Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

Battle of the Sports Forums 2014-15

Comments

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

@ Jim - it was fate you didn't land Tyreke Evans!

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 517 mod

@Redhopeful said:
    @ Jim - it was fate you didn't land Tyreke Evans!

Noticed that.

Did you see NZB's team analysis? That's literally an entire team of duds. Considering he's done with the draft I'm shocked at how poor is back end guys are. His first four picks were ok, but it just went downhill after that.

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

I haven't given it much of a read yet, but we shouldn't be surprised someone is tooting their own horn. ;)

• geodbeargeodbear Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 79 mod

Yeah, I read nzb's analysis. The "super-competitive in seven of the nine categories" had me chuckling. That team can't even be somewhat competitive in points, threes, assists, or steals.

• jphannedjphanned Member, Moderator, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 13 mod

Never a good thing when your fifth best player is Darren Collison.

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 517 mod

@jphanned said:
    Never a good thing when your fifth best player is Darren Collison.

Never. You just look at that team and it makes you wonder what he did wrong. You couldn't really say this guy was picked here or predict rounds for his last 9 picks.

Wow you guys are right. Just looked at Youngstar's team in detail and um...enjoy the consolation bracket.

Good pick on Farmar, Justin. He was on my short list (which I assume you figured and thus decided to draft now instead of later).

• jphannedjphanned Member, Moderator, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 13 mod

Yeah I don't draft again until the 14th round as I dealt my 13th pick to move up to grab Belinelli, so just went BPA here.

Well, that's the most amount of time I've wasted on a BOSF pick thus far...most of this morning.

The pickings are getting slim! I've got a short list of about 6 players and it'd be great if I could get two of them over the next two rounds. What about you guys? Any obvious guys you're targeting? I think I need to get a wing player and another big, but we'll see.

Not really Jim. My mentality is my last pick will probably be lucky to remain on my roster before the season even begins. ;)

Have to fly a little bit later today to Denver, so if you guys wouldn't mind making my pick after So-Tex it would be much appreciated: I'd like Shaun Livingston, but if So-Tex takes him I'd like Thabo Sefolosha.

• geodbeargeodbear Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 79 mod

I don't have any targets for my last pick as it's a ways away. Also thinking wing or big.

I like the idea of targeting Livingston.

Wow, sabonis actually drafted in a couple of hours. He's done and still has no PG. :o

@geodbear said:
    Wow, sabonis actually drafted in a couple of hours. He's done and still has no PG. :o

Do you think he knows? Seriously?

Yeah, he knows. 9 players with SF eligibility (6 SG/SF, 3 SF/PF), 1 player with SG only, and 4 players with C eligibility (3 PF/C, 1 C). He told me that the only PG he was targeting with his last pick(s) was Livingston. Jim fixed that. :D

@geodbear said:
    Yeah, he knows. 9 players with SF eligibility (6 SG/SF, 3 SF/PF), 1 player with SG only, and 4 players with C eligibility (3 PF/C, 1 C). He told me that the only PG he was targeting with his last pick(s) was Livingston. Jim fixed that. :D

Trade partner! :)

@silentjim said:
    Do you think he knows? Seriously?

Hehe I had said the same thing to George. First time I've ever seen something like this too.

I was considering Hinrich with my last pick, good choice Justin.

edited October 2014

Thanks Oleh. Wanted to go upside with both picks there but he seemed a bit too good a value to pass on (though given Rose's propensity for injury I guess Hinrich technically has some upside).

edited October 2014

Our teams not doing well by youngstar's rankings mean you and I are headed for another finals rematch, Oleh. :D

Not surprising Justin, coming from one of my most hated teams. :D

jphanned (674 posts) Today 2:24 PM -
    Speaking as a member of a competing forum, I think your strategy is brilliant sabocano. In fact I think all non-HA competitors should adapt it.

Well played! B)

And there goes the first add/drop. (Was there any doubt it'd be me?) Was never feeling Alex Len nor anyone else at the time of that pick anyways!

I almost picked Len instead of Aminu in the last round, thinking I would most likely drop the guy. I did half expect the first player picked up would be Jordan Clarkson.

I like that pickup of Cole. Still think Evan Turner is probably worth owning as well, but not a good fit for my team.

I was hoping to nab Jordan Clarkson in Jim/Thrill/mine dynasty. :(

Don't trust him and his playing time all that much under Byron Scott.

Is this the part of the preseason where Oleh picks up Jimmer Fredette? :p

@jphanned said:
    Is this the part of the preseason where Oleh picks up Jimmer Fredette? :p

Nope. This is where I tell you told-ya-so on Steven Adams! >:)

Hmm, just noticed Sly with only 3 guard eligible players. Besides Sabonis, have you guys seen anything else unusual?

My first weekly matchup keeps getting easier and easier.

Crazy. The news seemed to come out of nowhere.

Glad you grabbed Turner Oleh

Eh, I've got some hope, but not a lot. :)

Guarantee you drop him within a week. ;)

@jphanned said:
    Guarantee you drop him within a week. ;)

Suddenly, I'm liking Turner's chances!

He's still erratic with the ball, but hard to deny that he isn't an extremely cheap source of decent scoring and assists and board off position. I heard yesterday he was essentially going to play PG,SG, and SF minutes.

How are you guys feeling about your drafted teams at this point? The only move I'm bemoaning is selecting Amare over Mozzy. Figured I needed the points and FG% boost at the time more than the more rounded game of Mozgov. That said, we didn't have an inkling yet about JaVale McGee turning out to be a dud so quickly!

edited October 2014

Lol, Oleh already waived Turner. What'd I say? ;)

With Rondo coming back + needing at least ONE available PG, I had no choice!

Seriously though, if I pick up another injury...

Hoping for enough health sometime Lopez so I can trade him. :)

Thanks for not setting your lineup on Monday Seattle. Glad you missed out on Irving's monster game and counting stats from Scola and Eric Gordon. :D

Weird. I'm losing interest in the BOSF, this early in a season. May have to step down before the start of next season if I don't find the passion again.

If we were winning, it would help. We're at .500 which is good for 2nd place, but RK is starting to pull away. I haven't looked at the details but Jim down 0-9 to Youngstar. Yikes.

Hey now! It's only Friday! :p

It's more than just winning George. Can't put my finger on it entirely, but I just don't care to follow up to the minute basketball news anymore so that I can beat someone to the WW punch.

My days of combing the bball news have been over for a while. I don't think I've beaten anyone to the WW in years. I've only made 3 adds in BOSF. I can relate what you are saying.

What do you know? Week 14 - our first week where all four of us have won.

We're getting close to striking distance of first place overall

Just 6 games back now. Getting there!