged 2 3s, 0.9 stl, 0.7 blk last year. Given 30+ mins he can probably average 2.5 3s, 1.2 stl, 1 blk, comfortably in the 1/1/1 club.

Worst: Rondo/Knight.  Yes I hate my pick, more later.  Knight is very Brandon Jennings-esque with terrible efficiency, low assist/turnover ratio, and can really kill your team's FG%. With Phoneix developing Booker as their star, Knight seems to be the odd man out.  Knight is barely playable in standard size league IMHO.

My pick: Rondo. There are so many guys I like more than Rondo. In fact i almost never drafted Rondo in any single team in my playing history due to his lack of 3s, bad FT% and high turnover.  But up to this point my squad is behind on FG% and steals. Mulling over who can give me most steals without hurting much FG%, Rondo stood out. Hopefully he can just give up shooting 3s, and share the ball (turnover) with Wade and Butler. Not holding my breath though. I can probably get him a round later.

Round 3

Best: Rudy Gay.  Sure, hated name, grumpy and all. But he is still a rare talent that can give you 1/1/1 without hurting %. I bet he finishes with highest ranking among players taken in this round when it's all said and done.

Worst: Linsanity. Sorry bud, brave call for me to go against the draft master. I think Lin has way more name value and real player value than fantasy. He has vanilla stats across the board and hard to imagine a breakout.  I am rooting for him though.

My pick: Wade.  Again the good wade will give me great FG% and defensive stats i need.  But i am now exposed to the risk of total trainwreck of the all new Bull's backcourt.  Thats my 3rd aging former stars picked in a row. Officially in win now mode I am relying on Pau Rondo wade to maintain form and produce. If they all do, I have a good shot.

@jasonuoft said:
    Round 3

Worst: Linsanity. Sorry bud, brave call for me to go against the draft master. I think Lin has way more name value and real player value than fantasy. He has vanilla stats across the board and hard to imagine a breakout.  I am rooting for him though.

Haha. I haven't had a good draft in years... but my trades and pick ups have been awesome so I feel I'm deserving of a few extra worst picks. I mean my whole draft season was a mess. That said, I personally thought Lin was the best PG available in the draft at that point and I wanted my 3rd string guard to be a true PG... Not one of those spacers. Not expecting Linsanity by any means but I think he will be serviceable for my team. If all else fails... I'll just run to @baller7037 and trade for one of his 10 PGs... 10!!!

Is it 10 though ? I keep counting when you say that but it's only 6 if you count some of the SG's.

Sorry guys I've been traveling around Europe and between time zones, flights, wifi, trying to charge devices, etc. it's been tough to keep on time....

@Tek said:
    Is it 10 though ? I keep counting when you say that but it's only 6 if you count some of the SG's.

I'm horrible at adding. LOL.

• wesbaedkewesbaedke Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 133

@lilstinkylynx said:

@Tek said:

I'm horrible at adding. LOL.

But you're great at rounding up! Ha

• baller7037baller7037 Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 54

@lilstinkylynx said:

@jasonuoft said:
    Round 3

Haha. I haven't had a good draft in years... but my trades and pick ups have been awesome so I feel I'm deserving of a few extra worst picks. I mean my whole draft season was a mess. That said, I personally thought Lin was the best PG available in the draft at that point and I wanted my 3rd string guard to be a true PG... Not one of those spacers. Not expecting Linsanity by any means but I think he will be serviceable for my team. If all else fails... I'll just run to @baller7037 and trade for one of his 10 PGs... 10!!!

lol who says im going to trade anyone of my point guards/shooting guards

Please also update rosters so @wesbaedke can enter them in once draft is complete.

Round 4

Best: Holiday/Beal.  Lots of great value picks in this round. Smart pick for Phil especially since he has filled the starters already. He will get a boost when Holiday comes back, plus keeper potential. I have been itching to draft him for 3 rounds already but worried about filling my starters.
    Beal somehow managed to escape everyone's radar. He will most likely outperform most of the players picked in the last 3 rounds. Only 23 year old as well.

