Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Fantasy Basketball Cafe Response Team is coming back for the rest of the season. If you are interested in helping our community grow by interacting with our members, providing quality feedback and getting more involved, direct message "DailyFantasyCafe" for details.

Battle of the Sports Forums 2014-15

RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

Here we go!

Comments

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod

Solid pick on David West, J. For a minute, I really thought Derrick Rose might fall to me. Hope he works out for you George. One more pick (DC) before I'm up.

• geodbeargeodbear Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 79 mod

I hope so too Oleh. I was leaning towards Holiday but I figure some value to be had with Rose, but I have an uneasy feeling holding him and Lopez.

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 547 mod

I'm liking all of our teams so far. I need to nab a few dudes and I'll be pumped

• silentjimsilentjim Member, Moderator, Commish - Bonanza Keeper League, Commish - Salary Cap League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 547 mod

Awww I wanted MCW

• RedhopefulRedhopeful Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 182 mod
    edited September 2014

George, if I was you, I'd strongly consider selling high at some point on either Rose, Lopez or both. Considering LeBrons and Dipo's playoff schedules, I'll probably entertain/propose more trade offers than usual this season.

Jim, why so high on MCW? I admit he's alluring but his shoulder surgery was no joke. I envision him not being 100% until after the season starts. Moreover, a guy who needs to work on his shot, taking an entire summer off can't bode well.

I needed to add some elite points, steals, and assists and could handle his FG%, but its probably for the best

• geodbeargeodbear Member, Moderator, League - Bonanza Keeper League, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 79 mod

I am officially punting steals for first time ever. Once I drafted Rose, that path was set as it won't be worth chasing. Wanted Calderon though. HF spoiled that for me.

Moved fast early, but then a total stop here for a bit. Some value picks still out there. Can't believe Korver still hasn't been drafted considering how safe a lot of guys have been picking,

Yeah, giant sized speed bump. :(

Justin called it on Sabonis's picks - That's So Roto!

Which will be the name of Sabonis's new sitcom.

Nice Sabonis!

Curtis took Stephenson who was the first guy I kind of wanted. Still not great value there.

If I didn't already have two Pistons I might gamble on Jennings, but I'll probably go safe with Tony Parker here if he's available.

edited September 2014

Cap. is a funny guy. Early in the day, he was asking if I wanted to trade away my sixth round pick. He made two proposals; I promptly rejected both (just no interest in trading down). In the afternoon, he did a 180 and asked if I would be interested in his 6th or 7th rounder, but to blow his doors off. I offered his initial offer to me, he laughed. He countered with his 94th, 195th and 203rd for my 100th, 132nd and 189th.

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WHAT!

After begging for serenity now, I re-countered with his final offer to me from earlier in the day. No answer.

I think he asked everyone. I gave him one offer: his 7.03 (99), 14.06 (214), 14.14 (222) for my 8.10 (122), 12.10 (186), 13.07 (199). He said no.

Interesting. My final offer was his 94, 190 and 203 for my 125, 157 and 164.

He offered me a deal too but I passed from the get go. Don't have specific targets anymore that are guaranteed to be there.

Rkcf sniped me there by taking Barnes. Oh well, knock on wood Ginobili can come decently close to matching last year's # of games + production.

Definitely! A few teams are so slow

Sheesh! I think I completely jinxed the pace of this draft now. :'(

Aww, was hoping Jameer would make it back to me.

Jameer isn't a fit for my team, but he is someone I'm targeting late in drafts

• jphannedjphanned Member, Moderator, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 13 mod

Yeah liked the Jameer pick. Tyler Zeller, not so much.

Probably not the best Zeller to be taking even

Agree with you all. Had Jameer on my list. Tyler, nowhere even close. Must have been the Fran hype in the FFL draft thread, picked 178 there.

forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=336&t=1340103&start=160

• jphannedjphanned Member, Moderator, League - Battle of the Sports Forums Posts: 13 mod

@geodbear said:
    Agree with you all. Had Jameer on my list. Tyler, nowhere even close. Must have been the Fran hype in the FFL draft thread, picked 178 there.

forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=336&t=1340103&start=160

I didn't realize that Portuguese drugs were so potent.

Ha! Funny how positive Bostonians are with shiny new toys and it's simply amazing when they can influence others.

