Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

Down goes Rondo!

RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

Broken hand, out 6-8 weeks. Love how twitter sold him out where several people mentioned seeing him at a trampoline park. Anyone like the opportunity for Marcus Smart or is there not going to be much to see here in terms of filling Rondo's temporary fantasy void?

Comments

• Fenris_77Fenris_77 Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 215

Hmm. Giving Smart the reigns right from the get go makes my like him a little more for this year. It at least cracks the door to Boston just rolling with Smart and trading Rondo. It's a small chance, but it adds a little something spicy to a speculative pick.

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

Agree Fenris but you have to figure his recent string of incidents continue to bring down Rondo's trade value just a little more. He hasn't played a full season in quite some time, and combined with his coachability concerns, Ainge is going to need Rondo to prove himself over a sustained period of time. At least to probably get the return he's seeking in a deal.

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 937

Agreed Red. Rondo would have been gone yesterday if his value wasn't in the toilet due to injury. Danny doesn't want to trade him for peanuts just to trade him. This latest setback makes a trade in the near future less likely not more. But then, it was likely to be a deadline trade anyway.

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 517 mod

Why do people even lie about injuries anymore? You're going to get caught...

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

@silentjim said:
    Why do people even lie about injuries anymore? You're going to get caught...

Because for years, that's the way it's been done? Unless one personally gets caught (and learns his lesson) the mindset is a tough one to break.

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 517 mod

It just reminds me of a kid. Falling in the shower is just as dumb as getting hurt at a trampoline park.

• geodbeargeodbear Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 79 mod
  • Uin2itUin2it Member Posts: 16

Which moves Rondo down on the rankings to what....75th!?
    Any value in drafting Smart at 100-120 range?

edited October 2014

@Uin2it said:
    Which moves Rondo down on the rankings to what....75th!?
    Any value in drafting Smart at 100-120 range?

I'd push Rondo down further to right around the 100 mark.

Think of Smart as MCW-like from last season. If you an stomach his inefficiencies, he'll bring value. Otherwise pass.

Doesn't sound like Rondo broke his hand at the Trampoline park. Just that he showers 4-5 times a day which is even weirder. Hope he's moisturizing.

I'd say right around 100 as well and that's a per game rank.

• Fenris_77Fenris_77 Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 215

Yeah, I guess something around 100 works, although I'm only really interested if I ended up on the short end of a PG run earlier in the draft. Mostly I want to have 2-3 PG rostered by that point. So maybe call him ranked at 100 as a middling PG3? I can live with that.

• bjamesgalibjamesgali Member Posts: 217

Comparing smart to last years mcw is generous. I'd say think of last years trey Burke. You'll get good games, but a whole bunch of bad ones too.