Worst:  none.  I expect all these to outperform their draft position. If I have to choose one, I will pick on our reigning champ again for Cody Zeller, as Zeller is way too boring lol

My pick: Carroll. Obviously sensing the insecurity of drafting the often injured Rondo, I feel I need another guy that gives me steals without hurting my FG%.  The sub 40% FG for Carroll has to be a fluke in just 26 games. I expect a decent bounce back in the second year of his fat contract. It helps he is playing for my home team lol.

Round 5

Best: Monta Ellis/ Danny Green. 2 bounce back candidates who can possibly provide top 60 value.  Price is right in 10th round.
    Worst: hard to find poor value when price is low lol. 

My pick: Capela.  Would he be the next DeAndre Jordan? I probably reached a little, but I am behind on blocks if Pau regresses too much or get injured. And my teams elite FT% so far can probably absorb Capela's 37% (!) lol.

@jasonuoft said:
    Round 4

Worst:  none.  I expect all these to outperform their draft position. If I have to choose one, I will pick on our reigning champ again for Cody Zeller, as Zeller is way too boring lol

Are we talking ROLO boring? LOL

Hey guys when notifying the next manager it's their pick, be sure to send them a message and NOT write on their wall. I'm looking @jasonuoft :P

Anyone with post draft analysis?

@Phil_OPastry said:
    Anyone with post draft analysis?

Why don't you start it off.. My only analysis so far is @baller7037 finishes bottom three again.

edited September 2016

I can only speak for my draft right now andthink my team will be more efficient this year. I can provide a pick by pick justification for my draft if need be.

I don't really know who the front runners are just yet.

@Phil_OPastry said:
    I can only speak for my draft right now andthink my team will be more efficient this year. I can provide a pick by pick justification for my draft if need be.

I don't really know who the front runners are just yet.

Sounds good to me. You're among the top 5 IMO so you'll be vying for a trophy. It's honestly much closer this year so its all about who gets the best pickups and who has the healthiest team.

I'm guessing bricks, dasein, and lilstinky to finish as the top 3 - not sure of the order though.

I think I'll be knocking on the door (i.e. top 4 or 5), but losing one of my top keepers before the season even starts combined with drafting from 2nd to last pick (I think later picks are worse even in snake drafts) will knock me out of a top 3 finish (as well as some excellent team-building from the 3 mentioned above).

-DR

edited September 2016

@lilstinkylynx said:
    My posts and analysis won't be as lengthy this season but here are my thoughts so far. The Top 6 Teams IMO

1. @bricks took over a very stacked team and I think his decision to keep Rubio over Drummond was simply the best move he could have done for his team in a roto format. It squarely places his team as the team to beat this year. Drummond (although a complete Beast) is just to deficient in one cat and really makes it nearly impossible to make up for it through the draft (especially in a keeper format) where most of the high volume FT shooters are usually off the board.

2. From an efficiency standpoint, @DaRuhl team takes the award. Literally his team is the only one where he starts the draft ahead in every category that I can imagine and no negatives to point out (TO's included.) This sets him up extremely well to compete and draft BPA without stressing too much on needs. Quite a luxury and this squarely puts him as the second best team IMO

3. Again, from an efficiency standpoint, even with the pick up of Cousins, I would venture to say that @dasein has the second most efficient team. His savvy trades have landed him some quality players and I feel this is the season he can legitimately say that he will be able to compete for a win in this league.

4. My team falls along my rankings as tied as the third best team. I have some monster players but my last two keepers come with so many question marks that it really drags my team down depending on how things shake out. Not to mention, Hassan can go bonkers in a bad way at any moment (My team is really built around him as the main core guy). I'm not sure I'll be in a position to hoist my 4th trophy.

5. @tek has been rebuilding his team for some time now and by landing KAT last season, his team rebuild just went that much faster into competitive zone. Not sure where he will go in the draft (draft young w/ potential or go for win now mode) but he's definitely revamped his core to being among the elite in this league of ours.

