Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

LeBron or The Brow

I have the 2nd pick in an upcoming draft 9cat roto standard everything.

I was hoping for the third pick with which i would take AD, but with the second pick, can I pass on Lebron and his potential 25-8-8 or go for AD with hos 20-10-3BLKS

mahalo

Comments

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 375

I'm going with the brow.

• Grounded_PoloGrounded_Polo Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 64

I'm picking Davis 2nd this year, I mean not me personally because my one redraft snake draft will surely have me picking like 10th. Ridiculous upside and won't be taking a seat for half of April either.

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

I'm a homer, but irrespective, the answer is DAVIS! A slight uptick in ability, natural progression and playing time should see his value comfortably surpass that of Lebron.

• Fenris_77Fenris_77 Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 215

I'd take Davis there without even thinking hard. We're talking roto here, so the choice is pretty obvious IMO (although I'd probably still take Davis for HtH too).

• daseindasein Member, League - Heroes Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League Posts: 1,018

If we're talking roto then I'd go Davis too. Factoring missed games I have them as a wash, so the upside is squarely with Davis on the chance that he misses less games than previously.

H2H, it would easily be LeBron for me based on injury history. However, his playoff schedule for standard H2H stinks bad so I'm still in two minds there.

• wesbaedkewesbaedke Member, Commish - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 140

No wrong answer here, it depends on how you want to build your team. If you like to play conservative, take LeBron and his higher floor. I try to think about who I might target for my 2nd and 3rd pick and determine who gives me the best combo.

• snickaboomsnickaboom Member Posts: 77

hmmm, its like 25-8-6 78games against a potential 23-13-4blks 62games.. il go for lebron here.

Why are you sure AD will miss 20 games?

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

@Grounded_Polo said:
    Why are you sure AD will miss 20 games?

Nod, to assume injuries are linear from year to year isn't prudent. Especially if they occurred to a player who was considered young for the league.

I think he missed like 6-8 games by knocking his finger on the rim while going for the dunk aka fluke and another 5 games at the end of the year due to a back injury but not sure if he would have played through it if it were January and not April.

• TheThrillTheThrill Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 267

FWIW (since this has been adequately commented on), I would also go with AD over LeBron with the 2nd pick.