Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

Keeper question

12 team, standard 9 cat Roto league. I have to keep 2 from: Melo, Dirk, Kyrie, Conley.

I'm leaning towards Melo and Kyrie, however I'm sure Kyrie's value will take a hit with LeBron and Love on board. Wondering if I should consider offering Kyrie (22 y/o) for someone like Lowry (28 y/o)? Ideally I'd like to swap for Wall but don't think his owner will pull the trigger. Wall owner is keeping Wall and Lowry. Who should I target for Kyrie? Maybe Lillard (24 y/o)? Or do I let the dice roll with Kyrie?

• Fenris_77Fenris_77 Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Salary Cap League Posts: 215

I'd probably roll the dice with Kyrie. The potential for counting stats drop of is certainly there with LeBron and Love in town, but the potential bump in efficiency is really quite large. Kyrie will be facing far less defensive attention this year than last, will be the recipient of more and better passes when he's open behind the arc, and also now has far better finishers to pass to when he does have the rock. So there's lots of room for improvement. I wouldn't trade him Lowry due to age and upside. I would have to think hard about moving him for Wall, but I bet the other manager rejects that trade anyway.

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

Go ahead and sit tight with Melo and Irving.

• Grounded_PoloGrounded_Polo Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 64

Melo and Irving in a landslide, you're overthinking this.

• ggsggs Member, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 43

not huge on kyrie this year but he's the best choice among your keepers.

• TheThrillTheThrill Member, League - Bonanza Keeper League Posts: 267

I would also stick with Kyrie and Melo. But you can certainly explore trade options to see what you might get for Kyrie.