Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

2014-15 Sleepers

RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

Time to kick off everyone's favorite topic -- sleepers! Who do you all really like to come out of the woodwork?

Based on Yahoo's O-ranks, I'm initially liking David West, Derrick Favors, Trevor Ariza, Robin Lopez, George Hill, Patrick Beverly and Terrence Jones.

Comments

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 319
    edited September 2014

I would add Gorgiu Dieng in there and even Pekovic, which seems counter intuitive. Terrence Jones' ranking is an insult. I'll add Kanter, Gobert, KCP, and KJ McDaniels.

• spud_webb_04spud_webb_04 Member Posts: 53

i would throw tj warren also in the mix

• perfilgriegoperfilgriego Member Posts: 6

Other players likely to outperform their O-Rank: Kyle Korver, Jose Calderón, JJ Redick, Tyson Chandler, Channing Frye, DeMarre Carroll, Draymond Green, Amir Johnson, Markieff Morris.

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 517 mod

Jodie Meeks sticks out to me for sure. I like most of the guys already brought up too. Jordan Hill is jumping sleeper status since everyone likes him, but he still has upside. I don't see TJ Warren being a guy who I'd draft but more of a waiver wire pickup if he plays himself into the rotation.

• dewgongoodewgongoo Member Posts: 1

Kyle Korver always seems to outperform his O-Rank.

• USMCKoontzUSMCKoontz Member Posts: 2

Kroger, chandler, oladipo, will outperform.

• FloetryInMotionFloetryInMotion Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 17

I doubt Tyson will be that great since he's a center on the wrong side of thirty, but I have been wrong before

• Phil_OPastryPhil_OPastry Member, League - Heroes Keeper League Posts: 319

Any thoughts on Robin Lopez? He finished ranked 40th and yahoo have him dropping to 76. The guy has improved each season and certainly has proven to be the durable Lopez brother. I don't see Kaman as a great threat to his minutes. Am I wrong in thinking he'll probably end up between 35-50?

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 517 mod

He's a solid player and with no real negatives for his position he makes more sense to me in ROTO than H2H. His yahoo O-Rank is pretty high, but I haven't seen him slipping that far as most people seem to understand than he does have value and fits nicely next to LMA. I guess it depends on where you draft him

• perfilgriegoperfilgriego Member Posts: 6

Tyson Chandler is a lock to lose 15 games and he is already 31 but his per game ranking in the last four years goes 67-31-48-82 and a return to Dallas should only help him. He is currently 100 in the O-Rank and I believe he has a good chance to outperform that position, hence the sleeper tag.

• TheOneAboveAllTheOneAboveAll Member Posts: 5

I like Josh McRoberts this year. He finished inside the top 100 last season and he's ranked outside of it in most rankings Ive seen.

Reggie Jackson should have an increase in usage with Fisher's departure. I think Morrow & Lamb are just there to eat into his minutes but RJ should get the bulk of the minutes between those 3 players.

Jared Sullinger should be prime for a breakout season. I'd be wary of his fg% but he was a solid contributor in counting stats especially in the 2nd half of the season.

• Fenris_77Fenris_77 Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 215

I think I'm going to end up owning McBob in a lot of leagues this year. I also think James Johnson is going to be a sneaky good play in a Raps lineup that, essentially, needs everything he does well in a really bad way. He's still later round guy, but the Blk/Stl could great value drafted medium-late.

• TheThrillTheThrill Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 267
    edited September 2014

@Fenris_77 said:
    I think I'm going to end up owning McBob in a lot of leagues this year. I also think James Johnson is going to be a sneaky good play in a Raps lineup that, essentially, needs everything he does well in a really bad way. He's still later round guy, but the Blk/Stl could great value drafted medium-late.

Interesting. I was thinking Ross is a sleeper. :)

• ggsggs Member, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 43

ross maybe best case is 14/4 with a good amount of threes? that really is a stretch though. mcbob i can get on board with. oladipo takes a step forward this year i hope.

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

@TheThrill said:
    Interesting. I was thinking Ross is a sleeper. :)

Nod. There is a reason James Johnson bounces from team to team. Considering Hollinger helps MEM crunch advanced statistics, they were certainly aware of what they had in him.

• Fenris_77Fenris_77 Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 215

I don't think Ross will lose serious minutes to Johnson. JJ can play at PF a little too, and Ross and DD will get first crack at the wing minutes.

• TheThrillTheThrill Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 267

Adding one more sleeper to the list. Marvin Williams (o-rank 194).

• deadshot11deadshot11 Member Posts: 19

@TheThrill said:

I agree with this. He was on my list last year, and any sleeper I tend to miss one year tends to be great the next. So he's due!

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

@TheThrill said:

Was just able to nab him this morning in the deep BOSF at pick #189. Quite happy about that, and with today's news he's penciled in as the team's starting PF, I feel I've got a bit of a steal. Now, just stay away you dirty injury bug!

I'm being nit picky here, but I see Marvin Williams as good value, but not as a sleeper. I want to see more upside from a sleeper than being ranked 125 on a good day.

Yes and no. If we're talking about a guy you can draft down near 200 that could return value closer to 100 then that sounds at least a little bit like a sleeper doesn't it?

@Fenris_77 said:
    Yes and no. If we're talking about a guy you can draft down near 200 that could return value closer to 100 then that sounds at least a little bit like a sleeper doesn't it?

I said nit picky. :D

I just don't see Marvin getting under 100 and that's kind of my litmus test I guess.

That's fair too. If it were another guy ranked 300+ who looked to rank out at 100-125 he'd be easier to call a sleeper.