Dalembert picked? {Snicker}

I had Dally on my short list hahaha

@silentjim said:
    I had Dally on my short list hahaha

He's not triangle material, at least methinks! :)

Decided to take the plunge on Adams, with the news today serving as a deciding factor.

Hadn't seen the Perkins news till I just read your post. Doesn't sound too major, but at this point in the draft any sliver could be the difference between finding a gem and a dud

The Bulls used some pretty terrible centers in the triangle back in the day who managed to put up some decent stats, so who knows about that. Dally always seems to underperform no matter what though.

@silentjim said:
    Hadn't seen the Perkins news till I just read your post. Doesn't sound too major, but at this point in the draft any sliver could be the difference between finding a gem and a dud

Agree, not major, but it was another thing to put in Adams' belt. Now he's got a bigger opportunity to impress playing with the starters in preseason.

I'm more enthused by the fact Adams started playing more minutes than Perkins in last year's playoffs. Always a fan of having 4 centers on a BOSF team, and with plenty of wings to speculate on remaining, thought it was best to nab a potential starter in the paint.

I don't know about you guys, but I've had to adjust a bit during this draft. 3 times Nate (rkcf) nabbed a player I was targeting: Bogut, Barnes and Conley.

@silentjim said:
    The Bulls used some pretty terrible centers in the triangle back in the day who managed to put up some decent stats, so who knows about that. Dally always seems to underperform no matter what though.

I'm of mind that Dally was the useless part of the trade for NYK as Felton was for DAL.

Adams is a bit ... aggressive, Oleh. It's a strained quad, and Brooks' irrational love affair with Perkins has been well-documented.

With Dally, it's not that he's a useless center, he's a dumb center. And no matter who's been the coach, he finds some way to get in the doghouse. Always.

@jphanned said:
    Adams is a bit ... aggressive, Oleh. It's a strained quad, and Brooks' irrational love affair with Perkins has been well-documented.

Yet it appeared Brooks reached a breaking point in the playoffs...

@geodbear said:
    With Dally, it's not that he's a useless center, he's a dumb center. And no matter who's been the coach, he finds some way to get in the doghouse. Always.

Thumbs up!

Anyways, this is the time in the draft to play hunches and generally I've done well with them. Justin and George, have you guys zeroed in on a particular player or two? You might get a chance to select them sometime tomorrow.

I was hoping for tonight, I know HF will pick quickly once it's his turn, but ...

I don't have any strong targets. I wouldn't mind picking up PG/SG but there aren't many options left. I might go with a SG/SF, thinking Swaggy P.

Just so I can post this classic.

(Other possibilities: Foye, Belinelli, Courtney Lee)

Swaggy was taken two rounds ago, George.

Thanks Justin, Forgot to mark him as drafted.

• MochaMocha Administrator Posts: 27 admin

Hi Guys - Can we move this discussion to a different category? I've got email notifications set for this category since I'd like to be in the loop on moderator-related duties and discussions. Ideally this category is just used for Moderator related discussions such as mod processes and such. If this is league-related, it can be moved to the leagues section. Appreciate it!

@Mocha said:
    Hi Guys - Can we move this discussion to a different category? I've got email notifications set for this category since I'd like to be in the loop on moderator-related duties and discussions. Ideally this category is just used for Moderator related discussions such as mod processes and such. If this is league-related, it can be moved to the leagues section. Appreciate it!

Sorry. We've always had in under mod discussions as this league is a competition between forums and we couldn't have other people peaking in on inside strategy. Leagues were never visible to only those in them before so we always had to do it in secret.

Can you create a BOSF league and add the four of us to it and move this thread to it?

• MochaMocha Administrator Posts: 27 admin

No worries! I've gone ahead and moved this into:

Fantasy Basketball Leagues > Cafe Draft Room > Battle of the Sports Forums

This is only visible to you 4.

Here's the direct link:

http://fantasybasketballcafe.com/categories/battle-of-the-sports-forums

Thanks Adrian.

Thanks and sorry again!

Thanks Adrian. If only the draft moved as fast.

Once again, if we all weren't timely with nearly all of our picks, this draft would be absolute:

Such a dick move -- using up nearly all 12 hours of one's allotted time!

Sabonis with the full clock. >:)
    Sabonis punting PGs. :p

@geodbear said:
    Sabonis punting PGs. :p

AHAHAHAAAAAA! Hadn't even noticed till now. Do you think he knows? >:)