6. The final team was hard to choose (but if I had to)... I think I would give it to @Phil_OPastry He has revamped his shitty team when he took over and made it into a quick contender. Savvy strategy and a dumping of a few players has moved his core to a more Roto friendly point. Add that to the huge number of picks he gathers each season, he is in a nice place. (I, on the other hand, lose all my draft picks each season... Sigh)

Here was my analysis before the draft started. Here is my post analysis after the draft. I will edit my #1 and #2 rankings. I think @dasein is the team to beat and vaults to #1 - Good balance and efficiency and upside and low risk players. @bricks drops to the #2 position but honestly is not far behind. I still see myself in the top 3. @DaRuhl drops out of the top six IMO with his major injury to Middleton and the fact he drafted so late and losing so much value as noted. @jasonuoft jumps into the top 6 along with @Tek and @Phil_OPastry as dark horses to win the league this season.

@lilstinkylynx said:

@lilstinkylynx said:
    My posts and analysis won't be as lengthy this season but here are my thoughts so far. The Top 6 Teams IMO

1. @bricks took over a very stacked team and I think his decision to keep Rubio over Drummond was simply the best move he could have done for his team in a roto format. It squarely places his team as the team to beat this year. Drummond (although a complete Beast) is just to deficient in one cat and really makes it nearly impossible to make up for it through the draft (especially in a keeper format) where most of the high volume FT shooters are usually off the board.

2. From an efficiency standpoint, @DaRuhl team takes the award. Literally his team is the only one where he starts the draft ahead in every category that I can imagine and no negatives to point out (TO's included.) This sets him up extremely well to compete and draft BPA without stressing too much on needs. Quite a luxury and this squarely puts him as the second best team IMO

3. Again, from an efficiency standpoint, even with the pick up of Cousins, I would venture to say that @dasein has the second most efficient team. His savvy trades have landed him some quality players and I feel this is the season he can legitimately say that he will be able to compete for a win in this league.

4. My team falls along my rankings as tied as the third best team. I have some monster players but my last two keepers come with so many question marks that it really drags my team down depending on how things shake out. Not to mention, Hassan can go bonkers in a bad way at any moment (My team is really built around him as the main core guy). I'm not sure I'll be in a position to hoist my 4th trophy.

5. @tek has been rebuilding his team for some time now and by landing KAT last season, his team rebuild just went that much faster into competitive zone. Not sure where he will go in the draft (draft young w/ potential or go for win now mode) but he's definitely revamped his core to being among the elite in this league of ours.

6. The final team was hard to choose (but if I had to)... I think I would give it to @Phil_OPastry He has revamped his shitty team when he took over and made it into a quick contender. Savvy strategy and a dumping of a few players has moved his core to a more Roto friendly point. Add that to the huge number of picks he gathers each season, he is in a nice place. (I, on the other hand, lose all my draft picks each season... Sigh)

Here was my analysis before the draft started. Here is my post analysis after the draft. I will edit my #1 and #2 rankings. I think @dasein is the team to beat and vaults to #1 - Good balance and efficiency and upside and low risk players. @bricks drops to the #2 position but honestly is not far behind. I still see myself in the top 3. @DaRuhl drops out of the top six IMO with his major injury to Middleton and the fact he drafted so late and losing so much value as noted. @jasonuoft jumps into the top 6 along with @Tek and @Phil_OPastry as dark horses to win the league this season.

Out of the top six huh?? I'll bet you a first round -second round pick swap next draft that i finish top 6!! If I finish top 6, I get your first round for my second round. If I don't, you get my first round for your second round...

Spice things up a bit... All in good fun of course!

@DaRuhl said:
    Out of the top six huh?? I'll bet you a first round -second round pick swap next draft that i finish top 6!! If I finish top 6, I get your first round for my second round. If I don't, you get my first round for your second round...

Spice things up a bit... All in good fun of course!

I'm all for it if the league is cool with it. LOL. No fun unless we put my money where my mouth is but since you had mentioned yourself a top 4-5 finish... Lets make it if you fall out of the top 5... Deal?

This discussion has been closed.